TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through July 29, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure how this will work, but in this sub-thread, do not spoil the book plot, in terms of differences from the show plot.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, July 06, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sea, for making this thread! I am a fan of the show but haven't read the book and really don't want to know how the two compare! Now on to discuss!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm lost with two threads. I don't care about the book but can someone insert here all those posts that do not refer to the book that are now in the other thread.

Again, I can see a lot of potential for twists and sub-plots in this series but if they insist on the same point, that being cut off and horror, well.... they should start revealing a bit the reason for the dome...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd like that too, have the other thread for special discussions and have the rest of the chat moved here so it can continue here. Otherwise I'm not sure where to chat.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
okay the first thing among the "potential" I mentioned in previous posts (the other thread) is already becoming obsolete, the meningitis was kept under control, however, that small pharmacy may soon run out of what a hospital needs in case of a crisis like that one, and if nobody can escape the dome the situation can deteriorate very fast with more people needing help and not getting it, people should start dying and maybe we understand the purpose of the dome, kill off the town and use the area for God knows what purpose.
Interesting thing the kid did filming their seizures, now they know the dome is trying to talk through them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The woman was right about the insulin though, even though the meningitis outbreak is (presumably) over there are people who need ongoing medicine and it's going to run out very quickly for some.

I don't think Junior's dad is going to be very helpful to the girl, I think he's as crazy as the now deputised son! The dome feels very alien, yet with the stuff going on with Jr's dad and the vicar guy they must have known it, or at least something, was going to happen.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Junior's dad looked shocked at first but I agree he was also thinking "How can I prevent this girl from telling everyone..." and I felt sorry for the girl. But, if he really helps her then we know he's not the criminal in this show, that role is left to his son, definitely. I'd like to see the man help the girl out asking for her silence but since it's a horror show, it could end really bad for the girl.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It certainly isn't looking very good for her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've been trying to watch this show and I guess I'm getting lost at times, losing interest and walking away to do stuff. I'm not sure why Barbie-guy buried red heads dead husband? Didn't the dome kill him? Why hide the body? I'm confused.

I'm glad the girl was found -- not sure how much more I can take of that. If they don't let her go I may have to tune out. Just brings up thoughts of those 3 gals in was it Ohio? the ones in captivity for all those years. Too creepy.

The idea of meds running out, fuel running out, etc. Where will they get water from? All of it is too scary to think of. At least with a show like Revolution you can try to live off the land, but without water, how will they do that? Do they have enough wells they can use? Without rain, how would crops grow?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm not sure why Barbie-guy buried red heads dead husband? Didn't the dome kill him?"

Barbie killed red-head's husband. It was about owed money and Barbie was the guy who was supposed to pick up the payment but the husband pulled a gun on Barbie but Barbie killed him with it and buried him in the woods shortly before the dome appeared.

"Do they have enough wells they can use? Without rain, how would crops grow?"

Awhile back I read (in TV Guide, I think) that the dome is large enough that it can sustain it's own weather and rain and I think there are over a thousand (I forgot the actual number) people trapped under it.

Besides, that, the dome is semi-permeable....water can seep through it . We saw the soldiers getting the outside of the dome wet and that young boy who has the seizures touched the inside of the dome and his hand came away wet from the water that seeped through.

I've been looking at it like a bio-dome - a sustainable eco system - but they have to learn how to manage their resources and work together to make it last.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good recap, Sanfran!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks San Fran! I'll need to pay better attention. :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
That song in last night's show!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I liked the 'last' song selection as well. And it was funny to see the two radio people tell each other "I hate you" "I hate you too" and smile.

I keep seeing people drinking milk so is there a dairy farm still functioning within the dome?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
There was that cow that was cut in two while there were others who managed to stay whole.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
Wondering if Stephen King will make a "cameo" like he has done in the past.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Someone on Facebook said they should've played "You Dropped a Bomb on Me" by The Gap Band. lol.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
"You Dropped a Bomb on Me"

Even better!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just read it's been renewed for season two.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And they're sticking to it being a summer show. Sometimes when the early summer premieres do well they try and put them in the normal schedule and then they have to compete with all the other shows. I like it kept for summer.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
This show is good summer viewing. I don't think I'd watch during the "normal" viewing season as there is so much else to watch. Given a choice between Revolution and Under the Dome, I'd choose Revolution. That said, I'd try to at least catch Under the Dome online if it ran during the year when I had other things to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure I would enjoy this show, but I like how it's different than the book. NOT A SPOILER: The book and the characters were super-intense. A lot of the characters were oppressively evil in the book. I like how the TV show is a little more balanced. Don't think I could have watched if it was more faithful to the book.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Some of the scenes are vintage Stephen King though - the deserted town at the end of this week's episode reminded me so much of some of the scenes in The Stand (which I find really cool).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... I was kind of just hoping for a mini-series with an ending. Not sure I like this show enough to invest another summer in it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's not like there's a whole lot of other stuff on, Brenda. I'm glad the networks are finally realizing that people still watch TV in the summertime. Thank goodness for the cable networks. They have new stuff all the time!