TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 18, 2013 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
David Tennant will be in the 50th Anniversary special. But I think it will be a movie - I guess in the theaters because I read somewhere it's 3-D, but I'm not sure about that.
Actually, the only thing I'm sure of is that David Tennant will be in it! LOL

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
50th anniv episode ALL living ex- doctors rumoured to appear Jasper!!!!! And i agree, loved Donna's grandfather. Great chemistry with Tennant.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, not Christopher Eccelston for the 50th special. :-( Very sad about that. I don't think he even watches Doctor Who... I saw an interview with him and they asked what he thought of Matt Smith and he said he thought he was a great actor - he'd seen him on stage, but had never seen him as Doctor Who!

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
In the first Clara episode, Clara got the phone number for the Tardis from "a womam." River Song?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
hmm good catch. Something to chew on.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ahh, that is too bad. Eccelston was a great doctor, would have liked him to stick around another year or two. They are keeping a tight lid on the anniversary episode so I have no idea what is reliable rumour and what is rumour gone-wild. LOL

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I've heard the 3D rumors too. But I can't figure out if this is going to be a TV special or a Movie Theater film. Rumors are rampant!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it's definitely being shot in 3D and doing one of those things where they premiere "at select theatres," which will presumably be 3D theatres. The intention, as far as I've read, is for it to be a special tv episode aired at the same time as or just after the cinema premiere. Don't know how many people will be watcing on a 3D tv though!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I know I don't have a 3D TV. my living room and bedroom tvs aren't even HD!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does BBC America even broadcast in 3D? Can a regular HD channel show 3D on a 3D tv? What would the rest of us with non-3D tvs see?!!! I'll be happy with 2D and a good story.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Again not an ep that drew me in.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Agree with Jasper. Seemed like a stand alone episode that was meant to be cool because it brought in a monster from the old series.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Wasn't my favourite episode but I did like how protective the doctor was over Clara. Very sweet micro-moments throughout the episode.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
And two actors from Game of Thrones :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well I thought this was a good one! Held me from the get-go. Fingers crossed they keep improving.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too.

And the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker, is on the Revisited show this coming Sunday. (Tom Baker is still alive, but seems completely batty these days. It'll be funny if they feature him in the special, the last few times I've seen him he hasn't really made much sense - not in an unhealthy way, but just in an eccentric kind of way.)

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know if the "Inside Looks" they show during the commercial breaks are available anywhere else? Seems like it is a small part of a larger program.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They used to be whole mini episodes (10-20 minutes long), but now they seem tiny snippets. They are in the BBCA video section but again only in small chunks, so I think they're just what we see in the adverts. I end up not watching them as it spoils the flow of the show for me.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/videos/

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I thought they might be clips from interviews or other bonus features on the dvds. But I don't have any of the DW dvds so I don't know if that's correct. Or perhaps they film stuff in advance for those specials they air from time to time and these are excerpts from them? Don't know.

As for the latest episode, I want to know what/who those creatures were and what happened to them! Was it explained how they became trapped/separated? Did the one get pulled into the pocket universe with the time traveler?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
One of them was in the pocket universe with the time traveller woman, presumably(?) pulled in when she was pulled in. As to what they were and why, before and after they were reunited, they were happily living in the main house with the humans I don't know!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Okay, thanks, that's sorta what I figured. Romeo was chasing the time traveler because he(?) thought she was his ticket back, presumably because she'd been the one who got him stuck in the pocket universe in the first place. Maybe.

I just wasn't sure if the creatures had been at the house before this all happened or if both of them were swept up somehow in the wake of the time traveler's trip from where/when they were from and one then went to the pocket universe while the other landed at the house. (I would really not like to be in that pocket universe, by the way. The sliver of dark forest crumbling into an abyss...*shiver*. Poor Romeo!)

I must have bad eyesight or a too small tv because I thought the photo of whatever was following the "ghost" looked either like a storm cloud or some sort of geological formation. And I was about as spooked as Clara was when she realized they'd traveled from one end of the Earth's life to the other yet the Doctor seemed utterly unfazed by that. There are moments when the Doctor can be a bit creepy.

P.S. I really like Clara & am worried the show will muck up her storyline just as it did Amy's & River's.

P.P.S. The guy who played Rory is on Broadway now as a replacement in Once. I read about it this weekend while watching film of the Pippin revival that opens this week.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt and Calamity. After the show I rewind and then FF to the inside looks. I'm sure you're right Calamity. It is probably on the DVD. I checked iTunes, but it wasn't there.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
New Who episode - was I the only one a little confused by the going back in time to stop all that from happening? It's just that I'm never sure when they can do that.

Old Who - I missed Mad Men because of the "Pyramids of Mars" showing. I got confused during that too because I missed part of the middle so I had to catch the replay. I can't really remember what happened but I think in the end it seemed to make sense. I remember 2 Tom Baker serials, if they'd have just shown the giant wasp one, it would have been easy to follow!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I've thought about it some more and think I understand better what happened, or supposedly happened, in the latest epi. Though it still leaves me with some questions but isn't that always the case?

I tell you though, whatever is up with Clara (& I'm sure most of us have can't help having various ideas & guesses on that) - it better knock my socks off :-) !

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Watching the season finale`...love the former Doctors being shown...loving River Song's appearance and the show has only just started!