TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 28, 2013 users admin

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
At least we know that Avery is staying!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am thrilled she will be on the show more. Love the twist of Avery being the boss.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Boy, did she ever box him into a corner? He is forced to become part of the "family business" and if he doesn't do it all of his friends will lose their jobs. Nicely done Mom!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
It's so frustrating that this show is getting so stupid.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I knew as soon as I saw the chief telling Debbie Allen that she would get the Avery foundation to pony up the dough. I did not see the part about Avery though.

As I was watching McDreamy negotiate with the investor, all I could think of was his real life negotiation to buy Tully's coffee out of their bankruptcy. Man, who wouldn't want to negotiate with him. He is aging well.... very well.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Him and Clooney seem to get better with age. Very debonair. Hmm, who else has gotten better with age???

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying the show, and look forward to them getting back on track. I think Avery's mom really cares for Richard...she almost had him in her grasp since he was talking about moving, but when she realized how much Seattle Grace meant to him she bought the hospital instead. Pretty cool.

Sean Connery. Robert Redford. Harrison Ford. I prefer men who allow themselves to age.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying the show, and look forward to them getting back on track.

Me too! There were such lean middle years. Now feels more like it did in the beginning. Where will they / the show go from here?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Richard wants to be sleeping with the boss.. or his mother.. kind of doesn't put them on even an equal footing. I was stupid and thought she'd put Richard in charge but of course she had to manipulate her son into the job.

And for all the docs who put in all their settlement money, apparently even then they won't have as much of a voice as they hoped since Avery will have a bigger %.

And I suspect mom will try to run off his current bedpartner, who hated that she was willing to relocate just for him.

I still want more BAILEY.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or does anyone else think it's stupid to use all you settlement to buy a hospital.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It is very stupid.... they don't have any funds to run the thing going forward!

I thought she just wanted Avery on the board, not the head of it. But, then, I was distracted by looking at Avery.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't get that either. She said they had to agree to have someone on the board, but then she said "I bought you a hospital" as if he would actually be running it. The others seemed to think so too.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It is TV so there's always a certain element of suspension of reality but I guess using all the settlement money makes sense in that they don't have to have the money to live on as long as they're working and making money. I don't know about the rest but I have a friend I work with who is a neurosurgeon and I can tell you he makes more than a nickel....a lot more than a nickel. As for Avery on the board. Well if the foundation is the majority stock holder then obviously they'd want to be on the board and it kind of works out that the majority stock holder more or less automatically becomes chairman of the board. Makes Avery the boss.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What Mack said. That makes sense for TV.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Mack's right. Shouldn't worry for a moment if they kicked in all their settlement money. They are surgeons who make lots of money.

Now I guess we'll watch and see how Avery's relationships with everyone are changed. His mom didn't do him a favor.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, with this show the "it's tv" comes into play a lot. Remember, Owen/Richard/Derek's titles have been Chief Of Surgery, not Chief of Staff or Chief of the entire hospital. Surgery. The Chief of Surgery doesn't do the stuff that they've had Owen doing. Again, "it's tv" and I realize that; but ya know that roller coaster that Shonda uses for her logo? Well, it's been going downhill for a long time. I hope it finds the uphill again soon. I'm losing interest faster and faster each week.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl is absolutely correct. I'm no expert but I've worked in several different hospitals as a staff psychologist and I've never seen the Chief of Surgery have the broad responsibility Owen et al have on this show. Certainly the surgeons have high opinions of themselves...only kidding but they are kind of a breed apart...but there'd typically be a Hospital Director above the Chief of Surgery and maybe even a Director of Clinical Services between the Hospital Director and the Chief of Surgery. Other major piece parts would typically be a Chief of Medicine or Internal Medicine, a Chief of Nursing, and then various other ancillary support department heads like Resource Management/Financial Officer, Facility Manager, etc. Titles aren't fixed and different hospitals have different titles and different responsibilities but I've never seen one quite like Seattle Grace.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
Yeah what Mack said makes sense and it is just a tv show but I remember about 15 years ago i had a friend who's husband was a OB doctor and made great money and she was in a car wreck and can't work now but said it's ok he takes care of us and she sued and they used all the money she won to go on vaction and gave 10,000 to the homeless shelter and then 3 years later he had a stroke and a about 2 years later I ran into her and they were living with her parents and she said they lost everything and was on walfare and all i could think was damn you guys spent over $30,000 on one vaction to Paris ( how I have no clue) and I bet you wish you had that money now! So I guess I am just one of those people who always thinks what if this happens

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's farfetched that the docs at Seattle Grace used their lawsuit money to buy the hospital....especially when you consider that a few seasons back, Izzy just gave her entire 8 million inheritance to the hospital after leaving the uncashed check stuck on her refrigerator with a magnet for weeks (months?) when it could have been in the bank earning interest....

People at Seattle Grace just don't behave like actual people do so I'm neither surprised or irked at their consistently bizarre decisions.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I thought for a while that buying into the hospital could have been a good segway to get Addison back in now that private practice is over

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
IMO there are too many characters on Grey's now...I think Addison should stay in LA and run the practice there...lol.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The only two Private Practice characters who have an enduring relationship with Grey's Anatomy are Addison and Amelia. Seems to me that from a writer's and story line approach those would be the easiest to incorporate. The problem is that we left both in relationships so moving the characters back to Grey's comes with some complications and I agreed would add too many new characters to an already pretty busy ensemble cast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I certainly don't need to see Addison again.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Derek is happily married now and Mark is dead, so there's really no reason to bring Addison back.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
The only Characters from that show I will miss is Charlotte

My sons girlfriend and 2 other friends came for a weekend visit, they are all first and second year residents. I got some real life Greys Anatomy stories. very interesting

I am afraid with this buying the hospital Grey's will jump the shark big time.

Does anyone else think that JO looks a lot like Katherine Heigal?