TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through September 08, 2013 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kitt that video made me LOL. People are so clever.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
That is quite funny, reminded me that I need to go back and watch the entire episode again.

Loremma

04-25-2004

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering what Walt's end game is. I'm sure he's thinking he will die from the cancer or a shoot out, etc. But what does he think will happen to Skylar and the kids? Now that Hank knows he can't leave them thinking that at least they will have family to look after them.

When Walt broke into his gated/vandalized home and the neighbor saw him and was freaked out, I think she thought he was dead. Did Walt and family go to Saul's "guy" and disappear after faking their deaths so the neighbor was shocked to see him alive?

In the first episode this season Walt buys that gun from some guy and saying he's from Connecticut (or some place in the East). Could he have relocated there and is coming back to protect Jesse? I just can't believe that Walt would kill Jesse or let something bad happen to him. I think he loves Jesse - in his way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Interesting thought that he might be coming back to save Jessie.

When the neighbor lady saw him in the flash forward, I thought she looked shocked to see him because she knew he was a criminal, a wanted man. Can't wait to see how all this plays out. And yes, it would seem to bond between the sisters may be broken now beyond repair, which is too bad.

Starr

07-09-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Don't we know the house is spared because we saw a "flash-forward" a few weeks ago where the skateboarders were doing their stunts in the dry pool and Walt walked in the front door. .. Right? Isn't that when he got the ricin from the hiding place (the electrical socket) Or did I imagine all that? LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can anyone remember if back then the house was cordoned off with crime scene tape or hazardous material tape? I thought it was crime scene tape but if it was because it was hazardous then Jesse pouring petrol over it might be all that it takes. Maybe I can find a screen cap...

(Yes, Starr, that's when Walt came back to get the ricin.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Found a pic here http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/White_Residence?file=BB-BMS08E0903.JPG

It's not tape, it's fenced off and there's a sign on the fence (and garage door) saying "City of Albuquerque WARNING no trespassing," then small print stuff I can't read. But the house is vandalised and Heisenberg is spray painted on the wall inside, so even if the house was just condemned because of Jesse putting the gasoline on it, the scene still revealed Walt will be found out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We def saw the house all boarded up, but I can't recall the condition. I think you're all correct that it wasn't burned up.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the pic Kitt. There's also one of him standing in the house and the inside looks a bit trashed. So yes, I'd say no fire, but how do we get from gasoline to Heisenberg painted on the wall. Hmmm......

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting twist!

Did you notice how everyone else got a purple mug but not Jesse!?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
And his white mug was a DEA mug - hilarious!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, noticed the DEA mug right away. Not so subtle message to Jesse!

Is anyone else screaming "run Jesse, run" to get away from Hank. No way is Hank going to protect him for long. I'm not thrilled at all with Walt's call to that psycho guy (Todd?).

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Man, Hank is a cold SOB at times (re Jesse).

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I wonder what is on the disc that Jesse left on the dashboard of Saul's car when he left it at Walt's house. I hope we find out next episode.

Queenie

07-09-2007

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
do you mean the white stuff or the actual data on the disc, gail?
Personally, I think it was just a random music disc he picked out to do his lines off of.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ooh, maybe that's it Queenie. There was some significance to the disc that was lost on me. I bet it was drugs. I guess I need an even bigger TV!

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I mean the data on the disc, although I did notice the white dust all over the surface. I think it's another example of Chekov's gun that Gilligan likes to use. I'm sure we'll find out later what it means. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a link to an article about the brief history of Chekov's gun in Breaking Bad.

{http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/07/a-brief-history-chekhovs-gun-breaking-bad/}

If it's not allowed, mods, please remove it. Thanks!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link. I didn't know it had a name, but I like those little foreshadowing moments.

Queenie

07-09-2007

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Queenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Gail....interesting

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Thursday, September 05, 2013 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I've had a thought about the disc. When Walt made his "confession" dvd blaming Hank for everything it would have been prudent and necessary to make a copy of it and give it to someone he trusts. That could only be Saul. Jesse used Saul's car to go to Walt's house. I'll bet that disc is a copy of the confession and will surface again later.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well, sure looks like the crappola has most certainly hit the fan, doesn't it? Awesome episode tonight!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The show has "set the bar" for tension and then re-set it several times over the seasons. Tonight's eppy definitely established a new height of tension. Oy vey! I had trouble breathing during that final scene. Incredible!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I need a time machine to fast forward to next Sunday RIGHT NOW!

Damn...that was one hell of an episode. I was actually worried when Hank told his cop friend to stay behind and wait for the search team because I figured those guys would show up and kill him and take the money (AKA the evidence against Walt) but I never expected a full on gunfight between Walt's men and Hank and his man with Jesse and Walt caught in the crossfire.

Wow.

Five seasons in and every episode still surprises me.

Kudos to Vince Gilligan!
applause

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Word.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My heart was pounding so hard at the end of this episode. Can't wait for next Sunday. Run Jesse RUN!