TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Major Crimes (on TNT): Archive through September 23, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Figured I may as well start a new thread. I know we'll all miss Brenda Leigh, but...

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
A changing of the guard is all....I have a feeling the whole tone may change as well...should be interesting.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Costa, for the new thread. Looking forward to the premiere tonight.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
De nada, Kappy.

I've heard good, and I've heard bad, from initial reviews. I'll do the wait 'n see. And let them settle in. I think it may be a bit before they find their OWN groove, so to speak. I don't think Brenda Leigh was a total success right off the bat, right?

I am looking forward to the premiere tonight. And I"m anxious to see how Raydor handles the team on her own. And how the team responds to her without a buffer.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 13, 2012 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Raydor is her own unigue personality and it might be even more difficult for her but I think she will win them over the same way Brenda did when she first arrived. Everything is there ~ the actors, the writing ~ I am more then willing to wait it out while the kinks get sorted and the group starts to gel. This will be my Monday night show.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I'm not too sure how I felt about the show....I have a feeling I may have liked it more had it not followed right after the dramatic end of The Closer. It did remind me of what the department was like when Brenda came, Sharon is going to have many of the same problems and they're going to resist until she wins them over. I think her voice is what irritates me most of all...sort of an exaggerated whisper. I have a feeling the kid will become a permanent part of the show....not sure how I feel about that one.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was still mourning for Brenda's leaving when it started so I understand what you're saying Misspoufy. On the other hand, I understand why they didn't wait til next week. This way we really felt how fresh the loss was for the guys as well.

Not sure about the kid either but it will be interesting to see how Raydor handles it.

I like the new young female detective. I think she will be a great addition and it will be fun to watch her and Provenza interact.

As for all of Raydor's "rules" (which they are all always complaining about), I really do think she is trying to find a better way to put criminals away more quickly and why not? What's the problem with saving money? Personally, I hate watching money being wasted on court trials.

Also, she also seems willing to stand back and consider any criticism she receives rather then react defensively. I like that about her so even if she's 'odd' (imho), I am growing to like her.

"Raydor" ~ She does seem to always have an instinctive radar, doesn't she? I wonder if that was intentional?

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Hope the kid Rusty won't last long, but he's got an interesting dynamic with Raydor. We never saw much of her home life before...

Imbewitched

03-08-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imbewitched a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where I could find a written recap of last nights show?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have no idea Imbewitched but they do repeat episodes right before the new one the following week.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I never watched the Closer so some parts of it were strange to ne, almost like walking into a room where everyone is talking a different language and you are trying to keep up with a translator.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was LMAO when Raydor opened that desk drawer and then cracked up when Fritz came to get it all.

I liked the show a lot.

Imbewitched

03-08-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Imbewitched a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kappy.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I totally enjoyed this new show. I do think they need to get their "sea legs" but it was nice to see the team working in a different way. Is Provenza really leaving? (I can't remember if he was one of the ones off the show?)

This is definitely going to be a different show, not at all the same thing and not at all solving crimes the same way (getting confessions the same way). So it should be interesting to watch it play out.

But yes, I totally loved Raydor's expression when she opened the candy drawer. Then again, when Fritz came with the bag and they emptied the drawer, but she snuck a ding-a-ling into her bag to take home to Rusty.

I think Rusty will show her softer side. I think the writers/producers learned from The Closer when they started to show Brenda's softer side. I think that's why they've kept the kid around a bit. We'll see.

It's interesting to hear Raydor's different tonal inflections in this show. She was very monotonal in The Closer. This show? Not so much!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Costa, Provenza may leave for a while but remember he doesn't want to retire because one of his ex-wives will get half his retirement, LOL, so I suspect he will leave for a while and then get over it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hanging chad....lol!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm liking it even more this week.

I love Provenza's pouting. It reminds me of Flynn when Brenda Lee first arrived. I understand how he feels about the changes going on especially when he feels the criminals are not getting long enough terms. But he's not going anywhere. As the others said, he can't AFFORD to retire!

Don't know about the new young detective. Is she really trying to play both sides or does she just not get subtlety.

It was interesting seeing Taylor in Pope's position tonight. I think we'll see different sides of him as well in this show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, August 27, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep - It's all starting to jel and it's a good thing!

Lyn

08-07-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I like the show but I'm not liking this "deal" business

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
It was funny to see Michael Weatherly (DiNozzo, NCIS) playing the life coach on last night's episode. He and Provenza were like Abbot and Costello.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
now that was a good character acting job, unlike that last guy on the Closer that tried to play a quirky character and came off distracting

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I had given up on The Closer years back. Combination of Kyra's accent and mannerism' driving me nuts and too many other shows on my schedule. Liked it, just didn't love it enough to stick with it. Am LOVING major crimes however, seems to have much more humour and *lightness* compared to The Closer (those first 6 or so episodes that I had watched anyway). Now that we are well into the season...... what do The Closer diehards think?

ETA: I just got the Weatherly episode last night. I hate when we are off kilter with the US schedule! LOL Have to stay away from threads to avoid spoilers and am then posting ancient history for the rest of you. Ahh well.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
im loving it, last ep was a nail biter!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like the show, lood forward to it every week, and love that Raynor (is that right) is taking care of the kid who is a potential witness. Why can't I remember these peoples names, LOL?

Also, I am really entertained to see what Provenza might do or say each week, LOL. And I do miss Brenda, I keep waiting for Fritz to say something about her.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I have to admit while I wasn't enamored with the show for the first couple of episodes, it's starting to grow on me. I'll stick with it