TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 14, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Does anyone use Netflix? And if so what do you think of it? I have absolutely no idea how many gigs could be sucked up for a movie so I am up in the air about whether to subscribe.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I use it. My daughter streams movies and TV shows all the time. Does it while I'm on the computer (she streams to the TV Blu Ray player or to the kindle) and I don't notice any impact.

We also use the mail order DVD because there are many films that are only on DVD. Netflix still has a limited streaming collection IMO.

I'm happy with it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
We use Netflix all the time. As far as I know, it doesn't use any computer space at all for the regular movies/tv shows. Not sure how it works if you purchase the newest release movies for the extra fees.

We recently got Apple TV so we can watch Netflix on our regular tv and also mirror anything we are watching on computer to our TV. It's nice to be able to watch online shows on the bigger screen so easily.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice that mo DVD is an option here, just the streaming. My husband is interested mainly for current movies but if they aren't that up to date he may be waiting the same time frame as it is for them to come on The Movie Network. Frankly I think we should watch less TV!! lol Thanks Brenda for the info.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Jasper, you are in Canada? MAJOR difference between what is available in the USA and Canada. Last year I sat down one with a piece of paper and searched for a bunch of movies and tv series i would be interested in watching (was trying to determine if the membership would be worth it), I got up to 86 (EIGHTY-SIX!!!!) titles before I gave up. Every once in awhile I check again because I still think it's a great concept but Canadian selection is currently beyond pathetic. I would recommend you do the same... make a long list of titles you would like to see and see how many are available before you sign up.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa, we'll do that, we are in Ont.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sounds like Netflix is good if you are in the USA and not good elsewhere. That's too bad.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Is Amazon Instand Video for Prime available in Canada? We use it for movies a LOT more frequently than we do our Netflix. My DH and DS use the latter primarily for TV show series that they like (HIMYM, Simpsons, etc. - not current shows). The Prime video selection is pretty good - and they rotate what is free, so it keeps us happy.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I use Netflix and live in Ontario. There are lots of movies and tv shows but I only find few worth watching. But I did get 5 seasons of Madmen to watch. The price is right and I got rid of my movie package on cable because it didn't have much that I watched, at almost triple the price of Netflix!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I don't think so Teach. I was jonesing for a kindle fire and know the inability to stream media is the reason they weren't available up here. I believe they finally/recently released the fire but with limited functionality. I gave up waiting and got an iPad so may be different now, no longer track it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I worry about the cost of the internet usuage as well. DH is really looking for current movies. I'll have to do what Brenda suggested and see if it is worth it.

Rissa I just bought an IPad last week. Love my new toy!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Cougar Town ended it's first season over on TBS this week. They kept saying during commercials that there's another season coming. Frankly, I wish there wasn't. It was the worst season ever. I nearly gave up halfway through. I think it's time to let it go. It used to be one of my favorite shows. Now it's just Monica Geller in an even more neurotic state than she ever was on Friends. I've never seen such a self-centered character who was loved by so many other characters. It lost its mojo. Time to go Cougar Town.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Bomb Girls? Loving it

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
I watch Bomb Girls. Found it completely by accident and I enjoy it!

I still love Cougar Town and hope for another season.

Anyone watching Mr. Selfridge on PBS?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oxies, I watched the first Mr. Selfridge and still have to watch the second episode before next week. I enjoyed it but I do love Masterpiece Theater.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes...also stumbled upon Bomb Girls. Good show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I love Bomb Girls, I'm glad it made it to a second season. And I have Mr Selfridge on my PVR to watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Never heard of it, what channel, when and what is the premise? TIA

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
From imdb - Centers on the real-life story of the flamboyant and visionary American founder of Selfridge's, London's department store. Starring Jeremy Piven

It's on Masterpiece Classic, shows here on Sunday nights right after Call the Midwife (which is also a great show)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks, I haven't heard of that channel so I guess I don't get it, LOL.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it's PBS. Masterpiece Classic is how you'd find the show on PBS.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 12, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oh, LOL, thanks, I get that one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is this show Arrow? I am watching it on WGN, I don't think I ever heard of it before, it is kind of interesting, has it been around for a while? Does anyone know? TIA.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It started this season....a take on the Green Arrow superhero, I believe.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/arrow/

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I have watched Arrow since the beginning. So far I like it a lot.