TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Devious Maids: Archive through July 15, 2013 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Definitely see Marc Cherry's influence. Love Ana Ortiz! She did great! Love Susan Lucci, too, of course.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, goody, I have this taping later.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, Marc Cherry played to his strengths and didn't disappoint...not even a tiny bit. This sHow is a hoot!

It's very much the same type of show as all those series I have been missing lately - Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, and GCB....high drama, plenty of humor and over-the-top, exagerrated characters. (In fact, it's a lot more similar to DH than I ever expected. The murdered maid and the note she left immediately reminded me of the first episode of DH when the late Mary Alice committed suicide and left a note for the other wives to find.)

I even enjoyed the music....the guitar adds a little more latin flavor, although it, too, is reminiscent of DH. I wish the season had more than 13 episodes....but it's so much fun, I'll just have to get over it and enjoy what I get.

I highly recommend Devious Maids to anyone who was a Desperate Housewives fan. It fills the hole that DH's departure left on Sunday night. I'll be tuning in for sure.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I loved when the maid told the actress that the baby had called her mama, hahahahaha. So good.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
"Come over tomorrow morning, bring your own supplies. I have 9 bathrooms. We'll have fun!" LMAO!!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I thoroughly enjoyed this show. I was a Desperate Housewives fan - never missed an episode. I agree that this seems like it is going to fill that void very nicely. In fact, I can't wait for the next episode.

Besides Susan Lucci, I recognized 2 other ex-soap opera actors (one from Days of Our Lives and one from General Hospital).

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I am getting the feeling that the new maid is there just to find the real killer.. I think that she is related to the guy in jail.
But, it looks like its going to be fun for the summer!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did you miss the last scene Muffin? The maid was visiting the guy in jail and I think I heard him refer to her as "Mom".

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Glad to see that folks are enjoying this show! The previews look like a lot of fun, and I need something to watch after Food Network Star -

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Glad you bumped this back up. I forgot it was coming on tonight. I set the dvr. Thanks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I caught it today and he did call her mom.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think my DVR cut off before that last scene. Interesting. Can't wait to see it tonight.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Still enjoying the show a lot. Who knew Susan Lucci's character would be this sympathetic to the maid?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Last night was my first time to watch - 9:00 is a bit late for me! - but I reallly enjoyed the show. I am a huge mystery buff, so that part of the story line intrigued me -

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I have a love/hate relationship with Susan Lucci. She chooses good parts to play, but she really isn't a fantastic actress. Her scene at the breakfast table with the boys was completely overacted. But, I love the character so I have to like her in it I guess.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, July 01, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
my new favorite show

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I think my pvr cut out the last scene. I'm going to fix the pvr to go a little longer. I was talking to a friend about and she told me about the scene. I do like the show though.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I have to do the same thing Muffin. It runs over just about a minute, so does Drop Dead Diva. But at least with DDD, I'm recording the next show (Devious Maids) so it doesn't matter.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Can you fill me in on the last scene?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The last part was Genevieve was sleeping and Zoila was there. She answered the phone and it was Genevieve's brother that Zoila had been in love with years ago. She implied to him that his sister needed him, and told him to come see her.

Carmen was practicing speaking better by imitating the weatherman. Sam came in and told her she didn't have to put up with the record guy, and she said she did, and then he said she wasn't who she thought she was and left. And she looked like she was getting teary-eyed.

Marisol asked Taylor about what happened with the prostitutes at the Powell's. She told her that Mr. Powell hires them for his friends, but they don't know that they are prostitutes. He gets them drunk, and watches them have sex with the prostitutes. They didn't say so, but makes me think he might blackmail his "friends".

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh my, I am going to have to catch this episode at the library!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Heckagirl. I actually did catch that part, but there was a short scene after the commercials where my DVR cut off. Did anyone get that last minute?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No, that was it, other than previews for the next show. I saw it all and still have it on the dvr.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Powell's reason for watching his 'friends' with prostitutes does seem related to blackmail! I hope Marisol can expose the killer, too.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Any suggestions where I can watch this - free - online?