TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mad Men: Archive through June 10, 2013 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, May 20, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
re: Pete's mom - the episode recap is wrong,

I just rewatched the episode &

Beth4freedom - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 9:36 pm

got it right - the brother didn't drop her off

Dahli

11-27-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Don's heart is broken, i loved how the hippy dippy chick first says there's nothing there and then it's broken - his expression was priceless how did she know that!??

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I just got a chance to watch last week's episode. What was in that injection? They all took it without questioning what was in it, except for Don, who took it anyway. Was Wendy real? She just seemed to pop around the office and her name reminds me of Peter Pan and the Lost Boys.
Funny how many of the women in Don's life remind him of the women from the brothel.
I see Betty is back to being blonde and thin.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
With tomorrow a holiday I was able to stay up to watch tonight's episode instead of watching on dvr later in the week.
Best episode of the season! Saw shades of who these characters have always been.
Loved seeing Don and Betty get back together, even if only for one night. I'm one of the rare few who doesn't hate the Betty character and to see her read Don like a book was great.
Peggy's relationship ending opens up possibilities for some very interesting storylines.
The Roger/Joan/Bob Benson triangle and Pete groveling to Joan was so entertaining.
Can't wait to see what will happen to Megan's career after she rebuffed the lesbian advances of the woman from the swinging couple she works with/for (sorry, her name escapes me). Will an unsuccessful, needy Megan be more appealing to Don?

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, May 26, 2013 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
CJ - it was amphetamine with B vitamins

Wendy was the daughter of the partner who died. Harry Hamlin's character brought her to the office.

SM - Don is over Megan. The newness wore off.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks Will for that info! Last night's show made almost everyone look back to normal. Except for Peggy stabbing her boyfriend!
Looks like Joan is in deep with that odd guy from the office. Pete is still worried about losing his place at the agency and went to Duck of all people for advice!
I wasnt surprised to see Don and Betty back for night. It seems that every man is hot for Betty this episode! And one woman went after Megan!

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Glad to see Betty hot again, lol. She just didn't suit frumpy!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
WHOA!!! Look at this theory:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/05/the-megan-draper-as-sharon-tate-theory-is-the-greatest-mad-men-theory-ever/

What do you guys think of this? Don't know if it is true, but that shirt with the star on it could mean something. Weiner doesn't usually do things like this unless they have some meaning.

Would love to get everyone's opinions!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
If it isn't Dr. Rosen who knocks Megan off, I bet it'll be that creepy colleague of hers from the soap. Or the creepy colleague's husband -- in a jealous rage -- might be the one who bumps her off.

That whole period when the Manson gang was on the loose in '69 was a very scary period here in Southern California until they finally got caught. VERY scary!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Very interesting Rosem4243!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was very busy! Roger and Don leave for California and the Harry Hamelin character is immediately trying to get Ted to fire those he doesnt like! Peggy and Joan try their hand at bringing in new business and Peggy is so crafty at trying to get Joan out of trouble.
I was so shocked that Don almost drowned in that pool! Just like the very first show of the season hinted at, Don almost dies, but did he do it on purpose? Like it was hinted at from the ad with the clothes lying at the water's edge, did Don just quietly go into the pool to die? We didnt see how it happened or how Roger was the only one to notice and pull him out!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Cablej....I don't know how he came to be in the pool either. He was stoned on whatever he smoked. Seeing Megan..we know she wasn't there so I am wondering about all that too!!

Pete smoking pot at the end made me laugh. He's been so neurotic, maybe it will help him calm down!!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Pete has had a very stressful time of it lately! And with the world changing, he can feel that his type of man no longer has any relevancy. Maybe he will go all hippy and we will see him sporting long hair and love beads--lol. At least for one episode I would like to see him flee the tight little world he has built for himself.
Also seeing those tv shots of the cops and demonstrators fighting on live tv so violently, reminded me of how bad things kept happening that year. I was in my teens and paid little attention to the tv reports and newspaper stories. Seeing it again really brought home how ugly things were.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, your saying "cops and demonstrators fighting on live tv" reminded me that the commentator (was it David Brinkley?) said that it couldn't be brought to you live, but was taped maybe 40 minutes prior. Anyone know why?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was curious about that too Beth. Did they have to censor that kind of thing back then? And, if they did and that's what they had, how bad was it live?! It had to be horrible. I was only a year, so I don't have any clue how bad things got.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The likely reason they had to mention it was on videotape was to explain why Don and Megan were able to watch the same newscast (and talk about it over the phone) even though they were in different time zones and therefore would not be able to see a live broadcast simultaneously.

I also LOVED the inclusion of Jeannie C. Riley's "Harper Valley PTA" which reached #1 on the Billboard charts right around the time of the Democratic Convention. Its theme about hypocrisy fit nicely with all the ranting and raving being done by Peggy's boyfriend Abe and the copywriter Michael.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
My secret hope is that Abe gets so unbearable at Sterling, Cooper & Partners, that the Partners let him go. Thus, allowing Fred's return on Drop Dead Diva in a few weeks.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl:
Abe is Peggy's boyfriend and he doesn't work at Sterling, Cooper. I think you're referring to the Michael Ginsberg character, played by Ben Feldman (who also portrayed Fred on Drop Dead Diva).

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yep, sorry...I meant Ginsberg. My bad.

Dahli

11-27-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Ginsberg is deep into mental illness territory. I wonder how they will handle that.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
He really is. I rewatched today and must have been in the kitchen when he was melting down on the floor of the office. I actually do wonder if they're setting it up for him to go away for a while.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Mad Men's Linda Cardellini Gets Engaged to Boyfriend Steven Rodriguez

http://www.eonline.com/news/427767/mad-men-s-linda-cardellini-gets-engaged-to-boyfriend-steven-rodriguez

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I just knew Sally was going to see that.....

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes, how many times did Sally borrow keys to get in and out of her father's apartment? And why didnt she have her own key? Its so sad as she told her mother that her father was the only one who supported her dreams. From the previews, it looks as if she might be running away!
When Don walked in on Megan and Mitchell, I got the feeling--before I knew who he was--that Megan was involved with the teenager!!
Dr. Rosen already senses that Sylvia is lying about stuff, so how long will it take before he finds out about Don too?
It appears that Don went to all that trouble to help Mitchell just to get back in Sylvia's bed again.
Peter's mother sounded as if she knew all about Peggy's baby with Peter, but then it seemed as if she had Peggy mixed up with Peter's wife? Did Pete really just let his mother walk off on her own? Did Bob make a pass at Pete?

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Is Sally going to "out" her Dad or use it to bribe him. I think Bob did make a pass at Pete.