TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2013 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
OT

I just saw a little indie movie called, "That's What She Said"....it was very well written and directed but it did have its crude moments. It's about three women basically having a very bad day in NYC and it was directed by Carrie Preston!

I laughed my ass all all through it....I only rented it because it was directed by Carrie Preston and I wanted to see her directorial work.

Now I'll be sure check out everything that she directs. She made a truly funny and heartfelt movie and she knows how to entertain an audience and make them laugh.

Below is the link to the trailer but it does give away some of the movie's funnest moments.

Trailer:

http://www.thatswhatshesaidmovie.com/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, that was funny!! I especially laughed at her brushing her teeth while smoking, LMAO, I didn't even know you could possibly do that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
At 35 minutes into the hour -- OH OH !!!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
hmmm...what was that funny look that Diane gave Alicia at the very end?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My impression was that Diane just realize that Alicia will never trust her again and may have made an enemy out of her.
I hope Alicia doesn't go to work for Canning.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I think Diane now better watch out for her own position. I think Alicia is a very smart, and potentially, powerful enemy.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I almost felt like it was a "Good girl. You did as you were told and you are now my robot" kind of look. I dunno. Whatever it was, there will definitely be some bad blood between the two for a while.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
What I did think was awesome, was a dejected, defeated Louis Canning sitting at the table in the courtroom after he knew he'd been beat. Laughed my a off at that.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I didn't get what that look was supposed to mean, either, unless she realized that if Alicia could give that kind of performance that was entirely a lie and still look so convincing, that maybe she better be careful.

I really liked Nathan Lane. I hope we see more of him once he passes the bar.

I also love David Lee. He's so like JR Ewing in the glee he gets out of manipulating people.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I am really surprised that Alicia needed "to be told" how to behave. You'd think that a smart lawyer like her knew exactly what to do in those circumstances without being told by Diane, who really had to tell her for Alicia's own good. The fact that Alicia was moping in her office was just too out of character, she usually doesn't show her disagreements and her stony face served her well in the past. So the fact that she does exactly as she was told may be because she did realize Diane's suggestion was the best for all, however, I really hope that while doing so she was also thinking "I'm doing as you told me but I will never give you the satisfaction to know how I really feel about it". Because we know that although Diana told her she didn't care her reasons for moping and that she cared about was for Alicia to go out there and show her appreciation for the partnership, Diane also wanted some comment from Alicia that thankfully never got.
Another thing out of character was Alicia's reaction to the news, like a young naive lawyer all happy about without asking right away to Will and Diana how much was going to cost her and if indeed they were doing it to get her money. She was told by the other lawyer how much it was going to cost her and her husband's first question was "what is the catch?". She should have seen it from a mile away and not make a fuss about it after she knew the reason.
So, as the smart lawyer she is those contraddictions in the show bugged me a little.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
What surprised me is that she would care that much that there was a catch. She's now a partner in a prestigious firm. However it came about, you'd think she would think it was a good thing. She understands the bottom line of the firm is money.
I agree with Spunky that it did seem she was behaving very out of character.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So the fact that she does exactly as she was told may be because she did realize Diane's suggestion was the best for all, however, I really hope that while doing so she was also thinking "I'm doing as you told me but I will never give you the satisfaction to know how I really feel about it". Because we know that although Diana told her she didn't care her reasons for moping and that she cared about was for Alicia to go out there and show her appreciation for the partnership, Diane also wanted some comment from Alicia that thankfully never got.

I think Alicia was thanking the partners simply because Diana told her to. She went from partner to partner -- "Thank you." No small talk. That was not like Alicia at all.

Another thing out of character was Alicia's reaction to the news, like a young naive lawyer all happy about without asking right away to Will and Diana how much was going to cost her and if indeed they were doing it to get her money.

That did make me wonder about Alicia -- not asking how much she'd have to "contribute" to the partnership. That was plain dumb.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Alicia had just been at the political function and didn't do as "she was told" and stated she was an athiest. You could tell she hated to do what Diane told her to, but she did it to 1. get what she wanted (the partnership in a prestigious firm), 2. to show up Canning, 3. she played "the game". Diane's look was that she knew what buttons to push to get Alicia to do what she wanted. She made Alicia play "the game"

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought Diane's look was a mixture of surprise and irritation when she saw Alicia repeating the exact same words that Diane used when she told Alicia she should be thanking the partners.

Diane was irked because, even though Alicia was just doing as she was told, she made it quite obvious to Diane that her "thank you" to each partner was about as sincere as Diane's gushing remarks over how valuable Alicia was when she offered Alicia the partnership. I think Diane expected Alicia to be more ingratiating even though Alicia understood that the senior partner offer was just a way to raise capital.

Alicia will not forget being used like that and her fake "thank yous" made that perfectly clear to Diane.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
But Alicia knows she got hired (used) in the first place because of who she was married to. And she got to stay instead of Cary when they downsized mostly because of her name and connections.
Seems like it works both ways. They used her for originally for name (and now for money) and she used them to get a great placement and now has a partnership.
I actually like how conniving all the characters always are. Certainly Alicia hasn't been above looking the other way at times if it meant winning a case. I'm just surprised with how incredibly smart she is, she wouldn't have realized what the offer was about, and actually been okay with it.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Alicia knew that she had been doing good work, and I think that she was so thrilled to be offered an early partnership, she didn't stop to think about why or costs involved. Then when she found out why, she was hurt and probably embarrassed that she hadn't realized it in the first place.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
But you would think Alicia might have been a bit suspicious when Diane told her how she herself got a partnership. I thought they were kind of telling her (without telling her) that there are all kinds of reasons why people get partnerships.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
When Alicia was doing her fake "thank yous", my thought was that she had just received Cannings business card with the implications behind that. And, no money had changed hands, so the partnership was not a given. She could take it or leave it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also thought it was pretty stupid that Alicia didn't ask about the partnership buy-in. I'm not even an attorney, and I know what the term "Equity Partner" means. Partners have to invest money in the firm. That was my first question when Will and Diane were giving her the news. "How much?"

I didn't think Diane made an enemy out of Alicia. Alicia was being a baby by pouting in her office. It was very inappropriate and unprofessional. For a woman to get a partnership in a prestigious law firm is still a big deal. I think Diane's point was that it didn't matter why she was made a partner (Diane only got a partnership cause they needed a woman), she is one now. Suck up your feelings and go play the game. I didn't see anything offensive at all in what Diane said. She was being truthful.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed Carrie Preston in the show last night, the rest of the show not so much.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
That mock trial was really to show us how Alicia could have worked well with Carey against Will and Diane if they worked for a different law firm. It bugged me however to see how lawyers coud defend the 'good' and the 'bad' so convincingly when the 'guilty' party is so 'clearly guilty'. Why do lawyers keep defending someone they clearly see guilty. This is an aspect of the law that bugs me a lot. It must happen in real life as well under the guise of the "until proven guilty" rule.
With Alicia now equity partner and the nod between her and Carey it will be interesting to see how the spin the next story.
That new quirky lawyer is a pleasure to see and I hope she sticks around.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Spunky, our laws guarantee a fair trial to every person, so even those suspected (strongly) to be guilty have to be proven so. We can't just throw people in jail because we think what they did was wrong. Even with our present system, there are still innocent people wrongly convicted.

Love, love, love Carrie Preston! Always a pleasure to see her on my TV.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Trials are supposed to be a search for truth. Even though I understand that everyone deserves a fair trial, I still don't think the defense making up lies is fair. Think of all the damage done to the family of the victim when the victim is made the bad guy or to an innocent person when the defense tries to blame them for the crime. So often, all the defense does is lie, when there is no other way to defend their client. Re: the current trial of Jodi Arias or the previous trial where George Anthony was vilified by the defense.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'd say T.R. Knight (a/k/a George O'Malley) is doing well on The Good Wife. Happy to see it.

I was almost "there". Last night the show started with a coroner's inquest. I live in the Chicago 'burbs. Some years ago, I was close to being chosen for a coroner's inquest jury from the then-current jury pool. Always wished I had been.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Is TR Knight still going to be a recurring character on the show? He was fired from the campaign in this episode, wasn't he?

Maybe he'll show up again...working for the opposition.