TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 04, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On the EAST coast, tonight's Revolution is pre-empted tonight for a special on the bombing. It may air on the West Coast. The Voice is still meant to air.

At the moment Fox and CBS have said no changes to the schedule, ABC are saying no changes right now but they have a live DWTS broadcast which might have to be changed in some ways.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Dipo Arrow should have it's own heading where you can find out what we have thought about it so far. I watch it through Hulu and still have 3 episodes to watch.

Ok I looked and we never started one for Arrow :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching "The Nerdist" on BBCA? It's the most unusual and fun talk show, and the host is Chris Hardwick, the same guy who hosts "The Talking Dead". (the Walking Dead after show)
It's already in season 2 and I am so disappointed I didn't hear about it for season 1.

Anyway, it's a blast, and the new eps air on Saturday nights.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tonight's Vegas is being moved to Saturday night at 8pm (because of a show on the Boston bombings).

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kitt, for the update on Vegas.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I am must say I am so gratefully relieved that the marathon bomber was taken alive between 8pm and 9pm EST tonight! But I am curious? Our whole Friday evening programming was devoted to covering the day-long search and final recovery of the perpetrator. What happens on the West Coast?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We're screwed, LOL. TV was a mess last night, not much was on and stuff on the network was at times different than advertised in the TV guide

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saw a bunch of TNT commercials for all the June premieres!! Major Crimes, Perception, Rizzoli and Isles, Franklin and Bash. I can't wait.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh that must be why Grimm was a repeat

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think everything is a repeat (not because of the news coverage) until May Sweeps start. These two weeks in April (or three) are pretty dead so they can pull out all the stops for sweeps and lead up to season finales.

Oh I miss the days when it was less expensive to produce good tv and we got many, many more episodes per season than we do now. Makes it hard to stick to shows.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Top of the Lake on Sundance was excellent, excellent. Joan Campion is one wonderfully weird lady. Elizabeth Moss was great. Catch the one-season series if you can.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I miss the days when new programing started in the fall and quit in the spring. You had reruns all summer and that was the way it was. lol Nowadays, programs start and stop whenever they feel like it. At least it seems that way to me.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like having new shows to watch all year round. : )

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was sudden and surprising when NBC announced Ann Curry was leaving the Today show last year, but, I didnt realize it was done with such purpose and meaness! She has written a book about it....
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ann-Curry-Today-Show-Professional-Torture-1064189.aspx?obref=obinsite

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm old-school with Lazylu. September to May with a few weeks in maybe December, around the Holidays, where we had specials instead of regular programming. But we weren't left wondering when the next episode was on. Then in the Summer, we went outside and did stuff like played Kick the Can or StatueMaker. LOL. Do kids play games like that anymore? (Oops, I may have just taken it off topic...no need to answer). :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Back in the 'good old days' we also only had 3 channels plus PBS. No thanks. I like summer series. I need something to relax to after I come in from mowing the lawn. (And no, kids don't play kick the can anymore, not that I know of -- they ride bikes and scooters.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am actually going to forgo a couple of my favorite shows on Thursday night to record Joy Behar on Current TV channel. She is going to have on Christina Crawford (Joan's Daughter). "Mommie Dearest" movie came out when I was in school, so I never really saw interviews with her. I am so curious about her.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I've been enjoying The Bletchley Circle on PBS. It's about four women who come together to solve a crime about a serial killer. Fantastic acting and terrific writing!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oh, I've wanted to see that one, Windowbox. I didn't realize it was airing. Glad to know it is good. I'll check the PBS website to see if I can watch online.

Naja, how was the Christina Crawford interview? I read that book way back when. I think I was in high school.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Naja, yes the PBS has it online! I'll be interested to know what you think about it! Even though it is about a serial killer, it is not gratuitous in violence. I love the interaction between the four women and how they connect with each other as well as how women lived during the late 40's after the war.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, the interview as great! I thought maybe the hatred of her mom would have worn off a little by now, but it still seems pretty strong.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Whoops! Rieann, meant to use your name not Naja's. So sorry for the oversight!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
No problem! :-)

Right now I am only finding episode 2 up. It looks like they take the prior episode down once a new one airs. Since episode 3, airing Sunday, is the season finale I'm hoping they will put all three up again. Or maybe they will air all three the following Sunday. In my searching I found that they will be having a 2nd season. Yay!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
That's great news on the renewal for another season for The Bletchley Circle! Rieann, I haven't watched the first episode either for the same reason you mentioned, but I jumped right into the second one and am really enjoying it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The episodes are now available on Amazon Instant Video (1.99 per ep). Yay! As I'm feeling puny today it will be nice to hunker down and watch the first two episodes before tomorrow.