TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through March 14, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can understand having bad vibes or a sense something is there, but for the most part, I think psychics are liars. With every ounce of my being I know James Van Praagh if a fraud, as well as all the other well known psychics. They use the same techniques that "admitted" frauds use. For instance, How come ghosts can give messages in full sentences except when it comes to their name, and then they can only give the first letter? LOL

But back to why I showed up....

I was all excited to watch the new ep of Celebrity Ghost Stories tonight, and I didn't recognize even one of the celebs. Looks like they are scraping the barrel. I hope they at least saved someone good for Halloween week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found the silliest show today on travel channel called "Destination Fear". They take people on fake paranormal investigations and scare the crap out of them....LOL It was pretty fun.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Naja, I totally agree with you about the psychics and not being able to produce a full name. I have watched these fakes and have done "readings" of my own on people just to show them how these people talk to the deceased. It's all smoke and mirrors. I hate that they manipulate and play on people's emotions.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Psychics are very good at reading peoples reactions & watching a person's body language. Sometimes people unintentionally give out info the psychic can use.

Slyvia Brown & James Van Praagh have their staff "interview" people before giving readings. Then they have the nerve to say they have never met this person and don't know anything about them. Liars.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I noticed lately GA is really taking liberties with their EVPs.

For example, last night they came up with an entire sentence from what sounded like a stifled sneeze from a little old lady.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't joking but I guess it is pretty funny....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I recorded a two part series on BIO called "My Little Terror". The synopsis said it was series about problem children.

Problem children was an understatement....LMAO!

It was a series about people who believed their toddlers were possessed by demons. It was so ridiculous. But yeah, I still watched....LOL
It was 100% re-enactments, but they they put special effects on the video to make it seem like it was real video in some parts.

Just skip it. It was so silly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night's "My Ghost Story" scared the crap out of me. I couldn't delete it from the dvr fast enough. Those photos of the woman's head coming out of the mirror an tv were horrifying!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I am glad I didn't see it. If you thought it was horrifying, I am sure it would freak me out! I've seen enough that have damaged my psyche! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We have a brand new ghost hunting show starting Friday called "Haunted Encounters". It looks like the same type of ghost hunting show as GH and GA, except they have a psychic with them. I was disappointed to see that, but I'll give it a chance.

http://www.biography.com/tv/haunted-encounters/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmm....I'm not sure what I have missed, but why is Grant back in tonight's new ep of GH? I replayed the beginning to see if they would explain it, but they didn't.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Was it a new episode? My DVR recorder did not pick it up as new.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it says "New, Christmas Spirit, s7/Ep25"

I'll go look up if for sure season 7 ep 25 is new...be right back.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha! You're right, Smokey. It's a rerun from 1 year ago, Dec 7. We are in season 8 right now. My listings are playing tricks.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I was expecting a new episode also. Started watching and thought Grant was back for a special xmas episode and then saw Amy and thought WOW she had her baby.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Yes the listings are screwed up. ( I have SuddenLink cable )
When I saw Grant I checked the cable guide & saw that it was a 2011 show but was listed as new. I watched it anyway.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 24, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It shows Wednesday as new again when it's not, and my dvr wants to record it. I keep cancelling the recording, but my DVR thinks it knows better and keeps rescheduling it. I miss my TiVo. My Tivo would obey me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This Wednesday the regular GH starts back up, and I could have sworn the commercial said we get introduced to another new member. The girl with the nose is off the tv team.

And then another new ghost hunting show premieres right after called "Ghost Mine". They combine gold mining with ghost hunting... Seems to me the ghost hunting show ideas are getting pretty thin....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If Ghost Mine gets a second season, I'll be shocked. It was silly. So now ghosts get released into the air when you mine certain kinds of rocks? OH brother.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After 2 eps of Ghost Mine, I really am bored out of my mind, and its season pass is deleted. I thought I would just check out some other forums to see how well they like it, and maybe I am being too harsh. I had enough after checking one forum. The only ones who liked it were guys who thought Kristen was the hottest chick they had ever seen on a ghost hunting show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We have another new ghost hunting show, and this one looks fun!

"Stranded" starts Wed, Feb 27, on SYFY.

http://www.syfy.com/stranded

Created by Josh Gates (Destination Truth), Stranded is an all-new reality series that documents an unconventional – and terrifying – paranormal and psychological experiment. Each episode features the self-recorded footage of a diverse group of every-day paranormal enthusiasts - from newlyweds and a brother-in-law to a trio of roommates.

Each team of three will be stranded at one of the most haunted locations in America and record the entire experience with hand-held cameras creating a suspenseful, completely unscripted first-hand account of each group's stay. Over the course of the confinement, the group will cope with increasingly pervasive feelings of fear and desolation, resulting in an experiment that represents a unique combination of psychology and the paranormal.

Stranded is executive produced by Brad Kuhlman, Casey Brumels and Josh Gates for Ping Pong Productions and Jason Blum for Blumhouse (the production company behind the Paranormal Activity feature film franchise and movies like Insidious and Sinister).

----

It reminds me of that old MTV reality show called "Fear".

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I kind of like Josh Gates, so maybe I will check it out. I wasn't really thinking that I would. Thanks for posting, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am ending up pretty much enjoying "Stranded". Mainly because there is a different crew every week. It seems how much I enjoy the show completely depends on the personalities in the crews. I really didn't enjoy the first ep, but really enjoyed the second and third.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Last night's (13 March) threesome were spooked enough to run outside. The prison was huge and I imagine the building settling and other noises would give anyone a fright.

In the two shows I watched the kitchen had lights. That's good. They can prepare meals & snacks and have a "safer" place to hang out if they get spooked.
They could sleep on the kitchen floor but I bet the producers make them sleep in the unlighted areas. Makes for better TV.