TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 14, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ooops double post

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI:

Wow, Sundays are getting BUSY! Eight different shows that I watch (or plan on watching) will be starting on Sunday the 23rd and Sunday the 30th.

Starting tomorrow Sunday June 23:

Whodunit? - ABC
Crossing Lines - NBC
Drop Dead Diva - Lifetime
Devious Maids (by Marc Cherry who did Desperate Housewives) - Lifetime
Coppers - BBCAmerica

Starting Sunday June 30:

Dexter - Showtime
Ray Donovan - Showtime
American Ninja Warrior - G4 and NBC

That's not even counting all the stuff that's already airing on Sundays.....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I have been afraid of this. Everytime I hear a new show is starting that interests me it seems like it is against several other shows I like.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm having to do a lot of time-shifting on Sundays now. Inspector Lewis starts this Sunday on PBS as well (on my NY station). I'm going to have to check if Copper starts here and I wanted to catch Ray Donovan. In Canada it is showing on HBO so they repeat stuff ad nauseum, it should be easy to catch.

eta - Copper won't start on Showcase until the fall. And I always have to say "Robert Morehouse" is my friend's nephew.

For any Degrassi fans the new season on Much starts July 11.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I plan to watch 5 of those shows, dang I didnt realize Diva was on Sun. grrr how will I dvr all this!? I know I have east coast feed for the Showtime stuff so that will help

Out of the 5 if I could only watch one it would be Dexter! sooooo excited for this season!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I think America Ninja Warrior is also on G4 (to help with DVR conflicts).

Anything on Showtime is repeated.
BTW, my dad will be on Ray Donovan, starting episode 3 (he plays a taxi driver; his story is he got casted cause he looked like the taxi driver extra in the pilot, and then after his first episode they liked him enough to keep writing his character so he is in about 6 episodes including the season finale).

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Drop Dead Diva can be viewed online within 24 hours, so I wouldn't bother DVRing that one. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That other show Devious Maids, looks like it might be funny, it is on after Drop Dead Diva.

I am taping those two when I go to bed, they repeat at 11 and 12.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I hadn't heard of Ray Donovan, but just checked it out. Don't have Showtime, but it's also being shown by Direct TV. It looks good.

I missed it tonight, so I'm taping it Tuesday. I'll watch for your Dad, Kona. That's cool!

I'm having a very hard time getting interested in Crossing Lines. Is it worth the two hours?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Cricket - I liked Crossing Lines for the first hour but then felt like the writing suddenly turned very bad in the last 30 minutes. The French officer who was kidnapped didn't seem to know how to fight back at all. She seems more like a nun then a police officer in her actions.

Then when the Irish guy and the woman from Scotland Yard had problems, he seemed to have no way to call anyone else other then to just yell. Really? No phones - No walkie-talkies? And then the main guy's gun doesn't work when he finally finds the bad guy. How incompetent did these people look in that last half hour?!

I love William Fichtner and want this show to work. They need to do some overtime on their writing.

PS - If they were in Paris, why did all the officers have on jackets that said "Police" - in English?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Mistresses? I didn't want to like it but now I'm suckered in.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
moved to the Crossing Lines thread

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I'm watching it. It's better than I thought it would be.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Merry,
It's getting so predictable already. I knew that kid was probably not the husband's but it is bugging me that she just believed that phony paternity test the woman handed her. Thought she would have pulled a hair out of the kid's head and found something in her house to do her own but we see Savi cleaning up the husband's shavings.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't believe the paternity test was real, either. I do wonder how Savi's husband won't realize that she took the whole head off the razor!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The "whodunnit' show, couldn't be more ridiculous!!! How many of them are actors and who is really playing the game? So dumb!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Saturday night that long awaited Anna Nicole Smith TV movie is finally airing. It's going to be on Saturday, June 29, on Lifetime. The actual full title is just "Anna Nicole".

They've taken so long, and made such a big deal about it, it better be worth it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Impractical Jokers" is back with new eps starting this Thursday, Aug 1, on TruTV. They are showing a little marathon of 4 old eps right before the new one.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - a show that I have been anticipating, Broadchurch, with the delicious David Tennant starts August 4 on Showcase.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up Jasper. Not sure if it's for me, but for mystery lovers here's the skinny on the show:

http://tennantnews.blogspot.ca/2013/06/broadchurch-comes-to-canada-series.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here is a list for the next week of premiere dates:

Wednesday, August 7th

10:00 Broadchurch (BBC America)

Saturday, August 10th

9:00 The White Queen (Starz)
9:00 Hell on Wheels (AMC) (Two-Hour Premiere)

Sunday, August 11th

9:00 Breaking Bad (AMC)
10:00 Low Winter Sun (AMC)
11:00 Talking Bad (AMC)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Low Winter Sun last night! I liked it! Looks interesting!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Low Winter Sun was very good. It has complex characters that aren't just good guys and bad guys....they have layers and the bad crosses over to the good. The characters are so compelling, it hooked me in the first five minutes.

It's also got a dark and moody atmosphere, not unlike the The Killing. I get the feeling that these characters will surprise me more than I expect them to.

Two thumbs up!

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for the White Queen! That is my cup of tea. Also looking forward to Reign on CW

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The White Queen on STARZ already started...it debuted on Saturday, Aug 10...