TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 29, 2013 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Sounds great, Lawrie.

On another note, Andrew Lancel/Frank Foster has been acquitted of sexual abuse. Good grief, that's three Corrie stars who've been accused.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
The moderator was Claire Martin. A British meteorologist who did weather in Edmonton for a number of years and now lives in Toronto and works for CBC. She was excellent because she grew up watching Corrie with her family and was able to get in a few digs about Calgary where they were the day before. In other words, she knows about the major rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary.

They were asked if they had always wanted to be actors. David left school at 15 and was a pipefitter for six years before deciding to go to drama school. Julie wanted to be a social worker but was always involved in the theatre in school. Her older brother told her to go to drama school because she could always do social work later. She had some prestigious roles but her Dad didn't accept her as a real actor until she got the role on Corrie. She is proud that she was able to bring attention to transgender issues.

Julie didn't know that she was originally hired as a temporary. Roy was supposed to have a series of bad love affairs. When Harold/Hailey went to Amsterdam, that was supposed to be the end of her. But there were enough complaints about her leaving that they changed the script and had Roy go to Amsterdam to bring her back.

Julie is leaving Corrie with hopes of doing some roles that will make more of a difference - like when she brought attention to transgender issues. Back to her original social work plans, just in a different way.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
What up with all the charges against Corrie actors? Frank was creepy but I'm sure Andrew is a fine person and it's good that he was acquitted. Sad that he will probably have a stigma on him because of the accusation.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Well, Kevins trial is in September so he's gone until November at least, if he's found NG.

The writers had to scramble to re-write after Kevin and Ken.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
On the show this week, we see Sally looking on dating sites for a new man in her life! Did we hear where Kevin is supposed to be? If so, I missed it.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I missed where Kevin is as well and have been wondering.

I also noticed last night that my PVR hasn't recorded any episodes this week. Have they been playing them? Maybe it will record them on Sunday.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I think Kevin was mentioned as being in Germany taking care of Bill who had a heart attack.

Corrie is still on during the week, but the hockey games have messed up the schedule.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Csnog. It definitely hasn't been showing on my CBC this week. I have checked the schedules and the PVR should have picked it up regardless of the schedule. They are scheduled for Sunday so I am hoping the PVR will catch them then. Otherwise I'll have to watch on the computer. Hate that!

Kevin going to Germany to look out for Bill works for a storyline.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Ok thanks for the info on Kevin. I must not have been paying attention!!

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
So how is Carl going to react to Dev announcing the Detective will open the case on Rover's fire. Will he run away on some lame excuse, kill Dev or set him up?
How soon is Ryan going to get fed up with playing daddy. What is Rob going to do? Is Tracy going to encourage Rob to lie and steal some more?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think Carl will have a total breakdown.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Gawd he's a scumbag! Trying to get Lloyd and Steve to think Dev is crackers. He will stoop to anything! I hope his downfall is public and humiliating. Stella will be crushed and I'm hoping will move away with the fallout taking her mother and daughter with her. Then
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Liz who is coming back
will once again be the landlady with a power team of Tina, Anna and Sean.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper i am with you. Trouble with folks on the street they believe rumours instead of brotherhood.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Some one mentioned this once their PVR did not record CS, what is up with that! mine did that today, I noticed the red light was not on yet the PVR was (did I forget to turn it off last night) it switched to the channel but did not tape; I had to manually start it I only got 71mins. :-(

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Trini: My PVR didn't record two weeks ago during the week. It did record the omnibus on Sunday. I'm pretty sure they didn't broadcast Corrie during that week in my area. So last night and this morning I watched two weeks worth! Still have a bit left for tonight.

I'm all for Carl's public humiliation. I hope that Stella doesn't get badly hurt though. Not a huge fan of hers but she's been through a lot recently and doesn't need any more grief. I am waiting to see Gloria's reaction when the truth comes out. She deserves whatever comes. (is that too mean?)

I hope that Izzy and Gary are able to get it together and are able to get Jake back from Tina.

Sally's online dating adventures are making me laugh.

And then there's the whole Rob and Tracy things. I almost felt sorry for Carla for a couple of minutes!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My PVR wasn't picking up the Sunday omnibus week after week. I now record it every evening.

No not to mean about Gloria, she is very pompous and annoying when it comes to defending Karl and bashing Sunita and Dev.

I just knew Tina would have a change of heart. Do you think somewhere down the line they will have to do some dna test and will find out it is actually Tina and Tommy's baby?

And I see that the old crapola is going to hit the fan for David soon and he is going to revert back to his evil little ways.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
My PVR usually just picks up the episodes in the evening and not the omnibus. I have it set to "new episodes only" so I guess it doesn't usually see Sunday as "new". I still usually watch it early Sunday morning but before the omnibus starts.

There probably will be a DNA test and maybe he will turn out to be Tina & Tommy's. I'm not sure why but I am rooting for him to be Izzy and Gary's and that they will get together and be able to raise him.

After my last post, I watched the part about Dev's candle experiment and Karl trying to convince that Dev is crazy. I quite enjoyed watching Detective Dev in action!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I always set my PVR for a manual time frame each Sunday morning. Rogers new PVR is crap imo compared to the original one. I have one of each and barely use the Nextbox 2.0 it is such a pita.

Yup I hope Dev prevails and soon. Some people are starting to come round to his way of thinking. Karl better not try offing him. I think Dev is on to him. Just the way he interacted with him tonight was telling.

I too would like to see the baby end up with Izzie and Gary. And that they stay together. Izzie needs to take in to account his PTSD and how seeing his army buddies may have made his thinking even fuzzier than the booze when he made the pass at Tina. Tina may still come to her senses regarding baby Jake. Hormones, his medical condition, all the stress from the family etc, she may not be thinking to clearly.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think the baby belongs with Izzy and Gary, too. This story line underscores the need for a lawyer to draw up a contract between the parties concerned before doing anything. The surrogate mother should have a psych eval, too.

If Tina hasn't gotten over her abortion, between that and the hormone upheaval and stress of the premature birth and fear the baby might die, it's no wonder she's considering the terrible, wrong, decision to keep the baby.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg! I have to watch my 71mins tonight. To think the baby could be Tommy and Tina's? Thanks for all the confirmation that the cable provider could be messing the timing up.('cause it is only with CS I have this problem)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch last night? That Carl! The actor is doing a bang up job.

David is scratching his head. I can see his horns starting to show.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Sounds interesting Jasper. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see it.

I have been thinking lately that David has been acting out of character. It makes sense that his horns are starting to show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I read that Gary and Owen will be doing a tour of the east coast.

Lawrie why won't you be able to watch for a couple of weeks? Going on a nice holiday I hope!

Yup I think Carl is almost at his breaking point. and David is getting uber suspicious about Kylie. He caught her in a lie last night, very white lie about a surprise for him but his wheels are spinning now.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Friday, June 28, 2013 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
David just learned the truth. Let the fireworks begin!!!

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
(Jasper; Leaving early Sunday for a visit to my Dad in Ontario. Back late Saturday and plan to have a lazy Sunday morning with two weeks of Corrie!)

I look forward to seeing how they handle the David/Kylie/Nick storyline.