TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 11, 2013 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
You mean that hitch hiker was seen earlier in the series? If so, I missed that! I couldn't get over how they ignored the guy! He was alone and desperate, why wouldnt they help him? You would think in a world where its you against a horrible disease, all the 'normal' humans would band together for survival's sake, Not fight each other and lessen the ranks of the healthy by even more!
I really found Carl annoying and unlikable last night. His constant attitude of doing what he wants no matter how dangerous others tell him, is going to get someone killed. I dont get why he and his father dont trust or appreciate Michonne after all she has done for them. Last night Carl almost got them killed in his single minded pursuit of that photo! I still cant see how Michonne went back in there and got it for him.
Poor Morgan struggling on alone fighting the zombies, was very sad. Rick should have killed him when he had the chance. It really would have been kinder in the long run!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I hated this episode. So sad in so many ways. The lack of humanity they have now. I don't understand why they don't allow others to join. And then Morgan, ugh broke my heart. My favorite right now is Michonne.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys notice the sign erected on the side of the road telling someone named "Erin" that they were heading for a mountain? And then when the zombies attacked the car, one of them was wearing a bracelet with the name "Erin" on it. That was sad, too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cable, I don't think we saw the hitchhiker before. I think it is just a conclusion that if he is a regular person alive at this point, he has survived among the zombies for a long time, and should know noises attract them.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the Erin post, Naja - that bracelet was driving me crazy! It was a very intentional close up of it and I hadn't seen "Erin" on the Stone Mountain sign - but I had noticed the sign!
I hate missing those little things....

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
On the Talking Dead after the show they discussed why they did not pick up the hitchhiker. The title of the episode was "Clear." Morgan hadn't "cleared" Rick and that was why he was prepared to kill him. Same as why they didn't pick up the hitchhiker. You need to "clear" someone before you can trust them into your boundaries. How would they know that the hitchhiker hadn't been bitten or could be trustworthy? So, they develop a barricade around themselves so they can be protected. Michonne hadn't been "cleared" by Rick or the group yet, but her kindness in helping Carl proved to them that she was "clear." I thought the entire episode was absolutely brilliant.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Naja thanks for clarifying about Erin. I knew it meant something--thought for a second it was somebody Michonne knew! And I missed the sign about Erin and the mountain too!!
It occurs to me that the real monsters are us. The zombies are not even sentient beings and all they do is eat. But we, the humans, the so called intelligent ones, are killing each other and taking advantage of the situation to benefit ourselves.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Windowbox, I didn't watch Talking Dead, and your explanation really helped me make sense of that episode. Thank you!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw the sign but missed the bracelet (too busy flinching) so thanks for pointing that out, Naja. It's a good job I didn't notice during the show because I was close enough to tears half the time anyway!

I thought it was awfully sad about the hitchhiker. I'd have thought if someone had stayed alive for that long, at least part of it by themselves, then they might have skills the group would want... but hubby said what wre the willing to do to survive? As Morgan said, "don't ever be sorry."

I was so happy to see Morgan! And I love the Talking Dead show, I have so many half formed ideas in my brain after watching and then they just help get things sorted out for you. So well stated that Rick sees his future self if he continues shutting people out.

I'm happy there's a chance Michonne's going to be more integrated with the group now. She hardly seemed to talk before, she just needs to let them in a bit and they'll let her in. Presumably (unless something bad happens) Andrea will end up with our main guys so that will help Michonne.

I've lost my harmonica, Albert.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Re: clear, they did also say that Morgan was making it his mission to clear the area of any threats (both walker and human) to make the world safe because he couldn't save his son. Many different ways to interpret it... which I'm sure they intended.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Karuuna! The Talking Dead really helps me digest the show and understand it better. They also go behind the scenes and do interviews with the cast. One interesting note, it was Andrew Lincoln's (Rick) birthday on the day they shot the scene with Morgan telling Rick that he didn't call on the walkie talkie and how he tried every single day without a sound from Rick. The scene was so emotional that Andrew said that no one from the crew talked for over two hours after that moment. He said it was the best birthday gift he could have received.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Lets see they have driven from the farm to the prison and they have been on many outings looking for supply's and now Rick and co have driven all the way to his hometown and heading back...... How is it that they never ran out of gas? LOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Were they meant to have been near his hometown all this time? I thought once they left Atlanta they were moving away from home. Just seems weird if they were so close and they never visited somewhere where they had inside info, but also weird/unlikely if Rick went many miles to go back home on a day when the Governor was likely to attack the prison in his absence.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
They actually have a google map with all the places they visit. Warning: There are some spoilers because the map is based on the books. However if you look to Atlanta and south it shows where they are and have been.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I finished the book I had bought and yes of course there are spoilers in it. Still was worth the read I now understand the gov.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A lot was set up this time! I really thought both sides were going to go back and say "we strike tomorrow" to get in first, but they're sticking to two days' time at noon.

I can't believe Rick was even considering giving up Michonne. Firstly, he should realise how valuable she is to them, and secondly he should know it won't end there.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
What Rick told the whole group back at the prison impressed me. It seemed that he knew better than to trust the Governor or beleive a thing coming from him. His attitude of striking first was spot on! But hearing him talk to Hershel about what the Gov really wanted and if he gave it to him, he could save lives, was crazy. How could Rick doubt his very apt first response and even consider handing Michonne over is scary. If only he could have heard what the crazy Gov said about killing all of Rick's people and takng Michonne alive for who knows what kind of punishment.
Andrea is in a bad place as neither side wants her. I think that Woodbury guy with the glasses may come over to Rick's side.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was on the edge of my seat expecting a gun to be drawn and fired for that entire scene between Rick and the governor.

When Rick told Herschel why he was telling him what the governor said, he said that he was doing so in the hope that Herschel would talk him out of giving up Michonne.

Rick was batshit nuts just an episode or so ago and now he's better but he's still having a problem trusting his instincts. I think what he told Herschel lets us know that his instincts are on point, but he needs Herschel's advice in order to reinforce what he believes deep down is the right thing to do...which is to go to war rather than sacrifice one of their own (whether the governor is lying about letting the rest of them live or not).

You all realize there are only 3 more episodes this season, right?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good point, Rick's probably not trusting himself much at the moment. I thought though that he was asking Hershel more about the morals of giving up Michonne to save the others, more than whether he thought the Governor could actually be trusted.

You all realize there are only 3 more episodes this season, right?
I heard it but I don't believe it!! lalalalalala fingers in my ears

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My DS and I watch this together, and after Rick said to Herschel - he wants Michonne, but he'll just kill us anyway, we were shocked that Rick was still considering it! He was right!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I thought though that he was asking Hershel more about the morals of giving up Michonne to save the others, more than whether he thought the Governor could actually be trusted. "

I totally agree. He knows that the governor cannot be trusted and his decision will be to not give up Michonne because the governor would kill them all anyhow. I think he needed to hear Herschel reinforce his gut instinct because, even though he knew better, he really wanted to believe the one-in-a-million chance that giving up Michonne would keeop the rest of them safe.

My feeling is that just hearing himself telling Herschel that he wanted to be talked out of it was enough for Rick to make up his mind that war with Woodbury was preferable to sacrificing one their own as part of a deal made with the devil.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Did you see the generals torture chamber? Wonder who he plans on doing dental work on? (Preview )

I'm guessing its set up for Michonne (sp)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I missed that torture chamber! I am hoping that somehow the Gov ends up there. Did the evil mastermind plant a gun under that table after making a big show of disarming himself? I really thought his whole purpose was to kill Rick!
I missed the scenes for next week--did they show much?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Preview was from talking dead....

Scene was generals assistant guy ( can't remember his name)
He was showing the room to Andrea

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Milton. He'd somehow found the torture room and showed it to Andrea... now they both know the only right option is to get rid of the Governor.