TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 13, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
http://www.showcase.ca/defiance

Something to look forward to next Monday!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Syfy announces Childhood's End and Ringworld miniseries

http://www.blastr.com/2013-4-10/syfy-announces-childhoods-end-and-ringworld-miniseries

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying Orphan Black. The lead actress must be having a blast playing the different clones.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah me too. It suddenly picked up at the end of the second episode, just as I was about to drop it. I cannot stand the main one's fake English accent though, it is horrible. With so many English people on set I don't know why no one told her how bad it was.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying Orphan Black, as well. Dropping a show after a few episodes only reinforces the network's penchant for cancelling shows after a few episodes. I hated the way ABC did Zero Hour, and will look for it online or else this summer.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Defiance tonight on Syfy? They've been building up to it pretty heavily all week.

http://www.defiance.com/en/

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Reminder (just for Canadians I gather?) that season 2 of Continuum begins this Sunday on Showtime!

We recorded Defiance but I-be-old and was in bed before it started, won't be watching it until dh gets home from tonight. Hoping to hear good reviews in the meantime.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sorry, showcase not showtime.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Defiance was pretty good, they put a lot of effort into creating that world, and multiple storylines interweave. They are also launching a video game at the same time, so a sort of interactive approach. I liked it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm all caught up on Orpan Black. I do like it. Interesting premise.

I noted that Space has a new show starting this week called Utopia. Has it aired on Scy-Fy in the States?

Have yet to watch Defiance as dh wants to see it as well and he has been working a lot (and now we have a visitor for 2 wks, blech)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it a British show? I don't think it's been on here, haven't seen much about it at all. BBC America doesn't list it as upcoming (but heads up Being Human UK fans, it says the last season of that is coming in June).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Orphan Black is on BBC America every Saturday sandwiched between Doctor Who and The Nerdist.

So far, 4 episodes have aired....and they seem to re-air each week's current episode several times during the week but they haven't been airing the earlier episodes like that as far as I know. Of course, they may have a marathon at some point and re-air all of them to date. It also might be available via On Demand.

It's an interesting concept and I think it gets better each week.

ETA - Oops. I thought you were asking about Orphan Black, but if you meant Utopia then I have no idea - never even heard of it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I meant Utopia, the (other) show Jasper mentioned :-). I think it's British too. I can't find it anywhere on upcoming Syfy or BBCAmerica schedules, so I guess we'll be missing out. It's an interesting concept.

Utopia will follow a group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of a cult graphic novel. The tome is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century and the group soon find themselves targeted by a shadowy organisation known only as The Network.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like the DVD (season 1 - six episodes) is already out and available at Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Series-1-Blu-ray/dp/B00B2OI0FU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359562076&sr=8-3-fkmr0

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's a new JJ Abrams sci-fi show in the works!

NBC Greenlights New JJ Abrams Series Believe

Believe

<snip>

Here’s the official synopsis: “Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, even predict the future... Since she was two years old, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand, nor control. Raised by a small group known as the ‘True Believers', the orphaned girl has been safeguarded from harmful outsiders who would use her forces for personal gain.

“But now that she is 10, her powers have become stronger, and the threat has grown more dangerous. With her life and future now in jeopardy, the ‘Believers' turn to the only person they see fit to be her full-time protector. That is, once they break him out of jail. Tate, a wrongfully-imprisoned death row inmate who’s lost his will, is initially reluctant – until he witnesses one of her extraordinary abilities.

<snip>

Full synopsis here: http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/10/nbc-greenlights-new-jj-abrams-series-believe/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
looks good! there are a few picked up pilots that sound promising, I think scifi has had a bit of an insurgence.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some Syfy channel summer premiere dates:
Fri Jun 7, 10pm Continuum (season 2)
Sat Jun 8, 9pm Dr Who slot! Sinbad After Sinbad accidentally kills the son of powerful Lord Akbari, he is forced to flee -- under a curse -- from his home town of Basra. Now unable to be on dry land for more than a day (thanks to the curse), Sinbad must travel the world to find a cure and return home. On board his new home - the ship, The Providence - an intriguing band of travelers is thrown together, including taciturn Norwegian sailor Gunnar, the lithe and agile jewel-thief Rina, and haughty and aristocratic Nala. Completing the ship’s complement is the odd-ball cook and the cerebral doctor Anwar. Little does Sinbad know that as he sails the high seas, he's being hunted by Lord Akbari, determined to exact revenge for his son's death. http://www.syfy.com/sinbad
Sat Jun 8, 10pm Primeval: New World (Primeval spin-off, I think it's already aired in Canada) http://www.syfy.com/primeval

And some BBC America ones:
Thu Jun 6, 10pm In The Flesh (three night zombie miniseries!!) http://www.bbcamerica.com/in-the-flesh/
Sat Jul 13, 10pm Being Human UK (last season I think)

Also
MTV has Teen Wolf starting Mon Jun 3, 10pm
TNT has Falling Skies starting Sun Jun 9, 9pm (2hr first episode, usual time is 10pm)
HBO has True Blood starting Sun Jun 16, 9pm

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am so hooked into Orphan Black, I can't wait for each show. I was so tired when I got home last night, and I had to wait until 1 am when it repeated, Now I have to go to on demand and watch it again.

Agree - this is the first TV show I will buy!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Is it the second season of Sinbad that is starting?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's the first season of Sinbad, from what I can tell. Is it a Canadian show? I hadn't heard anything about it until I looked through the premieres list. Is it good?

(glad Orphan Black is still good but I'm weeks behind on it!)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It is British I believe. I liked it. An adventure a week with a backstory woven in. I'm looking forward to season two. I'm hoping that Bedlam comes back for a third season as well.

I'm up to date with Orphan Black. Pretty good show. I couldn't get into Continuum though. I just didn't care about the characters.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"(glad Orphan Black is still good but I'm weeks behind on it!)"

I think this gets better every week!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Helena dancing around with the tail in her hand cracked me up!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You'll be waiting a long time, Jasper, I looked for Sinbad on the UK pages and it was cancelled after the first season!! Do you think it has enough of an ending in the first season finale to be worth watching?

Also Bedlam... doesn't look good for a season 3:

Bedlam's co-creator Neil Jones has told CultBox that Sky has "no current plans for a third series" of the show.

That quote was in March. http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/6377-bedlam-not-returning-for-series-3

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt for all that bad news! Lol. That sucks and yes The end wasn't too much do a dangler if I remember correctly. But that was not a sufficient ending for Bedlam imo Oh well I watch too much tv as it is.