TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: NCIS: Archive through April 23, 2013 users admin

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Anyone know the name of the song and the artist that played at the end of tonight's NCIS?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved the ending showing Ziva mourning her father in Israel. I especially loved the scenes that showed her picking the olives and planting an olive tree. Wonder if Vance is gone for good? Will Gibbs be able to get along with the deputy director? I thought the deputy director from NCIS Los Angeles was the only deputy director. Guess they have a deputy for every region.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Oh, I hope Greg Jerman isn't the new director. He's too jittery and indecisive.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Taysmom - I googled and found this:

"Its Patty Griffin and its called 'Not Alone'...the same words Tony says to Ziva in Hebrew before she boards the plane"

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Thanks Bonza!

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, Bonzacat.

I was so disappointed that Mrs. Vance is gone. She added that real family side of the job that Gibbs' team does not have. The demise of Ducky's mom did not have the same effect on me.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting that Vance seemed to understand why Gibbs had taken revenge on the man who had killed his wife and daughter. And Gibbs' response, when Vance asked why he shouldn't do the same, was perfect when he looked over at the children waiting for their dad.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I still don't get the significance of the jar of olives.
Ziva plaanted an olive tree in Israel and picked someolives off a tree, but she couldn't have eaten the olives until they had been processed.
Can someone enlighten me?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think it is a Jewish custom to plant a tree in memory of a departed loved one. The significance of picking the olives? That I don't know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Great marathon today of the old shows, with Kate. I don't even remember how they end, LOL.

Marebear

09-27-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marebear a private message Print Post    
Catfat - from what I understood about the jar of olives is that both of the men (Ziva's father and the other guy) lived together when growing up on either side of this olive grove where the olives came from. So they shared their childhood and always knew that even though they were on different sides politically, they were still childhood friends and brought together with the olives from their childhood.
I guess I thought at the end that Ziva was in the olive grove near where her father grew up, and by eating the olive and planting the tree she forgave him.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I once visited Spain and was told that grandparents plant olive trees for their grandchildren. It takes that long to grow fruit. Perhaps the two men decided to share the fruit from the tree that grew up with them?

Agree that the significance is not clear to me. I watched the show again, but still not sure.

Shocker76

05-24-2007

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shocker76 a private message Print Post    
I really wish NCIS would get some of the acclaim that many of the Cable shows receive. The stories are always crisp with characters that we have all grown to love. Maybe being the #1 show is a curse!

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Two things about NCIS:

1) New episode tonight - Squall
A massive storm brings the NCIS team aboard the USS Borealis, where everyone becomes a suspect once the crime scene proves that Mother Nature wasn't the only culprit. Tension builds when McGee discovers that his estranged father, Navy Admiral John McGee (Jamey Sheridan), was on board during the incident on the next episode of NCIS.

2) There's a new Mossad Boss (and it's a familiar face to ST:TNG fans:
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-ncis-beams-

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Darn, I can't get that link to work.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Me either Dipo. Guess I will just have to wait until tonight or maybe there was more to the link and it got cut off.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just checked imdb and Jamey Sheridan was the captain on Law and Order: Criminal Intent for a few years. He's also going to be on two episodes of Samash. The first one is tonight.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roteach! I could not place where I saw Jamey Sheridan before. Of course it was Law & Order, CI but I never would have remembered if you hadn't posted.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-ncis-beams-mossad-boss-000000549.html
Is the correct link from above. Sorry.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I could not place where I saw Jamey Sheridan before."

This guy really gets around!

I always remember him as the star of the early 1990s Stephen King mini-series, "The Stand," in which he played the evil Randall Flagg.

He was also the Vice President on "Homeland" where he was killed by Brodie.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo! Love the choice for the new Mosad director!!!

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
OMG! OMG!! Did anybody watch tonight??

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
what happened?? I am taping it later.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
They can't be dead !!!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Dipo, an amazing ending. That's all I will say. Nyeratheart, I watched. Wow is all I can say.