TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grimm: Archive through April 20, 2013 users admin

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, thanks for the info on the end of the show! So cool that Nick now has a new super power!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This is the only TV show my 12 yo son watches with us or anyone. He's is on the Spectrum and would rather be playing video games. He has a pretty severe bug phobia (I once had to stop the car to let a fly out, he was freaking out about it). This was a really tough episode for him (and us) to watch. Ugh!!!

Kappy, good theory. I was really surprised when the "ghost" turned out to be Nick.

I also wondered how they were going to explain the dead guy's missing eye when the police showed up. Double ick!!! With the worms in the eyes, I felt like I was watching an episode of House for a minute there.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So are we to assume that what Juliette is seeings as "ghosts" are really just snippets of her memory returning?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I feel like Juliette is experiencing something from what they drank (or some other influence from a blutbad or creature). It doesn't seem like it's just her memory returning, at least not to me.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hadn't thought about it being a memory, it seemed more menacing to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I sort of thought that maybe the juice was awakening some power that she had, but did not know about.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It seemed menacing to me, too, but when it finally became obvious that she was seeing Nick and not just a amorphous bluish blob of light, it struck me that it must've been a memory because it surely wasn't Nick himself.

You did see how that bluish wavering light suddenly turned into the shape of Nick standing there looking at her, right? When she saw that she said, "Nick?".

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't see that, as you may have noticed, paying full attention to the tv isn't my strong suit! I'll have to pay more attention next time. Sounds like it could be the memories coming back then.

But what about the big gaping hole in the ground when she first got home?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I figured the big hole was just a hallucination from the potion she drank.

Of course, for all we know, the light might be a shapeshifting wessen that can take the form of others.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt - here are three screenshots from the episode. Right after Juliette saw this "apparition" she said "Nick?". However when I got these screenshots it occurred to me that it looked "off" (unlike Nick somehow)...then I realized his hair is different- it's combed back instead of hanging over one side of his his forehead.

Nick's regular hair:
nick
(above image from: LINK to xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/)

Now I wonder if that apparition is supposed to be Nick's father or another Grimm ancestor or something!

Also, this apparition was holding a flashlight and it was only when he lowered the flashlight that you could make out that it was figure and had distinct features that appear to be Nick's.

nick-apparition1
nick-apparition2
nick-apparition3
(images are screenshots from the Sandman episode)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the different hair is to show us it's not present-Nick, but past-Nick, the one Juliette lived with for years, which reinforces your theory that it's old memories coming back. Strange he's holding a flashlight, it looks a bit like he's been woken up in the middle of the night and is wondering what the noise is.

(thanks for taking the time to get the screencaps!)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw how it was Nick. But, they aren't showing it like it's coming from inside her, like a memory would. It's outside of her. It is just really strange if this is how they are portraying her memory returning.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone in the SF Bay Area... due to stoopid sports, tonight's new episode is on Channel 36 KICU not NBC11 KNTV.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That's channel 706 in HD (KICU).

I set a season pass for Grimm on both NBC and the local independent channel, 706 (KICU) last year when this happened. I had no idea Grimm would be on channel 706 this week, but my TIVO remembered!

(Since it never airs on both those stations at the same time, the second season pass for Grimm on a different channel never conflicts with anything else I'm recording.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'll have to do that too. Last year I got caught up on hulu so didn't notice it did the channel flipping thing. I think the only show that I've seen do that before is Big Brother, which sometimes switches to the CW. Shame TiVos/DVRs aren't clever enough to find the shows on their own!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
You can instruct the Comcast DVR to record a certain show on "all channels." Of course, you stand to get a whole bunch of unwanted shows if the other channels don't specify if it is a new episode or a repeat.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
After seeing the newest episode, it occurred to me that Nick must have gotten a haircut or maybe just changed his hairstyle because it's no longer covering his forehead like it used to. I assume this new "off-the-forehead look" has been like this all season and I just failed to notice it was different from last season until I saw the ghostly image of him.

And it seems that Juliette is equating the ghostly images she's been seeing with her memory returning. Didn't they figure out that she was seeing Nick in the trailer reading or doing some research?

I think I remember that Nick had been telling her the truth of what was going on (Grimm/Wesen, etc...) and had taken her to the trailer to show her some artifacts shortly before she lost her memory.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's how I remember it too, she was kind of in shock from what she had seen when the cat thing happened.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
They did a Farscape shout out/easter egg!!! At the end of the episode when it showed the cop that was impersonating Jenna shutting down her laptop, it showed her username as AerynSun, which was the lead female character on my favorite sci-fi show of the last 20 years, Farscape. I had to pause it to confirm what I was seeing, but there it was. Very, very cool.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
last nite was supposed to be a new ep but I got a rerun. Did anyone else?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think everything was pre-empted last night. Before the show they said that this week's episode would move to next week, but now the show's moved to Tuesdays I don't know if it means it will be on Fri 26th or Tues 30th. Have to wait and see.

For future looking up purposes, this week's episode was episode 218, "Ring of Fire," so that's the one we're missing. Ep 219, "Endangered" was scheduled for Tues 30th.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Tvguide shows Grimm on the next two Fridays...So I don't know about the Tuesdays it didn't show them then.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read that "Ready for Love" has been canceled effective immediately, so Grimm will be taking its Tuesday night time slot. I think that's good news for Grimm. They're moving it out of the Friday night morgue and into real prime time. Hopefully that means it's getting decent ratings.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This is from the "Cancellations & Renewed" forum here on TVC, courtesy of Kitt:

Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello 30m

NBC Moves GRIMM to Tuesday, Cancels READY FOR LOVE

Cancellation is effective immediately, Grimm will move on Tuesday April 30th (at 10pm) and remain there through May 21st.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Grimm was preempted here, Pamy, for a special on the bombers. I presume that's why you got a rerun in your time zone.