TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through June 21, 2013 users admin

Stitchmaker

05-12-2011

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stitchmaker a private message Print Post    
Canada viewers All My Children and One Life to Live are on FX CANADA. We can finally watch it since we don't get Hulu.
It airs at 9 am and repeats at 2pm PST. OLTL follows. It than repeats all 5 shows on Sunday morning. Check FX Canada webpage for different time Zone. Wish Project Park shared that information to Canada viewers.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was lucky enough to see this on Facebook and lucky enough to already be getting FX, so I have been watching since it started last Monday!!
The show is just as exciting as it was on ABC--even more so for some of the s/l. Love seeing Zak and David. Wish for more Brooke and Adam.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
So what does everyone think of them cutting the show in half? They announced they were only going to show two shows a week instead of the 4. They said that they were going to alternate oltl and amc and Friday would still be the behind the scenes like it already is.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I feel terrible, after all they did to bring it back, and I haven't watched since the first week. Shame on me.

I haven't found a regular time to watch, so I've been forgetting about it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I think it sucks they are cutting it to twice a week. But I will still watch. It's probably a money situation.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Vickie, did you see the announcement that AMC and OLTL will be cut in half on Hulu.com? I didn't see it.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Here is a snippet from the memo about the AMC/OLTL cut back. Full memo at link below.

"...we have chosen to revise our scheduling model beginning this Monday, May 20th by introducing two new episodes from OLTL and AMC each week- new episodes of AMC will now run on Mondays and Wednesdays, and fresh episodes of OLTL will post Tuesdays and Thursdays. MORE, our behind the scenes series, will run as a single show on Fridays. This allows us to introduce a new episode of quality television every Monday through Friday and gives the audience a chance to catch up as we continue to build awareness and excitement around these new shows. Because Hulu agrees with our findings, for the meantime they will keep all of our episodes on Hulu.com for free to give viewers the opportunity to find us and catch up.

We know our most dedicated viewers will be upset as they would probably prefer more shows to less (we personally wish there were more episodes of our favorite shows; we would love 50 episodes a year of Homeland, Mad Men or The Simpsons). We apologize to these viewers and ask them to please understand we are trying to ensure our shows succeed and not meet the fate they experienced previously. We need to devise a model that works for all viewers and follows how they want, and are actually watching, online. When it comes to online, as with all new technology, it’s adapt or fail. We feel fortunate to be an online company and to have such an opportunity to adapt. Of course, we will continue to evaluate all the data that comes in and will be vigilant about revising our strategy as needed."

http://theonlinenetwork.com/press/TOLN_New%20Show%20Schedule_5.16.13.pdf

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Longbeachbbfan no it was in tvguide.com where I had read it. I knew something was up when the episodes I hadn't seen yet had no expiration date on hulu. Thanks for your link and story sorry I didn't put the link to what I had read.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I am also one who has not taken the time to watch. I saw the first couple episodes and that's it. I think for me, it's more time consuming to have to get it on the computer. I work from home and the TV is background noise. To have to sit in front of the computer takes more focus and I just don't always have time for that, unfortunately.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad you said that... I feel like such a complainer, but that's my problem too... being limited to computer only viewing has been a hinderance for me.

I don't want this effort to fail, though. I want to support AMC (Prospect Park), so I'm just going to have to watch on my computer...maybe w/ my morning cup of coffee. I mean, it's only 30 minutes.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I have done that with a few episodes, watched while eating lunch. Honesty, I've not been impressed so far. And, I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining. I've only seen maybe 3 episodes. It just has not drawn me in. On the other hand, I think OLTL is more appealing to me. I won't give up, but I also don't have the open time to sit and watch a show on my computer. I will get an HDMI cord (I think that's what it is) to hook my computer to the TV, but haven't done it yet.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 20, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to watch till my computer gets repaired. It's at the shop now. One downside to it only being online.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, May 20, 2013 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with only 2 shows a week. Don't understand the logic. I don't watch OLTL. Because of this, FX is canceling the show so now the Canadians are screwed.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Things are getting so good on the show too. I dont want to see it cancelled again!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Dimitri is returning.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh my... Poor Cassandra.

I've caught up on the first 3 weeks, now. I just need to watch the 2 from last week, and I'll be current. I thought it was a little slow going week 2, but the storylines really began picking up momentum in week 3... good stuff!

Oh, and I recognized another face from the old, old days!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just got my computer back from being repaired, and the first thing I did was watch all four episodes I missed. I'm enjoying having the show back. So good!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Susan Lucci fans, rejoice! The Scarsdale native’s new series “Devious Maids” will premiere at 10 p.m. June 23 on Lifetime.

“Devious Maids” marks Lucci’s return to a dramatic series since the cancellation of “All My Children,” on which she played the she iconic character Erica Kane for 41 years. After the soap was axed by ABC in 2011, Lucci signed on for the Lifetime series, which was created by “Desperate Housewives” showrunner Marc Cherry.

The primetime soap centers on five women who rely on one another for friendship and support while working as maids for the Beverly Hills elite. Lucci plays Genevieve Delatour, one of the maids’ employers, who is described as a “co-depenedent, emotionally unstable wealthy woman.”

While Lucci has a new TV gig, she has said she still hopes to return to “All My Children,” which was revived as an online series.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I did a double take when David mentioned he and Petey are step brothers. Had to think about that one. Yeah, Palmer and Vanessa were married. So that's where that came from.

I think they have taken Colby backwards. The previous incarnations had grown up more than this.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Colby, the overacting actress and the character.

Dimitri was back today and he looks old with no hair.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but it was still good to see him.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Didn't know where else to post this:

As Vincent Irizarry (David Hayward, AMC) will be one of the Emmy award presenters, alongside Lindsay Hartley (Cara Castillo, AMC), you won't want to miss the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards this coming SUNDAY, JUNE 16 at 8:00 pm (ET), telecasting live via HLN! Tune in early to also catch Showbiz Tonight's live Red Carpet pre-show at 7:30 pm (ET). Click the link below for the HNL Emmy info site to view show info, video clips, & actor reel submissions!

http://www.hlntv.com/clusters/daytime-emmys

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was glad to see Cassandra come home. Don't see what Yuri can still be blackmailing Jesse with now. Guess I'll find out. I do not like this new Colby.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well, there you go Heckagirl... that's what Yuri's holding over Jesse now... seems like they read your question. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I listened to part of an online radio show about AMC last night and the contract disputes have been resolved! Great news! Production resumes August 12! Doing the happy dance!