TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through September 04, 2013 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
True babyjaxmom, but I was hoping for a return of Bach Pad. LOl. Plus, it's a good time to binge on shows I never watched like Madmen or Homeland or Downton Abbey. Still on my to-watch list. I think I'm a season behind on Damages and Californication too. Too many shows, so little time. And I like conclusions. So now we won't have a conclusion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I miss Bach Pad too! It always made me feel so dirty, but I did enjoy that show!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So the dome didn't even crack after the bomb and outside is a wasteland... they better pray nothing leaks inside just in case the blast was radioactive... who knows..
That poor girl just can't find any peace and her brother looking for her has no idea...
I think the show is interesting enough and not much else is there... but then why I can't seem to catch up on stuff on my pvr...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Personally I only started watching because I thought it was a short-term thing. Not sure I'm interested enough to stay in it for the long haul.

I think they used incidienary (extreme heat) (I'm sure I butchered the spelling of that!) weapons but not nuclear (besides, nuclear weapons would have affected the entire nation, depending on prevailing winds, so that would not have been a good choice). Kind of bad for those people who lived around the dome - they lost everything!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I liked the premise of a one-season-only show based on an interesting book. I was hoping they might do more series like this in the future - obviously with DIFFERENT books each time - not the same one dragged out!

Now I'll just head to a spoiler thread for an explanation of the dome. Granted, maybe SK meant this to be a series all along and I'll find out that the explanation doesn't necessarily end the story but it still irks me that we (or at least I) started watching this because there was suppose to be a conclusion at the end of this summer.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well silly me - Upon further investigation, this was intended to be a continuing series all along. With the Lost crew running things, will they wait 5 seasons to explain the dome?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was tickled they finally resolved the water crisis even with all the wasted story time skulking around in the dark and having a big shoot-out. Glad I could fast forward through it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You blow out a well and the next day the reservoir is full.... hmmmm... but at least they got rid of that storyline otherwise the whole series would have to be about scavenging for food and water.

"The monarch will be crowned." Early on in the episode they had a pretty rough version of a cgi monarch butterfly, and then near the end they focused on the butterfly tattoo (though not a monarch) on Angie's shoulder. Curious.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
At the rate they're killing people I wonder if there'll be any characters left for a second season. :-)

Seems like (unlike other shows of this type) there are more psycho, corrupt, greedy, & violent people in this town than there are normal citizens. It's stressing me out!

I wonder if the out-of-control lawlessness is being caused by the dome itself, or if this town has always been populated by barely civilized people just waiting for an excuse to pillage, rape & murder.

Call me boring, but I'd be happy w/ watching the town try to work together to adapt w/out so much violence every episode.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
A big amen to your last paragraph, Whrlwnd!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
You blow out a well and the next day the reservoir is full.... hmmmm

So, the farmer said his family had owned that well for 75 years... wonder which generation was the one that rigged it so they were draining all of the other wells & reservoir. And Big Jim knew about it, too...tsk tsk
The 6 or 7 good people in that town are sure lucky that Barbie happened to get trapped there! :-)

A big amen to your last paragraph, Whrlwnd! :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
did you guess which hand is missing?? I think it's Junior's hand (from that painting he should be the one).

The story is getting quite complex... I love it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I thought the missing hand might be Julia's, but you are right the painting may suggest Junior.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I believe you are right also. Makes total sense to me and I'll be surprised if it isn't him. But, how do you tell him about the egg without him cracking (pun intended)?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I sure hope Mare Winningham saved herself. She's one of my favorite actors.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay, so why did the town get so freaked out about the water situation a couple of episodes back when they had a whole frickin' lake under the dome with them???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the lake is the reservoir, and it only refilled once they blew up that guy's well - the well had somehow redirected and hogged the water supply for the last few years.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I can accept the idea that several wells can lose their access to water because of one strategically placed well that diverts their shared water source, but I don't buy the idea that a whole lake was being diverted due to that one well.

Didn't they say that the family of the guy with the well had been there for several generations and that their well had diverted the water something 75 years before? If that's true, the lake would have been dry for 75 years. In fact, the map they looked at in this episode showed a lake there and I would think that a modern map would not show a lake there if it had been missing for three quarters of a century.

I can accept the impossible in a show like this, but it's a whole lot harder to accept the improbable, especially when it comes to suspending the laws of physics.

Sloppy writing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't say it made sense ;). They actually showed the full reservoir at the end of the episode when they blew up the well, as if 10 minutes later the whole lake was full! (This is unless I'm confusing two different lakes, which is entirely possible...)

I can't remember how long ago it was meant to be, but some of them seemed to remember the reservoir being there, so I don't think it was that long ago. Your memory is usually much better than mine on these things though.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I didn't say it made sense ;)"

Well, that makes sense! (in reference to what you said about it not making sense, that is....)

"They actually showed the full reservoir at the end of the episode when they blew up the well, as if 10 minutes later the whole lake was full!"

I must have missed that....or saw it and then promptly forgot it. I guess I'm just expecting too much from this series...that lake distracted me so much I probably missed some important clues/events in this episode, too!

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
i thought the lake was contaminated with methane gas.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Right you are, Sara.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't like the frame-up against Barbi. I hate when things like that happen.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Me too OG. I find myself feeling very frustrated at plots like that. Makes my blood pressure rise!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the Dome will save him?