TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through July 26, 2013 users admin

Kaili

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
My cousin didn't get the appeal at first either but she stuck with it and probably had 5 seasons done in a month.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Please stick with it! I can almost guarantee you will end up really liking it -- or -- similar to us hard-core fans, totally loving it. Aaron Paul is simply amazing as Jesse. He really makes you wish he was in every scene. His mishaps with the bathtub and the porta-potty are beyond-classic comic moments. It's the serious stuff, though, where he shines most brightly. And don't get me started on the seasons that featured Giancarlo Esposito. You must treat yourself to those -- utterly compelling and mesmerizing. Along with "The Shield," this is my all-time favorite crime drama. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with misunderstood (but loveable) bald bad guys like Walter White and Vic Mackey!

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I have the same obsession, Uncle_ricky, but would throw in Tony Soprano too :-)

I missed The Shield when it was running, but caught it all on dvd later and absolutely loved it. I've been addicted to Breaking Bad since the first ep of the first season.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I came thisclose to including Tony Soprano, too, Holly, but since he's technically not shinola-bald like Walter and Vic, that's the only reason I excluded him. But all three really are quite similar: hysterically funny, ruthless, devoted to their wives and children, vicious, emotionally vulnerable, and prone to acts of extreme violence. I love the tightwire-walking they're forced to do while engaged in the cat-and-mouse games they have to play with their adversaries: Walter with the DEA, Vic with the internal affairs department and Tony with the FBI.

Once Walter joins Vic and Tony in "retirement," the bad-guy-you-love-to-love landscape will be pretty bleak (Dexter is on his way out, too!). Oh well, it was (tons of) fun while it lasted.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I actually feel like something is wrong with me! LOL I have watched 3 eps and still couldn't care less about any of these characters. It is just too depressing.

Thanks for all your input. I will just count the days for Dexter and Homeland :-)

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but Uncle_ricky, Walter didn't start off being bald, it was the chemo that did it, and Tony only had a few whisps here and there that don't really count ;)

Pamy, it's funny, but I just could never get into Dexter. It did nothing for me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and its one of my favs, I probably have seen all eps 2-3 times! go figure!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It might also be one's mood and simple timing.

A few years ago I begged one of my oldest/dearest friends to watch "Dexter" and assured him how much he'd love it. He tried one eppy and reported back, "oh, that was too violent and bloody for me." I was disappointed, but I understood.

Then, last year, I was visiting him in Boston and he brought up shows he was currently watching. He then launched into a ravefest about "Dexter" (!!!). I said, "Hey! Whathappened to 'too violent and bloody'?!?". He explained, "I think I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to watch a show like that back then. But now I am and I love 'Dexter'". So...maybe one day, when they least expect it, Pamy will give BB another chance and Holly'll do the same for the diabolical Mr. D.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was like that with Seinfeld. Didnt start until season 3 and became a die hard fan.

I have watched these 3 eps at different times, It took me 3 times to get thru ep1! LOL like I said I wanted to like it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The thing about this series is that the characters you start off with in episode 1 evolve and change over the course of the series.

I saw an interview with Bryan Cranston and he said the script made him want to do this role because he'd never seen a series with a character like Walter White who started out as one kind of person but gradually morphs into something entirely different by the end.

Btw, Pamy, do you remember Tim Whatley on Seinfeld? I think he was a dentist. He was the character who upset Elaine because he "re-gifted" a gift she had given him previously....and he was played by Bryan Cranston.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I do! and didnt realize it was him until you just told me!! oh how I long for that show!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved Tim Whatley! The Tim Whatley character also upset Jerry as he felt Tim wanted convert to Judaism "for the jokes". Kramer then went on a rant towards Jerry saying he was an "anti-dentite". This behind the scenes clip shows the funny bits (love Jerry in the confessional) and a brief interview with Bryan Cranston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=sLBZzK7_1pQ&NR=1

I miss this show! I'm also ready for Breaking Bad to start as well! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it, Pamy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This got a chuckle out of me...

'Breaking Bad' Action Figures: Sculptor Trevor Grove Gives Walter White Figurines To Vince Gilligan (PHOTOS)

walterwhite

breakingbadactionfigure

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/28/trevor-grove-sculptor-breaking-bad-figurines-vince-gilligan-walter-white-action-figure_n_1924351.html

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad. Wowza! Poor Jesse, having to go shoot that guy. Gosh, how are Walter and Jesse ever going to survive this.

I just read that season 5 is the last and the second half of season 5 is in August. Guess I need to get caught up so I can watch as it airs. Season 4 is on Netflix. Will have to find the first 8 eps of Season 5. Will have to see if AMC airs it prior to August.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Gosh, how are Walter and Jesse ever going to survive this.

LOL!! I cannot tell you how many episodes I've said this exact thing!

I'll be so sad when this series ends. There's been nothing like it on TV that has entertained, yet horrified me so many times!

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I just finished doing a rewatch marathon of Season 4. Now I'll have to find first half of season 5. I do hope AMC reschedules it before August 11th.

Rewatching Season 4 reminded me of just how abominable Walter White has become, morphing from the meek, mousy-man he was in Season 1 to the egotistical monster he has become. It also reminded me of the mad love I have for Jesse Pinkman. He really plucks at your heartstrings, that boy does!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jesse is character that you really want to root for, want to see do well. That's hard to do with that kind of character.

AMC says, on it's web site, that it is running all 4 season, plus season 5 in prep for the big finale. They air late on Friday night. Looking at the schedule I'm not really seeing that they are showing eps in order, so I'm skeptical, but I'll keep my eye on the channel each week to see what airs.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Maybe you can alert us here, Brenda, if you see something coming up?

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I thought I saw last night that they were airing back to back episodes tonight (not sure what channel). Maybe have your DVR set up a time so you can see when all they run. At least I can do that on DishTV.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The Wiki listing of each season's episodes is reliable. Record everything you can and then just make sure you watch them in the order that they originally aired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Breaking_Bad_episodes

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sundance channel also airs a repeated ep each week -- looks like the are winding up season 3. AMC is airing the pilot this Friday -- there's no way they'll get through 4 seasons by august!
I notice that On Demand has season 5 eps 1,2,3,4,6,7 -- not ep 5 or 8?!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Bryan Cranston comments on the final season:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/blog--bryan-cranston-talks-breaking-bad-ending

I can't even imagine the show without Jesse (Aaron Paul) - how wise they were to keep him for every episode!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just started watching Season 4 and the thing that struck me right away was that Skylar looks pregnant! After watching her with her fake-TV baby bump for what seemed like forever, she now looks like she's real-life pregnant to me (or like she just had a baby). According to IMDB, it doesn't look like she was so maybe she just put on a few pounds?!

My DVR is set to record repeats and right now about a half dozen shows are in the schedule, but all season 1 or 2. I'm waiting for season 5!

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, July 26, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
How cool is Aaron Paul? Came all the way out of his house to meet some Irish tourists who somehow found out where he lived and looked him up. The kid has heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ovdlNqvog

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, July 26, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I think you'd have a really hard time finding anyone in show business behaving any sweeter than that. Adorable is too mild a term to describe him!