TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through August 25, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The intro scene goes with the intro from Season 5 episode 1 (the one we just saw was Season 5 episode 8) which are set sometime in the future when things appear to have gone horribly wrong. They've got a lot to pack into the last seven episodes to get us to there!

I wasn't expecting Hank to do anything to Walter, I thought Walter might suddenly decide he had to be sinister and might hit Hank! I just can't even guess how this season is going to work itself out, and I'm so anxious that my Jesse is still spiralling downwards.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, obvious that things go horribly wrong. I'm really worried about Jesse. I don't want this to end badly for him. :-(

That last scene was so intense! Hank knows, but can he prove it? The one piece of evidence he has was obtained illegally. And Walt could say he bought it at a garage sale or used booked store.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They could kill off anyone and I'd be okay, but not Jesse. Ok and maybe not Walt Jr or the baby girl. But anyone else!

I think the issue with Hank is not so much can he prove it, but how can he cause the least harm to the ones he loves (his wife's sister, Walt Jr, baby) while still protecting them. And I presume he doesn't know that Skylar knows so that might change things.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, Hank may discover that taking down Walt also takes down Skylar.

Jesse needs to be the point of redemption for this to work out okay for me. Heaven help me if they give me a lame ending (a la Lost). :-)

Can I just say that I love how everything around Hank's wife is purple. Everything!

Loremma

04-25-2004

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure how Hank will handle "knowing" Walt is Heisenberg. I don't think he will arrest him - at least not yet. Probably investigate him to make sure. Hank will have to figure out it was Walt's drug money that paid for his therapy, how will that make Hank feel?

And he can't tell the guys in his squad that the biggest drug lord in Albuquerque is his brother in law and he never knew! His ego couldn't handle that. Will he try to blackmail him or just hope the cancer gets him?

Poor Jesse. He is a tortured soul. Trying to do right. I hope he's redeemed by the series end. I hope he never figures out all the things Walt has done to him. I think that would send him over the edge.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
YEs, Hank looks pretty bad now -- can't figure out the culprit is right under his nose and then used drug money to pay for his therapy!

I've always wanted Walt to have a more paternal feeling toward Jesse, but time and again it seems he just wants to use him. I'm still hopeful that I'll see some genuine feeling there from Walt, but it's not looking good.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I'm not so sure that Hank obtained the Leaves of Grass book illegally. He had permission to use the bathroom and the book was on top of the toilet tank in plain view.
As for Walt's paternal feelings toward Jesse, he expresses them when his guard is down, like in fly when he was exhausted and Jesse had doped him on OTC sleep meds. And after Jr's birthday when Walt asked Walter jr. if he liked the car. Jr. said he did and Walt called him Jesse.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had forgot about Walk calling Walt Jr Jessie.

Have you all seen some of the funny things on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_Kd9ZoA6Q

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Aaron Paul was on Reddit yesterday, talking to fans and answering questions for a good couple of hours. It was very interesting.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mythbusters was supposed to have a Breaking Bad episode. I've looked all through my cable guide. I also have Mythbusters set up to record any new eps, but I'm not finding anything. Did anyone catch it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's meant to be repeated at 2pm ET Thursday on the Discovery channel. (And thanks, because I missed it too!)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm frustrated because I searched all through the schedule looking for it. I'll look again and maybe check the discovery web site. Maybe Comcast is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My Directv has it on at the time Discovery said (well, actually at 11am, because we get the East Coast feed here on the West Coast).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have comcast and my TIVO schedule shows that it will re-air at 2pm tomorrow on DISCOVERY as Kitt said.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks guys! Comcast must have had an update overnight because it's now showing in my upcoming recordings and I was able to search for it. It's showing as a brand new episode tomorrow at noon.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, August 16, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Breaking Bad Episode 9 Now Available Online

Breaking Bad is back and Sunday's Premiere of the Final 8 Episodes set the stage for an epic showdown between Walt and Hank. If you missed the show, AMC.com is now streaming the full episode for free. This is a limited time one-time-only event and will not be happening with future episodes in the series

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/full-episode-509-blood-money-breaking-bad?utm_campaign=BB&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MarketTraq&utm_content=8.16.13&utm_term=276337

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We named our new dog Jessie after Jesse Pinkman. :-) She's girl, but the name fits her well and my daughter likes it. (She also loves to watch the TV show Jessie on Disney.)

Did anyone watch the Mythbusters. I would have liked to see more of the creator and "Jesse" but it was a fun episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was racking (wracking?) my brains trying to think who Vince Gilligan looks like! Closest I could get was Dave Foley but I don't think he's the one I'm thinking of. Does he look like anyone to anyone else?

Yes, I was hoping for more Jesse too, but I guess the two main guys are the stars of their show. That gas that came off the acid bath was nasty!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
oh Jesse!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jesse! He needs to lawyer up. Can't wait to see what the DEA guy is going to say to him.

Just_gail

08-25-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Just_gail a private message Print Post    
I think Todd will be the one who messes things up. I don't like him. He's working with Lydia and she's a hot mess.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
FINALLY got around to watching the first two episodes this morning. The writing and acting on this show is fantastic. Looking forward to Sunday's episode when Hank talks to Jessie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What's with Jessie's cigarette pack and what is he missing.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Huell pickpockets the weed from Jessie's pocket when he's leaving Saul's office. When Jessie goes looking for it in his coat while waiting on the van to pick him up, he finds it gone and starts searching thru all his pockets looking for his weed. He pulls out his cigs and all of a sudden a light goes on. Losing the niacin from the cigs (last season) has always been a mystery for Jessie and he beat himself to death almost, thinking he was the cause of the gf's kid being poisoned. He could never figure out how the niacin got out of his cig box. So now, it's clear that Saul's man, Huell, sussed the weed from his pocket as they passed each other at the door--it was like a deja vu moment for him and he realised that Walt was behind the niacin theft and that he poisoned the little boy in order to keep Jesse in his control. That's why Jesse lost it. We've always said either that or finding out about Jane would send him over the edge and it did. Hope that clear it for you :-)

But what did everyone think of the 'confession'? Wow. Just wow. Walter White has sunk to the lowest he could ever go. He has absolutely no conscience left. Not a bit.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching 'Talking Bad' the 1/2 hour discussion panel which comes on (well) after the show. Must say it's been a disappointment. The guy who hosts it is a bit of a geekie pratt, and I get the impression the actors from BB who appear to 'discuss' the show with him, think that about him too. Bad choice of host, imo. What's this about a break-off show, "Better Call Saul"? Is it really gonna happen?