TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through April 21, 2013 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That was no accident. It reminds me of when Jimmy Fallons band played some song about a bitc% as Michelle Bachman was being introduced.
However,if they would have just kept their mouths shut,I dont think anyone would have noticed it was GWB.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I do think the 5 book series from which the tv show came from is a work of art. I don't think the hbo series is a work of art. It is a tv reproduction of a work of art. And here is an example of my convoluted thinking process :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Of course the TV show is art. Any performance of a play, movie, TV show is art. It's acting. The very definition of art. And I think it's a lot of brouhaha over nothing. I don't believe they intentionally put up a mask of George Bush. I think they were just joking around that it resembled him. Just one of those things the director should never have mentioned in public. People are so sensitive!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Art is subjective. I've seen plays, movies, and tv shows that were pure crap. To call them all art diminishes true art. I like Game of Thrones. I will watch again next season and I will give HBO the benefit of the doubt that they didn't know about using a likeness of the former president as a severed head. But somebody knew and somebody couldn't keep quiet about their little joke. It flashed on quickly and would have otherwise never been noticed. Now that we know, we have a valid reason to be offended. People are becoming desensitized to bad taste and we are suffering as a nation because of it.

Sanfran, we misunderstood each other, as often happens when writing instead of conversing. I thought you were calling the head a work of art and my statement was that no one would dare call a severed Obama head a work of art.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I thought you were calling the head a work of art"

When you think about it....the head itself is also a work of art.

An artist had to sculpt it and make a mold to create it...unless, of course, GW Bush personally went to the props department and sat there patiently while the artist cast his head in a plaster mold used to make that head.

:-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 18, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's all art. Just cause you don't like it, doesn't make it art. I agree with you Hummingbird that there is a lot of stuff out there that offends me. It's still art, just not my cup of tea.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Somehow that second sentence contradicts itself. Let's stop calling anything someones doodles "Art". The bad stuff doesn't always have to be offensive, just bad.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There's such a thing as bad art. But it's all in the eye of the beholder. Most art is subjective. Either you like it or you don't. Just because you or I don't like it doesn't mean it's not still art.

ETA: Ooops! I see what you mean about that second sentence. What I meant to say was what I said above. My mistake!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
There's such a thing as bad art.

Oh yeah, well you haven't seen the stuff hanging in my doctor's office. His wife has suddenly decided to become a painter.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But it's still art! Bless her heart for trying. There's such a joy in creating something, but not everyone will share that joy. What a nice husband for displaying his wife's art work!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Anyone know when this one starts a new season?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like season 3 starts on March 31, 2013:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes?season=3

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to it!

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Talked my husband into watching season one on rental. He loves it! I am enjoying them also and am happy that they are staying true to the books. I have only seen one discussion that differed from the book. Hoping to watch season two before the new season starts. We now have At&t universal with HBO and WAY too many other channels. I have to admit the casting for this series is fantastic. The characters are much as I had pictured them while reading.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
They start to divert a little bit from the books in two....combined some happenings, used a different location/happenstance to help move Arya's story, modified some stuff for Danerys. But they did a very good job with it.
Book 3 will be divided into two seasons (it's just too massive to get into one).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I kind of like that they changed it up a bit. It's nice being surpised/shocked sometimes, rather than knowing exactly what's going to happen.

Not till March 31st? That seems like such a long time!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it's here! Returns tonight for season three. This should be a good one!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am very excited to watch it, Jimmer! I dvr'd it but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I absolutely love the books, read them all twice and I am impatiently waiting for his next book!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was amazed at how fast the episode went by. They have done an excellent job capturing the characters. It's interesting how they pretty much keep to the story as told in the books but put it together in a somewhat different way. It's a very good adaptation.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I agree and I did notice a few things different than the book. We got to see our first Giant! Watched last night and loved it! seemed like it went faster than an hour

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No comments about Sunday's episode? I knew Jaime was going to lose his hand, but it was still gruesome to watch. So sad, especially since he saved Brienne.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet. I like how we are getting to see other sides of Jaime's character this season.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Who's the young hottie that intercepted Theon and saved him from those rapists? Totally deviating from the book here?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Kona, you find about the hottie tonight.

So an error was made in Canada and episode 4 was released on demand this morning. Sooooo I will not spoil here but there are some really good parts tonight. Great episode.