TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 04, 2013 users admin

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Good new episode tonight...Penny searching for her "passion" and Amy presenting a "solution" for Sheldon's compulsive need for closure.

I was very curious to see what Amy would do, since I suffer from the same compulsive need for closure! However, even as she was implementing, I knew it wouldn't work, and I was way ahead on guessing the ending, maybe because it was what I would have done myself. I once was treated with "cognitive behavioral therapy" for OCD contamination issues, and it didn't work, partly because I would practice "neutralization" after the fact--I would engage in an action/activity that would help me feel "clean" again. And I was SO hoping that Amy really would come up with a solution so that I could try it myself.

Funniest moment however had to be when Sheldon, fraught with emotion over being prevented from completion, said to Amy that you've never felt this, have you, this overpowering emotion when you can't get to what you want. Amy's look was priceless!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
The opening Rant about Firefly and Buffy and Heroes was so dead on.....I could have written it. And how Penny could not like Buffy......

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
This year's shows haven't done it for me, although I'm a big fan of the series. I don't know if they have new writers or if they've just run out of new material or what. Amy is awesome, no question. But I think they need to have Sheldon consider slipping it to her, or introduce a love rival for her consideration, or introduce Leonard's father or something. Not really feeling Raj's new girlfriend - he needs someone to kick his ass. Bernie needs to try and update Howard's game, too. Take away his dickies and Beatle haircut and watch him convulse. Just me thinking.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Amy is awesome, no question. But I think they need to have Sheldon consider slipping it to her...

GAL, ya cracked me up! If it does happen, I'm sure a TRUCKLOAD of Purell would be involved.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
LOL Riann. True enough.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought this episode was very entertaining. Oh, and I like Raj's new girlfriend. They were made for each other.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I like Raj's new girlfriend too. I love that she appreciates his "feminine" side and didn't like the new 'macho" version of Raj.

PS I like the idea of introducing a rival for Amy--or we meet Leonard's father.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Loved all the shout-outs to geekdom TV shows in this episode. And Sheldon's OCD. The look Amy gave Sheldon when he remarked about not getting what you want. Priceless!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm with Christy ~ How could Penny NOT love Buffy?!

Amy is so making the show for me this season. She just has to get a look on her face and it's classic! And I also like the GF for Raj. Who else would get him?!

My only complaint about last night were the number of commercials. YIKES! You can tell this show is a hit because they advertised for every other show on their network all in that one half hour!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Wow, cool catch about all the commercials, Kappy! I guess I was so busy thinking about the show and trying to (correctly) second-guess the ending, that for once I didn't notice the ads!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DVR'S ARE FROM HEAVEN...NO COMMERCIALS.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Bob Newhart is a god. And watching Sheldon geek out over him was hilarious. I hope they have him back.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I thought it was very good. Quite funny!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
GREAT episode! Newhart still has it!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Missed the first 10 minutes, darn it. I remember my dad playing old comedy albums from the '60s, including Bob Newhart's, when I was a kid.

Sheldon didn't even tell him he was sitting in his spot, did he?!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I heard on some entertainment show that Bob will be back for 2 more guest appearances next season!

And, Calamity, I think you are right about Sheldon's "spot"...I guess Sheldon was so carried away that it overrode even that!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I loved Penny asking Professor Proton whether they could generate enough energy from potatoes to solve the world energy crisis ... and the way the Professor looked at her as he said, "No."

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Bob Newhart?! Wow, I haven't watched yet and not sure when I'll get to even turn my TV on this weekend, but I can't wait to see this episode so I might just have to find time somewhere.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
That'd be terrific if he returns, Beth. He & Sheldon (Prof. Proton, Jr) had great comedic chemistry. That wasn't intended to be a pun.

I also thought the pep talk Sheldon & Leonard gave him was sweet too, about how he'd no doubt inspired so many people to become interested in science, some even pursuing careers. The same could be said for Mr. Newhart & comedy, I reckon!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Fun episode! Bob Newhart is great. I loved Penny in awe of the potato too, Daydreamer.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I kept thinking also about the parallels between 2 scientists meeting their childhood idol, and perhaps 2 comic actors also meeting a comic actor idol.

It's left me wondering though, like Penny, how *does* a potato make a clock run?

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Beth, I don't know exactly how a potato can generate electric energy and power a clock, but I do know it has something to do with the phosphorus in a potato (or the phosphoric acid?), which is activated when you stick metal nails into the potato. Apparently you can also generate electricity from the acid in a lemon.

If anyone here watched the first season of the reality show "Big Brother," I remember one of the tasks the housemates had to accomplish was to build a potato clock; if they couldn't, they hd no way of telling the time ... (They managed to do it; all season they had a clock with a potato on the kitchen counter.)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
How Potato Batteries Work
Kidzworld

P.S. Happy Free Comic Book day!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too remember on Big Brother when they had the potato clock.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Loved seeing Bob Newhart. He does still have it. :-)

ETA: Woot, I'm post #1,000.