TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 11, 2013 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Confirmed, the Jeanne Cooper tribute show will air on May 28th.

Tweety

04-14-2003

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tweety a private message Print Post    
Here is some more info about the May 28th show
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Young-Restless-Jeanne-Cooper-1065591.aspx

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That article is great; explains how they are going to do the tribute and then figure out how to handle her death on the show, what to do with the chancellor mansion, and how the final scene she did with Jill seemed so final.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Tweety, for the article. It was great. I'm glad they are doing the whole hour on her. She deserves it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 17, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
No big surprise that Jack is going to be Summer's real daddy. I always thought he was.

And is Carmine going to be offed? It sure seems to be leading that way. I was rooting for Michael to slug him today.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
For anyone who wonders and hasn't heard yet, Corbin Bernsen has announced that the cause of Jeanne Cooper's death was primarily advanced COPD.

Mamie, I was thinking how often we see the men (and occasionally women) on this show slugging someone, so I'm surprised whenever someone holds back. I haven't paid much attention to the Carmine/Lauren story because I am so disgusted with it and tired of Michael/Lauren/Fen storming in and out of that door. lol

Has there ever been a baby born on this show who was not the subject of at least one DNA test? Seriously. It seems to be a natural part of newborn care on Y&R.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I am looking for to the Mrs C show. Will have lots of Kleenex handy cause I am such a wimp lol!

I don't like the Lauren/Fen/Michael story, I hate that Billy is gambling again, I don't like that Chelsea is hiding the paternity from Adam. Why am I watching.....oh yeah I love this show. Just want to fire the writers!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching now. My tears started as soon as the show did, with Jess Walton looking up those stairs. Her opening was followed by Corbin and his siblings, and now I can barely see the tv through the tears. This is a lovely tribute. Be sure to watch as they go in and out of commercial breaks.

The Price is Right was a rerun today. Jeanne Cooper visited the set that day with four of the Y&R guys. I don't know if they planned the rerun to coincide with today's tribute or if it was a big coincidence.

Sportsfan, I feel the same way about the show. lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
OMG...I am still in tears. What a loving, lovely tribute to her life. We can only hope to be remembered as she is.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
I am also in tears. I'm so glad that they did this. She was Y&R and it will be a huge gap to try and fill. They all seemed very moved and respectful of her. I was glad to see "Brock" there, also. It was so nice for the fans to see how her fellow actors felt about her. "God Speed, Mrs. C, you are loved"

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it now and like you all, am watching it with tears.
I started watching the show when I was a teen so almost at the beginning. I haven't watched the last few years when they changed the time slot here, but watching her brings back so many fond memories. I just love they way they are remembering her.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show in many years, but was home and caught Jeanne's final show. Knowing she was so ill the final scene with Mrs. C. going up the stairs was very moving.
Meant to set the dvr for the tribute show today, but of course, I forgot. Just checked the Soap channel though, and it airs 2 more times tonight, at 7 and 10 PM (eastern).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone for reminding me! My friend phoned to tell me yesterday and I still forgot. Watching it now thanks to you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bold and the Beautiful did a little tribute to her at the end of their show today as well.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
The tribute show was very well done. Of course I lost it at the end when they showed her and Jess Walton's last scene at the stairs and then added in Jess saying her final goodbye.

I could not delete the tribute off my PVR.

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the tribute! I so remember watching this show starting while in high school and loved the character she played. When she was on I seldom fast forward just so I could watch her, often with a smile on my face. She will be missed.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read her book not too long ago and I loved how she wrote about her co-stars, especially the chapter on goosing the men in the cast. Hilarious!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had set my DVR to tape this, but it didn't. I'm so sad. IS there anywhere to watch it online?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Looks like CBS has it on their website. I'm going to try to watch...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That was really nice. I haven't watched Y&R for years and years so it was nice to see some of the old favorites and how well some of them have aged! (Paul comes to mind.) I really loved the show when the original Jack Abbot was on (Terry Lester). Kate Chancelor was such a great soap character and Jeanne's book was a delightful read.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Tuesdays show was fabulous. I remember that scene when she went up the stairs and how I thought at the time that she was looking frail. They did a great job!

Now I am interested in seeing how they can work the storyline to work in her death, and I hope the keep the mansion, LOL, don't Jill and the maid own portions along with Kathryn.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I forgot, I really want to know if Summer is Jack's child, that would throw a real wrench in Summer's love life, LOL.

And I do wish they would put Chelsea back with Adam and stop messing around with Jason (LOL, I know he is Dillon, but I can't help it)and give him a good girlfriend.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Come on already, tell us Summer is Jacks' kid. It is getting old.

Either that or have her and Kyle sleep together and then be appalled to find out they are brother and sister, LOL.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I always thought that Summer was Jack's, way back when it all first went down.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
So did I Mame. I can't believe it took them this long to come out.

I heard the actress who plays Phylis is leaving when her contract is up :-(