TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 09, 2013 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I don't like him as much as Matt Smith. !!!Dems fighting words!!! :-)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ack, Ack, Dipo! I David Tennant.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just saw this advertised on BBCA, 11 brand new specials to celebrate 50 years of Dr Who: "Dr Who: The Doctor Revisited.

Starts SUNday 27th, 9-11pm (not the usual DW Saturday) with The First Doctor.

(My Doctor Who Season Pass didn't pick this up... had to set it to tape manually.)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Start date for second half of the season announced: Saturday March 30th!

Same date for the UK, US and Canada.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the bit about the first Doctor Who was very interesting, but that episode must have been two hours long! I gave up after a little bit. Apparently the specials are one a MONTH, not one a week, so I guess it will be December before we get to Matt Smith.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but that episode must have been two hours long!"

That episode was THREE hours long!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
In the old days..... they did little mini series stories. So this "episode" would have been 4 or so shows.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh rats, I didn't know about this and missed it! Eleven specials...so does that mean each one will focus on a different Doctor?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah that makes sense! I thought episodes were much shorter then, only about 20 minutes or so, but the mini seasons ring a bell.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
BBCA is airing the First Doctor special right now (it repeats overnight), followed by the premiere of the Second Doctor special.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Calamity, I only noticed because it started recording itself! The new one is another 3 hour episode... not sure I will watch much of the episode itself, but the talk about the doctor before it is going to be interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 24, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Short video "for the “Prequel” to “The Bells of Saint John,” Doctor Who‘s Midseason premiere (Saturday, 8/7c on BBC America)" in the link. Cute, rather than important.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/24/doctor-who-season-7-bells-saint-john-prequel/

The Revisited episode with The Third Doctor (John Pertwee!) airs next Sunday (31st).

By the way there is a rumour/spoiler going round about Doctor Who for next year. I imagine it's going to be hard to avoid soon, but for now anyone who wants to try to remain spoiler-free probably should avoid googling anything Dr Who!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's the start of the second half season!

(The episode is followed by Orphan Black, a scifi show about clones, if anyone is interested.)

Third Doctor (John Pertwee) special is tomorrow.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the first episode with Clara (version three). I miss this show when it's not on!

Torchwood Children of Men, the entire season, is showing overnight, if anyone is interested. And there's a special on the companions tomorrow evening as well.

Trixie

02-19-2013

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixie a private message Print Post    
I also enjoyed the first episode with Clara (version three!).

The Tardis looks awesome (bigger on the inside..lol)..and I think Clara and the Doctor have a good vibe together.

It's all good - The Doctor is back in the house..

Trixie

02-19-2013

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trixie a private message Print Post    
oh KITT, thanks for that info on Torchwood. I've never seen it...it will be taping along happily today.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What did everyone think of episode 2? I didn't really care for it for some reason.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I like the new girl! I don't not like her it's just I'm not sure she adds anything to the Doctor, maybe I'm judging too soon.

Episode 2 didn't seem to have much in it, just a girl singing.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I found my attention wandering. I've never said that about an ep of Doctor Who that I can remember. I think there is great potential with Clara but I don't want to have to wait for the end of the season to find out how she came to be in that crashed spaceship.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I like the Clara/Doctor combo. So far, to me, it seems the fun is missing. With River, Amy, and Rory they would be involved in some serious situations, but there was also light-hearted, fun moments. The Doctor seemed like he had more fun with them than he is having with Clara. I don't see the spark. Maybe I just miss the prior three. I always wanted to watch whenever River "Hello, Sweetie" was on an episode.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Either Matt Smith isn't into it this season or he is a brilliant actor. There doesn't seem to be any spark from the Doctor this season. I'm hoping he has been told to play it that way because the Doctor is still miserable over the loss of Amy and Rory. And now he can't figure out who Clara is.

Did anyone else notice the look he gave Clara at the end of the show as she was leaving the Tardis? It was horrible so I think this is all an angry Doctor season.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
I don't know if this has been posted already. It is a short youtube video showing the storyboard of a scene never shot closing out the whole Rory / Amy storyline. I really enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XWU6XL9xI4k

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I guess it all depends on what you thought of the last companions. I couldn't stand them! Nothing against the actors but it was like the doctor was on cocaine the whole time, talked frantically, spun in circles constantly. Amy's character talked down to him, just didn't see the respect in the relationship, kinda bossed him around. I liked Rory the best of the three but they didn't always seem to know what to do with him. So, so far this season it has been refreshing. The hysteria is down a notch. Still not sold on Matt Smith as the doctor but much better than last couple seasons. I understand this next season will be his last year (according to rumours) and as much as I love each doctor, I am always excited to *meet* the next one. I just hope they don't drag the whole season down with this base story arch, Stephen Moffatt just doesn't seem to have the story telling ability that Russell T. Davis did.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it really is missing the heart and depth that Russell T. Davis brings to his shows. It'll be a real shame if it doesn't improve, I guess we need to give them time to gel. For me I think it's that Clara is too self-complete, she isn't needy at all, and the companion, I think, either needs to be needy of the Doctor in some way (in love with him, or fascinated by him or...) or the Doctor needs to be needy of the companion (she stabilises him or something). Right now with Clara it's like it's "who's this bloke? oh it might be fun, 'spose I'll have a ride." Early days though.

I wasn't sure about the look the Doctor gave Clara. I think he's trying to persuade himself not to think about the other Claras because he doesn't want to open up something that more than likely will just lead to trouble. If they do address it I hope they do it soon, like Jasper, I don't want to have to wait until the end of the season to find out!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I loved Donna as a companion and her grandfather's interactions with The Doctor. I'd rank Rose and her mom and bf No 1., Donna and her grandpa 2, Martha 3 and Amy and Rory 4 of the recent companions. I liked Rory more than Amy. She always seemed very aggressive and mad at the Doctor. I still sigh wishing David Tennant could reappear. Perhaps a time paradox where he regenerates backwards is in order.