TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 13, 2013 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Corbin said in one post that he did not want to disclose her illness at this time.

I cried while watching the scene where Jill asked Katherine if she wanted Jill to help her up the stairs. It was beautifully acted by both ladies. This has to be so heartbreaking for her co-stars, especially those who have been in these hospital scenes with her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know, Mak. You can see how frail she is and I am sure they are all thinking about what time they have left with her. So sad.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Mak that scene made me cry too. Knowing that Jeanne really is in the hospital fighting for her life makes every scene with her both precious and sad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
She really is looking so much more frail that she has in the past. That scene with Jill was very touching.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So is carmine working for victor trying to get billy gambling again!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
From the family of Jeanne Cooper / on Facebook: We have been read some articles that report Jeanne as having passed away. And while it is true that she is indeed still in the hospital and undergoing care, she is still with us and we are grateful that she is. We do not yet know what the future holds, but that is the nature of life. We know that updates have been less frequent, but that is because we are focusing all of our energy on her at this time. We continue to thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. Thank you! Love to all!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 06, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read that Victoria Rowell posted something about her passing away and that sent people into a flurry of craziness.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Corbin Bernsen tweeted that his mother passed away this morning. You will be missed Mrs. C.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Corbin Bernsen:
Wasn't sure how I would have to say these words so I opt for simplicity at least to begin...

My mother passed away this morning just a short time ago, peaceful with my sister by her side, in her sleep. I was going to visit this afternoon, thought I had time. Reminder to self - time is a precious thing. I too am at peace however. I said my goodbyes several times over during the last few weeks. I'll go one last time now for a gentle kiss a final farewell for this lifetime. She has been a blaze her entire life, that beacon, that boxer I spoke of earlier. She went the full twelve rounds and by unanimous decision... won! And while her light finally gave into the wind that gives flight to all our journeys, there will always be a glimmer left behind by what she stood for. I will speak about that more in coming days, months I suppose. I will certainly dedicate what remains of my life to continue her purpose of honesty, equality, humility, empathy and love. So many of you have said your prayers for her and right now, today, I can say the best way to honor her is to inhabit your lives with those things she stood for. I would ask that closer friends respectfully give us some time to find our family's path in this transition, and please limit calls, emails and the rest for a couple of days. As always, your outpouring of love here on this page, is not only welcomed to continue but truly appreciated and comforting. I asked my sister what time she passed exactly, and she told me (not to important for public record) but I was working out and just happened to pick out a song for my final moments on the treadmill - "Everlasting Light" by the Black Keys. Oh what a wonder it all is... what a magnificence!

http://www.corbinbernsen.com/blog.html

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My heart is broken. RIP Y&R's Mrs. Katherine Chancellor. Deepest condolences to Jeanne Cooper's family upon her passing... I am grateful I had the oportunity to interview her several times in the '80s, and she became a cherished friend. My only regret is that we never met in person, just spoke on the telephone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am so sad to hear this news. Just got a tweet from Daniel Goddard and I wasn't sure whether to believe it or not.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
So sad to hear this. She will be missed. Katherine Chancellor since 1973. It seemed she would always be there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jeannie's pix and bio:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Cooper

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
It won't be the same without Mrs. C.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Good speed, Jeanne! You gave me many hours of enjoyment. You were one of the great dames. You said it like it was and stuck by your word. I met her briefly once at a affair that "Soap Opera Digest" was giving many, many years ago. She was gracious and funny. I wanted to do an interview with her, but it never happened because of time restraints. Also, I want to add. She was beautiful!!!
I wonder how Y&R will handle it. Will Mrs. C. die or will they replace her. I hope not. Nobody else can play Katherine C.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I am saddened by this news. RIP Jeanne-you were one of a kind.

The Y & R will not be the same without her. She is irreplaceable.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard what Jeanne Cooper died from? I don't know why they aren't saying.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lorry, all I know is that she was battling some kind of infection. They haven't really said anything else.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
She hasn't looked well lately. At first, I thought they were just making her look that way for the storyline. She must have went into the hospital right after her last taping. I read that she had 4 more tapings, but she was unable to do them because she got ill. It's just curious that they are not saying.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Corbin Bernsen posted her last shot and said that it waa quite fitting for what was happening. She did not look good for a while. It will be interesting to see how the show handles this.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They are having a special show, I think it is May 28, just on her.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Well I am glad they are doing a special. I was wondering why they did not mention anything.

Looks like that scene with Mrs. C walking up the stairs with Jill watching her full of concern was the last scene Jeanne taped.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Yes, Sportsfan, I read that that was the last scene she taped, but she had 4 more shows to tape, but she got ill.
I don't know why I'm so curious about her death, but by nothing telling it, it makes me more puzzled.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Lorry,....You are curious for prob the same reason many of us that watched for 'ever'....
I started watching while pregnant and on bed rest...got hooked and never missed a show since...even if i had to record it....its been 30 yrs now.....so I will miss her...she was part of my life..thru this show.....she will be missed...

Lorry

08-05-2007

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
You are right, Chewpito. I, also, watched from Day 1 and I feel like she is family. I used to have a cyber friend that knew her well and kept me update on her and the show. I have lost contact with her over the years. I met JC one time because of my job and she was very gracious. It was quick. I asked her if I could do an interview with her and she said she would, but it never happened and now I wish I had done the interview. But again, I just don't know why they are not releasing that info. How bad can it be?