TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 20, 2013 users admin

Nan

09-25-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
I think Molly Quinn (Alexis) is such a great actor...as are all of the characters on this show. Didn't watch last night...sounds pretty intense, but good. We actually record Castle, and then both of our sons come out when we get a night everyone can come, order Pizza and watch Castle. Love the show

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I love that, Nan. My daughter (who is almost 16) and I usually watch Castle together too - it is kind of a family thing for us.

Nan

09-25-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
That's so great Roxip....I cherish our "family things", too. Plus I just love having the guys home for an evening! And to top it off it is such a great show.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else think that Alexis is the target and that Sarah was taken along for the ride? If they hadn't taken Sarah, no one would have known that there had been a kidnapping at all. Sarah's bodyguard is the only thing that clued them to the abduction.

Also, the "I am your father" line didn't sound like Castle to me. Unless he was just breathing heavy.

Nan

09-25-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
Okay, now I am getting anxious to see this. Come on Friday evening!!!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
The voice that was saying "I am your father" in the preview -- I don't think that was Castle talking. I think this is the reveal of Castle's real father. My two cents.

On a related note, on a flight out of Burbank last year, Molly Quinn was on my flight. She is just as gorgeous in person.

ETA: or it was Darth Vader. ;-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I haven't read anything about the episode and haven't watched yet. But I did see it's a two-parter, so I think I'm going to hold it on my DVR until Sunday night or Monday after work. That way I won't have to wait a week to see what happens.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of agree with Bonza...I got the idea that it was Castle's father speaking to him.

I still think the other girl was the target because the kidnappers are Arabic.

Ronda

07-20-2009

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronda a private message Print Post    
WOW!!! Tonight was one of the BEST Castle's..... I will not spoil it, but WOW!!!!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Oh, I missed it. I will have to pick up on our On Demand. So excited about Dallas, completely forgot about Castle!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a great episode, and definitely kept you on your seat until the last minute!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I loved this episode. And I also love that they chose James Brolin as his dad. It had a very touching final 10 minutes...even the two of them running into the embassy had me all verklempt. I really hope there's some way they can bring Dad back for more episodes...CIA & NYPD in some kind of group effort to take someone else down maybe?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually had to run it backward from the point where Castle rescued her to the Embassy scene. It was so good I wanted to watch it twice.

I kept thinking "If it wasn't about Alexis then Castle would be just eating this stuff up!" He lives for that kind of spy stuff...but of course it was HIS daughter and (in television time of course) it was REAL LIFE.

Loved James Brolin. He has aged well.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Watched both parts tonight. I hate two parters.

Really good!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I confess that I almost didn't watch the two parter for a few reasons. I generally don't like "big special episodes" where a member of the team or a family member is put into danger. There is often too much angst and cheesy over-acting on the part of the regulars.

However, this was a great episode. I throughly enjoyed it. The acting was good and the writing was excellent and fairly unpredictable. Very cool that it involved Castle's father and that Alexis was truly the main target. Also, the way they got her out was clever. All in all a great episode.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was funny, on last night's episode of The Middle Frankie (the mom) kept talking about Castle, and trying to get her husband to watch it "It's a great show, Mike."

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
ROFL, Roxie.

James Brolin did look good for his age. Alexis was the real target, right..... or did I not understand it. Or..did she become the target after the fact?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Alexis was always the real target.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
They took the other girl because they needed someone who would make international headlines so that Castle's father would find out that Alexis had been taken.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just caught up on Castle...wow those last 2 episodes were intense! I had to watch them back to back as I had to know what happened, why Alexis was in Paris. lol Very well done. Love this show.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Now that they're dating I really wish they'd call each other Kate and Rick rather than Castle and Beckett.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought last night's episode was spooky! I loved how nonchalant she was about the whole thing and who freaked out he was. Kind of a cute break from the intensity of the past two episodes.

He called her Kate on his bucket list. I think by calling themselves by their last names they are still trying to keep themselves from looking too intimate in public, and also protecting a little bit of themselves at the same time.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the explanations Jimmer and Jmm. Makes sense.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Last night's show really creeped (is that a word?)me out. I enjoyed the show, but it did scare me. Of course one of my dogs had to bark at the door when no one was there which added to my uneasiness.

IMO, this is one of the few shows that has had the main characters get together after a few seasons of sexual tension, that actually is making it work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Creeped me out too. Hate it when my dogs go off with no apparent reason!