TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 11, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I loved the scene with Sylvia, Roy and the bandaids.

Alib

07-15-2000

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alib a private message Print Post    
Probably the brothers will not both have the gene since they had different fathers.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't know if epilepsy is genetic. A stupid swerve to the storyline anyways. Who would test for something like that in utero? There would really be no point.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Even if the baby didn't have the gene (if there is such a gene), it still could be David's. I agree with Jasper, it really would be ridiculous to test for it now.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg I so agree

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
OMG, I cant beleive how Haley and Roy's mother--whose name escapes me--pronounce Roy's father's name! All along I have been hearing "Sinjin" and wondering if Roy's dad was Indian! Then I see the tombstone and it St. John Cropper! They just said it funny.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing, Cablejockey. I thought his father maybe was Indian until I saw St. John.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That is how the Brit's pronounce St. John when it is someone's name. I always assumed it was St. John, something from a James Bond movie if I remember correctly, "Sinjin" Smythe.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think the whole thing with Gary and Izzy and Tina is silly. First for Tina thinking they are going to break up so maybe the baby shouldn't go etc. Gary should just come clean and let the chips fall where they may with Izzy, I think she might understand considering the emotional nature of his reunion etc. Otherwise Gary is going to have this hanging over him driving him nuts.

I can't wait to see what the pub looks like! I also can't wait for Karl to be found out, please let's get this over with. We need some fresh blood on the Street (I think), and not just Beth's niece. Maybe a new love interest for Sophie, there is just no screen chemistry between her current gf who I can't name. She is just boring. Maybe Peter can get a new helper in the bookie. Maybe some of the plethora of Ken's offscreen could come back, or maybe the new found siblings of Roy. Possiblities. I'd would love Becky to come back. (btw she was very good imo in Mr Selfridge). How bout Vikram to help Dev out or is he still on Emmerdale? Maybe Amber then.

I know that
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Liz McD will return

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Jasper you make me laugh. We need some new blood and some new and interesting storylines!

Glad it's not just me who is wondering why testing for the epilepsy gene won't prove anything.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Trouble with me I always watch CC very late at night, then I get caught up in my mind. Lol We need some new everything on the street. I cannot stop watching though. . Sometimes I agree with Owen sometimes I don't I wish I could like him or not. I haven't watch all of last Sunday's, so will Tina get paid and did Stella's mom invest in Rovers.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've taken to watching every night instead of Sunday.

Lawrie I'm glad! Trini - Owen would be hard pressed to do anything to make me like him. And yes Gloria thinks she is now Queen of the Manor when it comes to the pub.

I really feel for poor Chesney but really they were doomed from the get - go. They will be the Deirdre and Ken of their era!

I'd like to see more of Mary and Dev (not romantically) and the kids, the have very good screen chemistry.

All the couples have gotten complacent. Peter is downright boring now that he is a teetotaler. And smug about it. It sounds terrible but I miss the drunken days of Carla and Peter, at least it was interesting. No one's relationship is interesting. Let's list them:

Rita and Dennis
Deirdre and Ken
Tracey and Rob
Peter and Carla
Steve and Michele
Fiz and Tyrone
Stella and the odious Karl
Anna and the equally odious Owen
Gary and Izzie
Katie and Ryan
Sophie and that girl
Lloyd and that girl's mum
Eileen and Paul
Julie and Brian
Marie and Marcus
Beth and Kirkie
Nick and Leanne
David and Kylie

not a fun one in the bunch except maybe Beth and Kirk but they don't have a storyline.

Singles:

Sean
Jason
Tina
Chesney
Norris
Emily
Mary
Dev
Tommy
Sally
Gail
Audrey

I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Please lets give Gail another crackpot of a boyfriend. Something has to happen.

Bring back Karen McD! Or Rita's foster daughters remember them? Sharon and the redheaded one. How about the Khan girls? Even Rosy could inject some ditziness in or who knows living on her own may have really changed her, that could open a lot doors. How about Sarah Lou and Bethany coming back?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't it be something if the baby turned out to be Tommy and Tina's?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
lmao too funny puzzled i would love that.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
That would be a good story Puzzled! Great list Jasper.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Please lets give Gail another crackpot of a boyfriend.

Hahaha, that would be great Jasper. She is such a dope.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I think that Gail deserves a decent guy but then she disgusts me (the way she treats people/family who are trying to help her) and I'm on board with the crackpot thing. Problem is that her crackpots always end up hurting the innocent!

A number of past characters who I would like to see again. The thing with this show is that they don't recast characters and I like that. Has there ever been a case where someone has been recast? I mean other than the babies. It's not like some shows where kids go away to boarding school and return six months later having aged five years.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Just Nick I think has been recast. Oh and Tracey.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I guess when I actually start looking, there are a few. Nick, Tracy, David, Sarah, Rosie, Sophie. I guess I'm thinking about people like Kevin and Ken. I would be very disappointed to see them recast.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For adults I can only remember nick and Tracey. I can't imaging them recasting ken and Kevin either! I think if things go south for them they will kill them off or kev will go live in Germany with bill.

I watched Friday. I can see why Tina is so irked at that family. I guess we will have a new baby on the street on Monday.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Off to see the Croppers this evening. Should be interesting! I'll report back.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Have fun Lawrie! Can't wait for your report. You are a lucky lady.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Oh my goodness! I laughed so much. It was such fun. Haley looks very different without the wig. She talked a bit about why she is leaving in November. (Hope that wasn't a secret to anyone)

For the first part they sat with a moderator who asked them questions and let them tell stories. After intermission, they took questions from the audience. The theatre holds about 680 and it was packed! Who knew there were so many Corrie fans in the neighbourhood who would be out on a Sunday night to see the Croppers?

Trying to remember some of the topics. They were asked to pretend to be Roy and Hailey and it was hilarious to see David hunch his shoulders like Roy does. They both felt that the storyline of Tracy pretending that Roy fathered her child was dumb and were surprised that it went over so well. David was surprised when he found out that Roy had a mother. He said it wasn't surprising that he left her!

Some talk of the relationships with other cast members. Julie likes Gail and the audience groaned until we realized that she meant Helen Worth. David said he had a man crush on Peter Barlow. Tyrone is a major practical joker and impressionist and once phoned (didn't catch who) someone's girlfriend and finished it with her.

I'll add more as I think back on it. I ended up in the back (teach me to leave it to the last minute to buy my ticket) so I didn't get any great pics but I'll try posting one. Haven't posted pics before on this forum so I hope I don't mess it up!

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
The Croppers

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I remember from Tyrone it was Ashley Peacock's real gf he called and dumped.

Glad you had such a good time Lawrie! Who was the moderator? Big gay guy (his words) from the east coast? If so I can't remember his name from the Ty/Kirk one but he was pretty funny as well.

I wish I could have seen them as well, I'll have to settle for vicariously viewing thru your posts!