TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 09, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Have fun Lawrie. It has been very hot here, finally got a little relief yesterday. Should be nice for your week here. Whereabouts is your dad?

Peapod -I felt for David he was devasted.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper. I'll be in London. I'm hoping it cools off. I grew up there and have never missed the humidity.

I think there are some good/interesting possibly sad storylines coming up.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
although David scares me, i like him and that devastation i cannot take. What will he do?
I do not like only watching 30mins daily. Don't like what Tina is planning to do either.
Enjoy your trip Lawrie. [hope i get all on PVR on Sunday]

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I find David quite charming when he is getting things his way, but detestable when he has these fits of temper and revenge. After he shoved Gail down the stairs and walked off with no remorse, I just dont like this character anymore.
We know he is going to drop a whole lot of hurt on Kylie and Nick and his mother will get some fall out too. Instead of just walking away from his faulty marriage and his mother, he will stick around and be evil. Just once I would like to see him be held accountable for his actions.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I received an email re the east coast visit this year, it will be Owen and Gary. And for Ontario it will be Eileen and Paul. Not really that interested in Paul's character but I do love Eileen. Wish it was Steve or Lloyd with her. They are coming to both Barrie and Markham so I will have my pick of close enough venues! If anyone wants a copy of the email pls pm and I'll forward the details.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
My PVR really messed up so i missed one week. watched Sunday, saw David at his worst in the apt. but how did he find out?

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
David overheard his mother and Kylie discussing it when Kylie was making plans for an overnight getaway.

Because he knew they were involved in something secret, he was upstairs and listened to them talking when they came in the house.

He's baaaaaak to being the evil David.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
yep! see the way his eyes get, i do not understand the lighter. maybe i don't want to. i feel sorry for him...and i don't like what Tina is doing, she is not trying to see reason.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It's peters lighter. He's been planting the seed with bothe nick and Gail that Leanne and Peter are getting along too well. I know what he does and what Tina does as I watched last night. But I'll keep my lip buttoned until everyone has seen it.

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg Jasper. I'm taping fine now so i'll see it all on Sunday. (for some reason Shaw tech attached an external drive to my PVR and it was messing up, freezing and timing off. i disconnected it all is well again)

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Just watching now. Nick and Leanne just got home to find a mess.

It's like David went out for milk and came home his old self.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup he slipped back into his old self pretty easily.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Okay. I'm nearly caught up. I don't know if I am missing something about Roy. Is he doing these "pranks" himself in his sleep? He seems to be acting out of character.

And I love that Norris got caught by Emily!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes about Roy. I gather the stress he has been under re his father is causing the nighttime episodes. Geez Gail is such a so and so. Poor Tina, Gary an izzie are constantly there.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
All caught up now!

I've never been a fan of Gail's but I am starting to dislike even seeing her. David is out of control but she certainly doesn't help the situation.

How does Emily put up with Norris? I'm sure that I would have lost patience and kicked him out years ago. I used to find him a bit of a comic relief sort of character but he is losing me lately.

I'm glad that Tina did what she did but I agree that constantly seeing Izzy and Gary must be making it difficult for her to grieve.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Gail is so sanctimonious. All the things she herself, and her family has waded thru you think she would a) have a little more empathy and b) not be so quick to judge. Remember prison Gail? Being accused of murder, Tracey and her venom? Geesh woman, maybe she needs her mother to talk some sense in to her.

I don't know how Emily does it either. And I would sure love to see Spider again. And even Freida just to wind Norris up. On the other hand I can see Norris' anxiety. Emily is getting older and he may very well in his later years lose his home. A frightening prospect for someone with no family.

I am glad the baby went to Gary and Izzy as well, but yes tough for Tina. Thru the pregnancy and now that whole family seems to materialize out of thin air everytime she turns around. She is putting on a brave face.

So we can expect more shenanigans from David as he has Nick's house key and revenge on his mind. I'm not sure if he will take anything out on Kylie because he loves Max so much.

I imagine we have more on the stories of:
1) Dev and clearing Sunita, I don't think he has given up despite what he say.

2) Fay and Tim (yawn yawn yawn, rotten kid)

3) R'Tracey and Rob

4) Odious Karl and Stella and their pending wedding (gag)

5) please tell me that the Roy and the ghostly visits will be wound up asap.

I'm looking forward to the return of
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Todd and Liz

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
love love Roy's mom. wish i could remember all her lines. Fay is killing me, the disrespect and lies. i have a feeling Tim will not return many times Fay sensed he would tell her it is best she stays with her mom and Fay would change the subject.
Don't know what i wish for David just yet have to see how badly things become.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Jeez David is an evil little so and so!

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper, the watering down of the Booz. This time I want him to get caught and pay a price. Is Paul serving any purpose? The remark he made, I didn't get it or I didn't hear what was said.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am really hoping that after David has his revenge and stands amid the wreckage of everyone's life feeling the victor, everybody doesnt forgive and forget! I want to see him pay for actions.
Poor Hayley, I really dont like whats ahead for her.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The scenes with Hayley , I've seen up to yesterday brought tears to me eyes. Very touching scene at the end with Roy.

Sally and Tim, hmm.

Oh David you little devil. How will they ever know it was him unless he confesses. I wonder how far he is going to go.

Audrey, anyone else think she is broke?

Trini While playing darts with Steve one of his darts fell out making him lose. He said to Steve "be the white man" and let it stand. I had never heard this before and wasn't sure what it actually meant. I guess it was a slur in saying white is good? And be a good guy? Inferring black is bad. I don't really get it but it may be a racist slur used in the UK. I found this on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_the_white_man

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
That wiki post must be new because I googled it when it was said because I never heard the expression before and found nothing.

The Paul/Lloyd racist storyline needs to end. Paul should have just manned up and said he was sorry. He made the comment.

Loved the Roy and Hayley interaction this week. Not liking the Hayley storyline.

Tired of Tim and Fay.

I agree Audrey is broke. Didn't she give all her money to David and Kylie to buy Gail's house?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think she did Pippin. At least lent them quite a bit. That story seemed to fizzle out and I never realized it was a done deal until David reverted to his old self and told Gail to get out.

Yup I'm tired of Fay and Tim too. It's a silly storyline and we all know Tim will probably stay around now as Sally's new bf.

The racist storyline, yes Paul should have just apologized right there and then. Saying my dad and his friends always said it does not make it ok. He has now apologized, very grudgingly .

I liked the interaction of Peter and Deirdre. I enjoy those moments when characters who don't normally interact have scenes together.

Lots of them must be on holidays. Haven't seen Stella and her crew or Tina and tommy or even izzy and Gary for a week or so.

I am going to go to the corrie thing again. It's in September and it is Eileen and Paul.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper. .. though it would upset me more if some one attacked my religious beliefs than my skin colour

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
No one should attack either. I am a white female and no one can tell my religion or lack of. I have had brushes with prejudice though. I dated a black man for about 8 years and really felt the displeasure overtly from black women, both his family and I remember some women sucking their teeth at me on the subway. Now I have been married to an Israeli for 20 yrs. he is a blond blue eyed Jew. There was a conversation going on in the coffee shop one day that was taking on a decidedly racist turn and I mentioned my husband. I tell you the atmosphere around those couple of tables changed so suddenly you could feel it in the air. So I'm lucky in that aspect that I don't face those prejudices and racism. However I do think in the job market today I am facing some prejudice re my age weight and sex. But don't get me wrong I am not comparing it to anything else.