TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through June 14, 2013 users admin

Nala63

09-20-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
WOW, this week was epic. loved it. i like margerie a lot more than i did in the books. and those dragons rule, lol. i would like to see more direwolves.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I love Margaery. I liked her in the books and she is even better in the series. She is so cool and collected and I love the way she controls Joffrey.

The dragons are awesome though I didn't find the scene quite as powerful as in the book (maybe because I was eagerly anticipating it so it didn't have the same surprise). It was still great though and the shot of Daenerys' huge army with the dragons flying overhead looked so intimidating.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love Margaery. Loved her when she was Anne Boleyn on the Tudors, too. She's so pretty and very good at playing manipulative.

I love the way the relationship is changing between Jaime and Brianne. I loved it in the book the way people would show different sides of their personalities that you wouldn't expect.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
still loving this show!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hate the torture scenes with Theon. As much as he might deserve it, it's still hard to watch. Only three more episodes! The season goes so fast!!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Holy moly! They killed half of the Stark family off last night! I haven't read the books, and kind of deliberately so I can enjoy the TV series, so I was caught by surprise and now full of all sorts of questions as to who will lead the North. In the meantime Daenerys Targaryen is slowly but surely putting together a sizable army with an attitude not to mention her dragons. Love this show!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've read that part of the books but I haven't seen last night's show yet. I was shocked when I read the book though. He sure knows how to keep his readers/viewers off-guard!

Also the Tyrion/Sansa wedding was great. Tyrion is such an appealing and entertaining character. And Joffrey is so despicable.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
I.WILL.NOT.WATCH.THE.RED.WEDDING.EPISODE.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=78juOpTM3tE)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They were playing parts of that video on the news....lol

I don't watch this show, but out of curiosity, I went and watched this ep in on-demand. Wow, what a cool show. On slow tv days, probably Fridays, I think I'll go start watching from the beginning.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just watched the episode. I have to say that was pretty shocking. And the silent ending credits were a perfect punctuation to what happened.

I think they have done a great job transferring the characters to the screen with respect to the selection of the actors and the acting. The only very minor reservation I have is that when reading the books I tended to picture everything bigger than it's shown in the TV series. Bigger castles, bigger halls, bigger everything, but in fairness that would be hard and extremely expensive to reproduce. I'm certainly happy with what they've been able to do.

I'd say that the series is definitely worth watching from the beginning.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Author George RR Martin, whose books the show is based on, revealed the blood-soaked wedding feast was inspired by the Black Dinner hosted by King James II at Edinburgh Castle in 1440 and the 17th century Glencoe Massacre.

The American writer said: “No matter how much I make up, there’s stuff in history that’s just as bad, or worse.

“One was a case called the Black Dinner. The king of Scotland was fighting the Black Douglas clan. He reached out to make peace.

“He offered the young Earl of Douglas safe passage. He came to Edinburgh Castle and had a great feast.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/revealed-game-thrones-shocking-episode-1935010

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Wow, just wow. Just finished watching the red wedding episode. It was disturbing in the book but even more so when seen on the screen. There are some minor changes from the book mainly Robb's wife. In the book it was a different character and she didn't come to the wedding. Not sure if this was done to amp up the drama of the scene. Just can't figure out that change.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I just finished ep 7 of season 1, and I am so freakin hooked I can't believe it.

Ep 7 is the one where Drogo vows to rule the 7 kingdoms (I got chills in that scene!), and it ended with Ned with a knife to his throat.

I can't believe I never paid attention to this show until now.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
We were both sitting with our mouths hanging open after the red wedding.

Enjoy Naja!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a great series. Glad you found it, Naja!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
We ordered the series from the library and are watching an episode every night (so far we're on eppy 5 of Season 1). We're doing the same with the Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes series from England. Beat the hell out of watching regular television programming.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished all 3 seasons in about a week. I feel like I have been on an exhausting emotional roller coaster. What a fantastic show.

My DVR is overflowing because I have been ignoring all my other shows. I couldn't stop watching this show once I got started.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree it is very entertaining. The tough part now is waiting until next season!

Dfng

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
Naja - I did the same thing, although it only took me 5 days. I watched season 1 and 2 over the weekend. I just couldn't stop !

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Just watched episode 6 of Season 1, and I felt bad that Colossus and I were celebrating all alone when Viserys finally got his gold crown. It was great, though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes Viserys was an annoying one.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Can you name all these characters? Or do you have nicknames (like this guy's dad has)?

http://imgur.com/gallery/11bIw

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Some of those were pretty funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Little Finger already has such an easy nickname to remember, but we still refer to him as "the pimp".

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another thing I wanted to mention is that the Dothraki title referring to the wife of the khal "Khaleesi" sounds so beautiful to the ear, I really think people will start using it for a real name. I know it's old news for you all that it's all a made up language by the author, but I sure am amazed learning about that this past week or so. I also learned about how the author is ticked they mispronounce it on the show, but I think the mispronunciation is prettier.

Daenerys Targaryen is my favorite character on the show. Every scene she is in completely enchants me.

And yes, Jimmer, I can't believe I have to wait a year for more!