TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 28, 2013 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Funny episode, but fell kinda bad for Raj. Love Amy hollering at the monkeys!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Was Raj's new love interest the same girl that he met in the goth bar?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
No, that was a different girl. I've alway really liked this actress and hope she stays on the show. I think she'd be a great addition.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I remember her recently from "Raising Hope" and "'Til Death", and to me she is an actress I can only take small doses.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I kind of like her quirkiness.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
She was just a judge on King of the Nerds for the song writing competition.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Micucci

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I remember her from Scrubs.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
She was on Scrubs? As a regular???

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
I think the last BBT episode may be the one that "jumped the shark." Raj gets a girlfriend and Penny is a good actress??? They already took away the Howard without a girl storyline and now those two stories.

Not sayin' I'll stop watching though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Beth, she was on a several episode arc. Here is Kate's IMDb profile showing her time on Scrubs.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2177528/?ref_=tt_cl_t9

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Ophiliasgrandma!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think it jumped the shark at all. It's the natural growth of the characters. I've always hated Raj's issue with not being able to talk to girls unless he's drinking. I hope this relationship gets him over that problem.

And why can't Penny be a good actress? It's showing another side of her and is giving Sheldon more respect for her.

Just my opinion.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I agree: not jumping the shark. I am just so relieved they didn't do a 180 degree flip and make Raj gay. It's always been so apparent that he's attracted to women in spite of his shyness--and love of "Eat Pray Love", etc.

Penny being a good actress: well, maybe she's grown, too. We never saw too many scenes of her actually performing, just reports of poor job offers (Anne Frank above a bowling alley).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't think The Big Bang Theory is anywhere near "jumping the shark". I think Gurliegirl is correct, the characters are growing. This is still my favorite show each and every week.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
The characters have to grow a little to be realistic. I still love the show and rarely miss an episode.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Sheldon is the only one who has become less realistic. He used to be quirky, odd and a little aspergery, now he is over the top looney tunes no matter that his mother had him tested.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'll give in to Raj having a girlfriend is "growing" the character, but I don't think Penny should become a good actress. Although I can see good story lines coming out of it like she becomes a star and is too busy for Leonard. Or she starts hanging with celebrities and is embarrassed by the geeks.

I'll only stop watching when I stop laughing and that hasn't come close yet.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Did they ever say Penny wasn't a good actress? I always got the impression that she was just like 99% of aspiring actors out there, working as a waitress and occasionally getting small parts in sometimes sad local productions. Have no recall of her acting ability being portrayed as bad or good.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
She's been taking acting classes for a long time, so it makes sense that she's becoming a better actress.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Hubs and I were discussing that Sheldon's character seems a lot different.

I guess it is true that women just ruin men :-)

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
One episode dealt with Penny not singing well, but nothing on acting. Just hasn't had the "big break" yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Penny's hemorrhoid commercial....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j61iziTBoJ0

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
This is getting old really fast: shows bumped and shows repeated. WHY in heavens name was Big Bang a repeat tonight???? I was most disappointed. And I guess Glee is bumped????

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
American Idol jugernaut?
All of CBS is repeats tonight.
9p & 10p NBC & ABC are also.
Allows me to watch Project Runway live.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
At least the Big Bang repeat was a fabulous one! I loved, loved, loved this episode!!