TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through May 25, 2013 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I needed to see more Jesse in this finale-thought I got cheated.

I would have liked more Jesse too, Lakecat. I'm sure he will be a huge part in the completion of this season next year. He will find out about Walt poisoning his girlfriend's son and killing Mike, I'll bet.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone think Jesse might end up actually killing Walt?

It would be poetic justice in many ways.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I never thought Jesse killing Walt would happen....but I could envision him turning state's evidence in trade for immunity or something.

Hmmm....of course, now that I think about it, Jesse doesn't yet know that Walt murdered Mike, who had pretty much become a father figure to him. Jesse also never learned that Walt just stood there and watched his girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit and did nothing t help her. (I don't think there is any way Jesse would ever learn about that unless Walt tells him.)

This series could end in so many ways, none of them good... However, I still expect the ending to be great!

Breaking Bad is a prime example of great storytelling....I have been thoroughly entertained for 5 years and not a single scene has been predictable and that's the sign of fantastic writing and acting.

I wonder what Vincent Gilligan will do next...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And Walt poisoned the little boy of his girlfriend, and he almost died. That might be the worse one - Mike knew he was in a dangerous business and Jane could have choked whether or not Walt was there, he just didn't save her - but the boy was completely innocent.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to figure out how that Walt Whitman book got into Walt's bathroom.

Hank recovered it from Gale's apartment after Gale was killed, right? He talked to Walt about it when Walt 'joked' and said 'you got me!' when Hank pointed out the initials 'WW'.

So Hank and the DEA had possession of the book, but I can't remember how Walt got it. I tried searching the Wiki's but can't find anything. My memory banks are drawing a blank on this, and I'm hoping one of you wonderful fans could help me out.

It's driving me nutz!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We have to start with the poetry book. First of all, I know we had seen the book before, but was this the first time we saw that it had that inscription from Gale?

Vince Gilligan:
That's the first time we see it. We were very obtuse about it, in all honesty. Way back when, when Gale gave Walt the book, it is there, in that episode where Gale talks to Walt about Walt Whitman, he recites the poem, "When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer," and the next scene we see after their first cook together is Walt reading that very book. To be honest, at the time we came up with that episode two seasons back, we were not thinking about that book playing in the very important way that it plays. But having said that, it seems to fit right in. It was always in our mind that that was a gift from Gale, so we figured why wouldn't he have written something like that?

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-on-poetry-books-time-jumps-and-the-end-for-walter-white

(There are other questions with Vince Gilligan at the same link.)

When Hank and co. went through Gale's (the other chemist) stuff after Jesse killed him, they found Gale's notebooks, and they mentioned W.W. That's when Hank joked with Walt about Walt being the W.W. So Hank has Gale's notebooks, in Gale's handwriting, referring to a master cook/chemist called W.W., and now we have a book inscription from G.B. (Gale Boetticher) in Gale's handwriting, to W.W., in Walter White's bathroom.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, thanks, Kitt! So the 'W.W.' that Hank saw was in Gale's Lab notes!

I had remembered it wrong. When I saw the book in Walt's bathroom, I just assumed that Hank saw the initials in the Walt Whitman book, and not in the Lab notes.

That explains everything! Thank you so much!

Funny that even the show's creator wasn't even thinking of that book playing out the way it has. I wonder how many other things happen by accident on this show?

Like the 'Jesse' character was supposed to die in Season 1. Which I am so grateful they didn't go that way, since Jesse is my favorite!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-).

I have huge soft spot for Jesse. I think he's the thing that makes the show have a heart, because Walt lost his somewhere around season two. Without Jesse I definitely wouldn't be so invested in the show or what happens.

The actor is the sweetest guy ever too, I follow him on twitter. And he's totally besotted with his wife, which is lovely to see.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Perhaps the book Hank found is another gift from Gale and not the book we are aware of ?

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I have been an avid Breaking Bad and Jesse fan since Day 1, but I did something this season that I've always wanted to do, but didn't really believe I had the willpower to do. I resisted temptation and didn't watch the show each week or even come here to read. Now I'll have the whole season to watch in a marathon weekend. I'm excited.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Now that's willpower Holly. Enjoy!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Holly, that is the best way to watch Breaking Bad!

When I started watching, I was able to watch the first 3 seasons that way. When I started watching the shows when they came on TV, it was so hard to wait for the next episode!

I know that I'll marathon these 8 episodes right before the final ones, just to refresh my memory. We won't have the final season until next summer. Aargghhhh!!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am ready to start the final episodes, but cannot come up with a start date. Anyone have a clue ?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not announced yet, but for the last two years the second half season has started in July.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ricin, ricin, ricin.

As soon as the reports started coming out of ricin-tainted letters in DC, my first thought was:

Walter White!! What have you done!!????

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Marameko... and now I've just seen a post announcing its start date is August 11th!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/17/breaking-bad-final-episodes-get-premiere-talk-show/

There will also be a "Talking Bad" afterwards!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yea Kitt ! You rock.The speedy response is much appreciated.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Kitt! Best news I've heard all day. And, I even know it's CONFIRMED because it came from a reliable source: YOU!

LOL!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just finished the 1st 2 eps of season 1. Pls tell me why everyone loves this show? I dont get it. It's depressing and I see not 1 redeaming quality.

Dexter should be a depressing show but it's not and I cared about the characters from the first ep. I dont care what happens to any of these characters.

Does it get better? Did all of you love it from the start?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think I was hooked from the start, but I can't really remember what was in those early episodes. We watched on netflix and at some point in the early season we were staying up well past bedtime saying "just one more!" It's Jesse Pinkman that is the real emotional hold of the show for me, and he certainly does get better with time.

(and a big, very late hug to Rosem :-))

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have watched 2 eps and I cant even remember one name. LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
eta: I wanted to like this show! I am bummed I dont, I know so many say its the best thing on tv.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jesse's the kid who Walter White (the teacher) gets to help him make and distribute the meth. He's the real heart of the show, at least as time goes on. Give it a couple more episodes if you have time, it really is worth it. Season 2 is particularly addictive!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
K I will try!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've just started season 2. It's a different kind of show to me. Sometimes darkly funny and other times so tense. I find the writing smart and I like that. Also the characters are interesting.