TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Longmire: Archive through August 18, 2012 users admin

Hoosiergram

08-29-2010

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hoosiergram a private message Print Post    
Love this show!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
How slow paced is it? When the sheriff carts the bodies of 2 murder victims in his police truck, that's just wrong on so many counts!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
What would you have him do with them? Leave them where he found them?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like this show a lot, it doesn't seem slow-paced to me, it seems normal. Unlike some shows that go so fast it is hard to suspend belief since they are so unrealistic.

with regard to the bodies, I don't think I have ever seen a coroner or forensic team on this show, so it didn't seem odd to me that he took the bodies to someplace, not sure where they ended up, LOL.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
These Australian guys..wow. Robert Taylor in Longmire, Simon Baker in the Mentalist..if I was younger I think I'd move to Australia!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The two bodies that were found were Native Americans. So they would've been returned to the Reservation.

And I'm not quite sure, but I suspect that there are quite a few outlying towns in which there isn't a local coroner or medical examiner's office just down the block, and if there is a dead body lying around, the only way to transport said body is the back of the sheriff's truck. Which is exactly how Sheriff Longmire has moved the dead bodies so far, yes? I mean, at least he didn't bungee cord them to the roof of his truck, right?

I think the slow pace has to do with the lack of frenetic CSI type of work. There is a crime, they solve it in an hour, but they just do it the good ole boy way, with a few drawls along the way. There usually is only one crime, too, not fifteen eleven (like there can be on CSI or L&O). And they just use plain old detecting, because, yeah, since there ain't no coroner's office with all that fancy schmancy equipment, they have to use their heads to figure out who done it. :-)

Granny, yeah, I agree!!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Actually, Costacat,it was weird and very unprofessional of Walt to haul the 2 bodies around! They might as well have been tied to truck top.
1. Walt stops by the land owner Lizzie's to show her photos of the deceased men.
2. Walt stops by the Red Pony to see if Henry's there.
3. Walt goes to his own house after hearing Henry was there, to show him the bodies.
Don't ya think that's too much corpse carting instead of driving em to a hospital? Having driven across WY 3 times, it IS a rural state, yet Walt had photos, he did not need to drive the bodies all over to make an ID...

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Thought that was kinda weird too. My hubby loves this show, but I wouldn't watch if anything else was on...and I mean anything else..lol!!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Caught this tonight and agree it's a good Sunday night show. Longmire seems like a "hands-on" DYI kinda guy, so I can see him hauling the bodies out to the res to be identified. Within the construct of the show, it makes sense.

He seems to like driving long stretches in the Sheriff truck.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oh shoot I forgot about this one, is it a new show or rerun?

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Umm, I think reruns? I watched the pilot and the dead-Indians in the truck episode is on now. The commercial just said the two final (new) shows are on next week.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm late to watching this show and caught the first episode on rerun this morning. I'm liking it more and more. Missed the episode with the 2 dead bodies being hauled around so I can't comment on that one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
new show tonight, I was surprised.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I was too. I don't want to like Mathias, but I kinda do. The Jacob guy...where have I seen him before?

Henry was not in this episode enough and I still think Branch is super hot.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Escapee ~ A Martinez (Jacob) has been around forever and it's great to see him again. I can't really come up with any one specific show/movie for you. Check him out on IMDB.

I'm starting to like all the characters, Mathias included, as we get to know them better. Vic really bugged me at first but now I find her humorous. Love Lou Diamond Phillips character.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I like Vic. She's not overly pretty, or thin, but she's cool, confident, funny, and smart. I love her as an actress. She looks a lot like my little Sister.

Why is Longmire's secretary always so hostile toward him?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
A Martinez was a Soap Star. He won an emmy in 1984 for playing Cruz on Santa Barbara.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0553436/bio

STILL haven't caught an ep of Longmire. I do hope to at some point.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Vic has a sharp sense of humor, she's smart, cool, and confident. And she takes no bull crap from no one.

I don't think Walt's secretary is always so hostile towards him. I think she's just always trying to keep him in line. Cover his butt, you know? Cuz I think she wants to be sure he's still sheriff and not Branch!

Mathias seems to have mellowed somewhat. Then again, HE was covering his OWN butt this episode.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Totally agree with Costa about the secretary.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"STILL haven't caught an ep of Longmire. I do hope to at some point."

Be aware that Sunday, Aug 12th, is the season finale. This first season only had 10 episodes.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok. Thx.

March

10-02-2003

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
Can someone tell me what happened at the end of the last show? I had dvr'd it and it cut off right at the end when the det. from Denver was going to say something.
Thanks

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
March, the same thing happened to me. That episode is re-airing on Sunday morning, 8/19 at 7am (PST).

I'm recording it again so I can catch the last minute. I even added a few minutes to the end of my new recording just in case it runs long again.)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Apparently Longmire's wife was murdered; stabbed to death. They found the man who did it buried in a shallow grave. He asked Longmire if he killed the man. Longmire said no, but it seems as though maybe he knew something about it because he suddenly quit being so obsessive about them finding the man who killed his wife.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh gee...I forgot to watch Sunday's episode this week.

Thanks for reminding me! :-)