TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 26, 2013 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My daughter deleted my recording of Person of Interest this week. Yes, she's still alive. But now I'm so angry that I cannot find anywhere to watch it. If anyone knows a safe location, please send me a PM. It is not on CBS nor is it on demand.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, are you sure it's not retrievable on your DVR?

I've only used TIVO, but when I delete a show, it goes into the "Recently Deleted" file and stays there until the DVR needs the hard disk space to record other programs. If I want it permanently deleted I need to manually tell it to "Permanently Delete"...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Something gave me the idea Lou, the old guy, might now be a permanent part of the cast the way the Asian guy is -- shows up occasionally?

Sfj, don't ya just looove TiVo? I do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, check your Email.

For the second time this year, my Comcast DVR recorded only 1 minute of POI. I have no idea why it does that, but it is very frustrating!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
SanFran, -- I don't think it's possible to retrieve a deleted program on comcast DVR's, but even if it was, she deleted the scheduled recording, just as it was getting ready to start, so that she could change the channel to some dumb cartoon!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna -- I'm wondering if that site is down because it's bringing up a godaddy logo. I'll try again later. I'll keep looking. I don't want to download ilivid, which I've found needed for some sites.

CBS and the makes of POI really need to get on the ball here. If anyone wanted to start watching this show from scratch and get caught up, there is no where to do that. They have no means to lure in new viewers. Really not very media savvy in this day and age.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I got that too this morning when I was looking for it, so I wasn't going to send it. And then the next time I tried it came right up. So I would keep trying.

I watched directly on my Mac without loading any software, and I had tried several other sites (that also don't require downloading anything) but the video was downloading so slowly it would have taken hours to watch it. It just keep stopping....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna!
It's a bit slow to load, so I've just been pausing periodically and taking a break. But still SO happy I'm able to get caught up. THANKS!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I know how much I hated it when my DVR punked out on me on this show... TWICE! So I know how you feel!

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
POI fans are the best

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Interesting episode. Now I'm worried about Detective Carter. I wonder if her male friend will somehow redeem himself and come to her rescue in some way, or if he'll turn out to be a really bad guy.

And loved seeing Miles from Lost again. Love how he keeps showing up because they need to rescue him and how he helps them in return.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I like his character too.

I can't remember the earlier epis with Carter's fella. Did they ever prove he was dirty, or is he being set up by HR?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't think we ever saw any evidence about her male friend -- just the warning from the FBI to stay away from him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I vaguely remember an epi before that where he was doing something or talking to someone about something. LoL. Not very helpful, am I?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I had to go look it up. Cal is the godson of the head of HR, Quinn.

At the station, Fusco checks with a fellow detective, Olson, who has worked with Cal in the past. Olson admits that Cal had expensive tastes and might have been on the take, but admits that he can't prove anything.

snip

Carter is at her desk reviewing the files on Abyy and Shawn. When Cal checks with her, Carter tells him about Donnelly's officer and Cal suggests that she take it. Carter worries that it would mean leaving New York and uprooting her son. As they talk, Cal gets a call and Fusco, listening from nearby, clones it.

The Machine monitors Cal's phone and registers that he's received a call from Quinn requesting a meeting in the park.

Fusco follows Cal to the park and watches as he meets with his godfather, Quinn. Quinn wants crime reports about Crown Heights and Cal tells him that a Russian mobster, Peter Yogarov, is trying to gain new territory since Elias kicked him out of Brighton Beach. Simmons secretly comes up behind Fusco, startles him, and says that he's been keeping on eye on the detective. The cop figures that Fusco is concerned about Cal because of his involvement with Carter. Fusco points out that he's worried about Carter because Simmons crossed the line and dropped the anonymous tip about how Fusco killed Davidson. The detective warns Simmons that it's getting to the point that he doesn't care what Simmons threatens him with, but Simmons tells him to go home. When Fusco asks why he's in the park near Quinn, Simmons ignores him.

So it's been suggested he might be dirty, but it's not clear.

http://www.tv.com/shows/person-of-interest-2011/shadow-box-2609995/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Great show last night, but because of the hiatus I couldn't even remember who killed Cal. Did he die in an undercover drug buy gone bad or did his godfather have him murdered?

And what's up with Carter taking Bear?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Carter took Bear to sniff up the body to move it for Fusco. There was mud on Bear's feet as they walked out of the office.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ooooohhhh... thanks Jen. I didn't notice the mud on Bear's feet. I just assumed that the older policeman in HR (the one that is always ragging on Fusco) moved the body.

I'm still nervousin' that we are going to lose Fusco this season. I just don't see him surviving this IA investigation. I think IA will either bring him down or HR will have him assassinated.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Cal's godfather (and that cop head of HR) paid one of Cal's informants to tell him where a deal was going down. When the informant went in, something went wrong (planned) and Cal ran in to help him. Then they opened up on Cal.

I don't think they'll do Fusco in. All the fans love him. I think the "team" will do what they need to in order to save him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar... now it's coming back to me. I hate these 3-4 week breaks between shows.

I hope you are right that Fusco makes it. I read an article in TV Guide at the beginning of the season that someone may not "make it" through the entire season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe that was Cal?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, was Cal on the show at the beginning of the season? I got the impression from the article that it would be a "regular" who didn't make it. Now it could be Root, because this is her second season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He first appeared in episode 8, Season 2, aired in November 2012. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hope they help Fusco -- his character's transformation is such a big part of the show. I would not be happy with his demise. I was surprised that Cal was killed off, so hopefully that's the character the article was alluding to.

Love that Carter moved the body with Bear's help. Question is -- where'd she put it?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know how Carter did it or where she put it, but I am glad she did do it.

Don't kill Fusco!