TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through August 10, 2013 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Secrets from New SHERLOCK Series! Benedict Cumberbatch on The Graham Norton Show - May 9th

No secrets revealed- I just used the YT title. Sigh... Benedict is quite dishy.
I wish we didn't have to wait so long for season 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbRX1-5l_0

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was watching Graham Norton last night and he had Russell Crowe on and he was quite funny. I actually enjoyed him.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 12:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
If Russell was on with Henry Cavill for 'Man of Steel' promo, I saw a brief clip, of that show, that came up for suggestion with the above clip. Russell was talking about meeting a young Henry early in his career. It was funny. I'll have to try and watch both full episodes (usually posted on YT or On Demand).

I get a kick out of Graham's show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, Henry and Amy Adams were on too.

I love Graham's show. It always makes me laugh.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And this week's show will have Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Chris O'Dowd and Josh Groban. That's going to be a good one!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'll have to watch it. That is a good group!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 27, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, did you catch the show? It was hilarious!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It was great! All of them had funny stories... even the red chair lady. I couldn't believe it when Chris O'Dowd drank the fly. Funny and gross at the same time.

Citruscitygal

08-07-2003

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Citruscitygal a private message Print Post    
Since becoming interested in the American Baking Competition, I learned that there is a Great British Bake-Off. Does anyone know where I can view, download or buy CDs of Great British Bake-Off - any and all seasons?
Thanks in advance!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
So sad that Inspector Lewis is over. I Hathaway.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Oh yes Jasper I loved the 2 of them together, they really did get to know each other and so glad Lewis hooked up with his lady friend. I guess I will sadly delete this quality show from my dvr....sad.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
On the British BBC (or maybe Channel 4; I'm not entirely sure), a new season of Restoration Home has started. In the first episode, a couple struggled to restore a Georgian mansion built in the mid-18th century to its former glory, only to discover that the real prize on their property might be the barn, which dates back to the 15th century.

If you haven't seen it, Restoration Home is like the best possible home reno show: people buy very old "listed" homes (which means they are protected as historical monuments) and restore them. The show also features an architectural historian and a regular historian who, throughout the episode, look into the property's history and what makes it significant.

And the show is good enough to have turned this Francophile into something of an Anglophile.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Luther with Idris Elba? The scene early on in the bedroom has to be one of the creepiest I have ever seen on TV. If my bed was on a frame I'd be looking under it tonight.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Being Human--Brit version--on Netflix. Great show!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Watch the full premiere episode of new critically-acclaimed drama series BROADCHURCH now before the BBC AMERICA premiere *** WEDNESDAY AUG 7 at 10/9c

I haven't watched this yet, but I love BBC shows and David Tennant! Here is the You Tube link for the full premiere episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDwKZbBoXM

Synopsis...

DOCTOR WHO's DAVID TENNANT, ARTHUR DARVILL & OLIVIA COLMAN (Twenty Twelve, The Iron Lady) lead an all-star ensemble cast that also includes JODIE WHITTAKER (One Day, Venus) and DAVID BRADLEY (Game of Thrones, An Adventure in Space and Time).

BBC America's BROADCHURCH, which earned critical acclaim, record ratings and became a Twitter phenomenon in the UK, centers on the investigation into the murder of a young boy in a British seaside town.

Leading the investigation are two detectives -- the strong yet compassionate local Detective Sergeant Ellie Miller (COLMAN), and the by-the-book Detective Inspector Alec Hardy (TENNANT), Ellie's newly appointed boss.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this show yet but will record it. The British do detective shows soooo well, right now I am watching Endeavor which is great, Foley's War is terrific, Midsomer murders is ok, etc etc. Oh and in essence Rosmary and Thyme is a show about detecting.}}

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I am watching Season Two of Copper and Broadchurch right now. I really need to watch the first season of Copper. I also want to watch Law and Order UK if I remember to put it on. It's fun to see the similarities and differences of the US and UK versions.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
I'm also enjoying Broadchurch. Like lot of you, I've always been a big fan of the British mysteries. Although I watched some of the really early ones (that looked like they were filmed in old style video, kind of like soap operas), I first got really hooked with the Inspector Morse ones that led to Inspector Lewis and Endeavor. There's so many of them I like but of the more current ones I also like DCI Banks, based on the Peter Robinson books, Luther, Sherlock and a Canadian show called Murdoch Mysteries.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Loved Broadchurch. Who is the killer?! I have no clue. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
I think we need more clues. So far, I'm reluctant to point the finger at anyone. I was reading somewhere that the main suspects are considered to be Danny's father, his mother, the priest, the news agent, Tommy and the two lead characters. My first impulse is to eliminate the two leads, but since it was a mini-series in Gr. Britain, anyone's fair game. Perhaps it will be renewed. If so, they'd be long shots. Anyway, I, too, am anxious to see how this plays out.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have heard that there will be another season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When does Graham Norton come back?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I like Restoration Home too, Tishala. I'm also hooked on Homes Under the Hammer and Location, Location, Location.

White Queens is excellent, but it took quite a few episodes for me to sort out all the Elizabeths, Henrys, and Georges! We studied that stuff in school, but I couldn't keep it straight then, either.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Graham's season is over so probably not until next year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There'll probably be another bout of Graham episodes towards the end of the year, he normally has two seasons a year. I think October.