TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 10, 2013 users admin

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rieann, I'll check it out!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
What an excellent show. I am so happy to know it will be back for a 2nd series.

That guy had me scared! I didn't know how she was going to get out of that mess.

It must be very hard to keep these secrets from one's husband. I don't know how carrying them around inside can't not hurt the relationship. I guess we will see next season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So has anyone heard what "The Dome" is all about? Will it be scary? Just wondering because it seems/looks scary to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oops, it is under the dome.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it looks kind of science-fictiony, not scary. Is it based on the Stephen King novel? Maybe it is scary?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's not at all scary in the haunted house ghost sense. It's more about a group of people who find themselves in a stressful situation and how they respond and react. I haven't read many Stephen King novels but this one was the one that I have enjoyed the most so far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah I was intrigued until I heard the reference to Stephen King. I had to stop reading his books because he was scaring me to death, LOL.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The late Deputy Shelby of "Bates Motel" is a character on "Under the Dome". His name is Barbie. Yes, "Barbie", like the doll....but it's a nickname taken from his surname which is Barbara. :-)

Under the Dome looks interesting to me.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm intrigued by the commercials for Under the Dome. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm also intrigued, but I can't help but think of the Simpsons Movie every time I see the commercial. And so I giggle because it's definitely not the Simpsons Movie.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Came here to ask about Longmire but then I found a thread.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
See "The Bubble" from 1966, a great 3-D movie.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Looking at new shows for the fall, CBS has one called "Intelligence", about an agent (Josh Holloway) with a computer chip in his head. The co-stars are Marg Helgenberger (CSI) and Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time). This is a show I'll definitely be checking out. I was a huge fan of Jake 2.0 back in the day, and this sounds like a similar show, only with a major network and a big budget behind it.

On a strange note, NCIS: Red, which I thought was going to be on CBS's fall schedule, is nowhere to be found. I wonder if it got dropped?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 27, 2013 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I just got finished watching the made for tv movie "Ring of Fire". It was the life of June Carter Cash. (on Lifetime channel)

We really enjoyed it except for two things. The actor they cast for Johnny Cash was so far off and outright wrong that it distracted us for the entire movie. It was the same actor that played creepy Alby on HBO's "Big Love".

Another odd casting choice was for June's mother. They used the same actress who played 2 years of truly creepy parts on "American Horror Story". Year one she was the young/old housekeeper with one eye, and in year 2 she was the angel of death.

Honestly, we were perplexed by some of the casting, but we thought Jewel did well as June Carter.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, NCIS: Red wasn't picked up, lacklustre reviews on the NCIS: LA episode that started it.

Intelligence sounds good, I will look out for that one. Quite a few of the previews for new series looked promising.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just have to say LOVE the character of Zoey on 'Nurse Jackie'. I've always enjoyed her interactions with Jackie, but this season I am loving her newest quest to bring out a softer Dr. Prentiss (Morris Chestnut character). She's a kick.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I do too!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kitt, lackluster reviews for one episode that wasn't even their own show? (Re: NCIS Red) That's pretty cold. It had a good cast, so I guess it must've been the writers they weren't sure of.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Fosters on ABC Family had a really good premiere last night. Might be good for Parenthood or Brothers and Sisters fans. It repeats twice tomorrow and again at the weekend.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard if ABC is going to show the remainder of the 666 Park Avenue shows they promised us this summer?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, final four 666 episodes are back on Saturdays starting June 22 at 9pm.

And if anyone wanted to see the rest of Zero Hour that is back Saturdays at 8pm starting June 15th, ending August 3rd.

And Do No Harm Saturdays at 10pm starting June 29.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt! Also, for the info on Zero Hour. I had almost forgotten they promised that one, too.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, June 07, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
TOP 101 TV SHOWS OF ALL TIME

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watching the premiere of Hard Rock Medical. Not sure where it's heading but quite enjoying it so far.

Eta cdn show on cdn channel. http://hardrockmedical.com/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Did a mini-marathon Saturday night of a BBC show called The Fall on Netflix. It stars Gillian Anderson as a detective hunting a serial killer in Belfast. Five episodes make up the first season and I read that it has been picked up for a second season. Gillian Anderson is great in it.