TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 10, 2013 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Just wanted to mention that Zero Hour starts tonight with Anthony Edwards. Previews look really interesting.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up Scout, I'm going to PVR this and see how it goes

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching Suburgatory? I was surprised to find no thread for it there.

Dallas's big "reveal" at the end of tonight's Valentine's Day episode had me rolling on the floor! I laughed so hard my face started to hurt.

Here she was before her big "reveal"...

r-SUBURGATORY-VALENTINE-CHERYL-HINES-large570
(image from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/suburgatory-valentines-day-cheryl-hines_n_2675236.html#slide=1908925)

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I haven't read all that many great reviews, but I thought Zero Hour was pretty good. I like Anthony Edwards, and thought the plot was intriguing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bad news for Zero Hour, it was the lowest-rated scripted series ever to debut on ABC during the season. Why put a new show up against AI and Big Bang Theory?! They kill their own shows, sometimes seems like it's on purpose.

I thought it had potential but I was expecting a bit more. I'll continue watching but I suspect it won't last long.

Haven't watched Suburgatory yet, but it's one of my favourite comedies.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
It's weird - sometimes they hype their shows up for so long, and this one, only just recently have they mentioned it. Some people that I know that usually like this kind of show, didn't even know when it was starting.
Not only was it against stiff competition, but on Valentine's Day as well.
I agree, they do almost seem to want to kill off their shows. So why do they even bother with starting them?
You'd think they might take a page out of cable's playbook and try showing it off-season, maybe in the summer when the other major networks are mostly reruns.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have been waiting so long for this announcement! :-)

Hannibal on NBC will premiere Thursday, April 4.

http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/about/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting, I just got a survey from ABC, and it was asking whether I watched Zero Dark Thirty(I think that is the name of the show) on Thursday.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Dracula Series on NBC for fall...

Dracula comes to London, posing as an American entrepreneur that wants to bring modern science to the Victorian city. However, in reality Dracula actually wishes to seek revenge on those who did him wrong centuries earlier. When Dracula finally thinks everything is in place, he falls hopelessly in love with a woman who is seemingly a reincarnation of his deceased wife.

Hopefully this will be good. I always enjoy Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_(TV_series)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I watched Zero Hour and it seemed ok. Anthony Greene was very beleivable, but the story seems out there without the proper foundation it needs to seem plausible.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I saw Jonathon Rhys-Meyers in a movie I had never heard of: Shelter last week sometime. It was very good. Scary though so if that is not your cup of tea...avoid it. From the info on the guide it was unexpected.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This may be old news to most of you, but I just found out: the series Unforgettable, which aired it's first season 2011-2012, and was then cancelled in May of 2012, has actually been "un-cancelled", and a new 13-episode season will air this summer/fall, beginning in July.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Zero Hour has been cancelled and pulled from the schedule effective immediately.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh great. I thought that was an interesting show as well.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, March 01, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the good news about Unforgettable. I really liked that show.

And, that really irritates me re Zero Hour. I don't know about the rest of the TV watching crowd; but, as for me, I am getting a little gun shy about even beginning to watch a new show. I watch one for about 3 or 4 weeks, either like it or it's growing on me, and they cancel it. I don't understand how the networks can afford to keep doing this.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI:

On the History Channel is a new $20 million miniseries called "The Bible".

The Bible (2013– )

"This is a 10-hour, five-part, mini-series. It will tell some of the best-known stories from the most popular book in human history, from Noah's Ark and the Exodus to Daniel in the Lion's Den to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2254092/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
------------------
THE BIBLE - Official Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hThfoBzWxw
-------------------
The Official web site:

http://www.bibleseries.tv/
-------------------

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
They are really selling it on the History Channel. I'll give it a chance but not sure about Mark Burnett as producer. The intro had very much a "Survival" feel. It also has an odd docudrama feel to it with an invasive voiceover. Wish they would tone down the music. (First impressions so far.)

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Watched the first 2 hours of The Bible. Felt a bit rushed, but considering the time span covered, maybe understandably so. Loved some of the special effects. Wasn't crazy about the actor who played Moses. Bottom line: I enjoy it. I thought it was fairly well done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch Red Widow? I was going to watch it but since it is on ABC I decided to wait and see what everyone thought of it before I invest any time in it. Plus being on Sunday it will mess with all the stuff I already watch.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Red Widow but did see a headline saying it had low viewership... it's bad that we even consider whether shows are worth watching these days, solely because we know the networks are so quick to cancel.

Talking of which... today Fox announced they RENEWED:
The Following
New Girl
Raising Hope
The Mindy Project
(They previously announced Bones is renewed, leaving Touch and Glee still up in the air.)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The second season of Call the Midwife starts March 31 on PBS.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we enjoyed The Bible on History channel

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to SNL tonight. I only watch when Justin Timberlake is hosting anymore.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'm not really interested in a "docu-drama", but the show after it, "Vikings", was very cool and I'm already hooked after one episode.

I watched "Red Widow", which I wasn't sure of and which I heard got a few bad reviews...but liked it very much and will watch until ABC yanks it.

I also liked "Zero Hour", and will try to find a place to watch the rest of the show. ABC is the suckiest network out there in terms of showing something, then pulling it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
We liked The Bible as well. H

aven't watched Vikings yet, but do have it on the PVR, along with Red Widow.