TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through April 29, 2013 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Vickie! I don't need to view it on a kindle of xbox.

I've been thinking of switching to Netflix and/or Amazon Prime, or Roku, or something. I am fed up with paying the sky high prices for cable.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Hulu plus is only nice if you want to watch it on other devises other than your computer. Since you know you can hook your laptop up to your tv for viewing paying for it doesn't make sense. I gave up dish years ago for this on-line viewing and save hundreds of dollars each year.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Vickie, do you know if I can hook up a desktop? I don't have a laptop, but my desktop is an all in one (the computer is inside the monitor).

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I can ask at Best Buy when I go to get the HDMI cable.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Smokey there you go I would not have any idea how to do that unless you went wi-fi. That too would work. Best buy would be a great place to check.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
So, it's back Monday! :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes! So excited! I liked something on facebook and now I'm following Cady McClain on there. She posts tons of stuff about it. Really good info.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes! So excited! I liked something on facebook and now I'm following Cady McClain on there. She posts tons of stuff about it. Really good info.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Darn I missed seeing AMC people on the View! I did see an amazing promo for the show online where we see David vowing revenge!! And here in Canada, we are so very lucky to be able to the show on tv on the F/X channel!!!
http://www.fxcanada.ca/showlist.php

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Cable,

See if this link works for you. They don't come on until the 19 min mark.

THE VIEW

Mon-Fri 2:00 am pdt/5:00am edt

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
So, in order to view AMC on my TV, all I need is a HDMI cord from my desk top to my TV?

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Couldn't wait to watch. So nice to see most of the people again. Lots of new ones and trying to figure out who they are, but it was good to see my show again. Going back to bed now, hope you all enjoy the show.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Longbeach you do have choices and that would be one if you have your desk top near the tv. Both would have to have a HDMI slot to plug into.

Good luck I just watched all of AMC & am half way through OLTL.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
What we can expect:
Can Agnes Nixon woo Susan Lucci to the new All My Children?

1. Fresh faces When AMC returns, it will feature a variety of new characters, including Francesca James (who previously played Kelly and Kitty Tyler) as Evelyn Johnson, Daniel Covin as high school bad boy Hunter and Heather Roop as coffee shop owner Jane McIntyre. The time jump and hiatus between seasons has also resulted in many old characters being recast, most notably the role of JR Chandler, who will now be played by Ryan Bittle. "All I can do is do what I see and my interpretation, and be honest with who I am and what I can bring. And hopefully fans are going to be able to relate to that and understand that," Bittle said of replacing Jacob Young.

2. Heightened sex appeal "It's a little more risqué now. There's a lot that we can do [online] that we couldn't really do on daytime television," said Paula Garces, who plays crime-fighter Lea Marquez. So will we see Garces show some skin this season? "Yeah ... I mean, come on. I work with Zach Slater!" she said, hinting at a possible future romance. But Garces won't be the only one showing off her sexy side. Before the premiere's opening credits even roll, two characters may get down and dirty — and at work, no less!

3. A balance of old and new Longtime fans have nothing to worry about. The influx of new characters won't displace the vets to supporting roles. Angie and Jesse Hubbard, David Hayward, Brooke English and all the returning favorites will feature heavily throughout the season. Jill Larson, who plays Opal, has faith that the age range within the show will translate to its audience, as well. "As is true to our reputation, we are dealing with some tough, contemporary issues, as AMC has always been known for," Larson said. "It could still be the kind of material that brings generations together, that kids can talk about with their parents and their grandparents. They'll just be watching it independently, rather than around the same TV."

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm such a dork... I started blubbering while watching this first episode. It's just so HUGE and a bit emotional to me seeing it brought back from the dead... literally.

Can't wait for the next episodes so I can begin to piece together what happened 5 years ago (because obviously it's not what I remember), and who some of these young characters are.

I'm curious how this thread will work since it's not based on a set air-time, too ... when can we start specifically talking about what we saw? (Because I have questions!)

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Ok... so that was the Kitty/Kelly actress... That's what I wanted to ask! Can't believe I recognized her. :-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Rslover--thanks for that link it worked. So good to see Vincent and Thorsten and hear them talk about their characters.

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I missed something completely but where can I watch this? thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, where do you watch the show?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I am watching on Hulu.com I do not pay for the hulu plus.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I watched it and was blown away. Seeing Brooke holding the old old red book, which I think is a photo album, was so nice. Seeing Adam was amazing, and Opal, David and Angie.It felt as if an old friend had come back. A friend I had missed so much.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Glad it worked for you cable.

If you all want to block the ads, dl admuncher for a free trial. It's fantastic. LINK

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Rslover, since adding admuncher, hulu stopped playing AMC for me grrrrrr

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
It played the first part of AMC, than, it stopped an ad, than didn't start playing again.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I tried on freeHulu. I got 4 ad pop ups but ads didn't play. I walked away from the computer ....lame back 7-10 mins later and started to log off Hulu when part 2 started playing. But then the ad pop ups showed up again.