TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 06, 2013 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am watching from the beginning again and have a question or two (maybe these have already been explained and I just missed it):

1) Very first episode Regina is shocked at where Emma lives and asks Gold to tell her where HE got Henry from. So if Gold left town and brought back the baby then a) He must have known whose his parents were. At least he would have known about Emma but if he had been tracking HER then he must have known about his son being with her for a considerable amount of time as well and b) how come he could leave town then but now needs a protective spell? He wasn't sure it would work at first so it was clearly the first time he had used it.

It occurred to me that the writer guy had perhaps brought the baby to Gold who then gave him to Regina but Regina seemed to be pretty clear in her indication that Gold himself had gone somewhere, left town and returned with the child.

Also, and this could well be my terrible memory.... second episode the evil queen (Regina) visits Malificient to get the curse. They battle briefly but neither is harmed and the queen mentions that they are best friends. Did I miss what happened to Malificient? She didn't die so why didn't she come over to the other world? Maybe it's a storyline still to come?

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
I want to know who "HER" is on the stranger's caller ID? Probably wrong...is it Maleficent?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Wasn't Maleficient the dragon who Emma vanquished down in the mines?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think Kona may be correct.
Rissa, those are great points to ponder, especially about how the kid ended up with Regina.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ahh, that could well be (about the dragon). I tend to multitask while watching tv, I have issues with just sitting for extended periods of time so I tend to get the spirit but not the specifics quite a bit of the time. LOL Thanks!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The problem with going in or out of the town happened when the curse was broken. They found out the hard way when you left, you forgot who you were in the old life.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sorry to correct you Terolyn but I am on episode 4 and the whole last part was about stopping Cinderella (Ashley) before she leaves town because bad things happen when anyone tries to leave (according to Henry). Perhaps it was a different *bad thing* than losing your memory but not being able to leave seems to have been in place from the beginning.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Right. Remember that whenever anyone approached the "Leaving" sign, they seemed to crash. But Henry left and others left also. There has to be something about Henry and Rumpy that permitted them to leave and return. After the curse was broken, they could leave, but lost their memories.

At least that's the way I remember it. Even without a curse, I sometimes don't know who I am or what I am doing.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show is turning into Lost. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and try not to think too hard about all the details.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Emma asked Henry about that Mama and he gave a really weird half answer about how he returned against his will (because Emma made him) so it was ok. LOL I always figured it was because he was born outside the town so like Emma he can come and go. Maybe that's what he meant, he was brought to the town as a baby without his consent so he isn't a true resident like the others.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Mr Gold could have arranged for the adoption over the phone/internet without ever physically leaving the city limits. He could have met the agency representative (or private party) to take the baby and bring it to Regina. I try not to worry about all the real life logistics of this situation since most of it is not real life. Like how come Pinocchio was outside the town, then came back to town, then where did he go? Was he within Storybrooke limits when the curse was broken? But he knew who he was all along. How come? And now the curse is broken, what happens to his memory?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kona, to me the mystery of WHERE's WALDO, er WHERE's PINOCHIO, is driving me batshit. Also, hope they bring back the sherrif to life. Nice romantic triangle with him and Peter Pan fighting over Emma.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The chubby blond lady in tonight's ep plays Mrs. Patmore the cook on Downton Abbey.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Her name is Lesley Nicol.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Emotional episode tonight...the mother/daughter theme really got to me. And struggle between good and evil within one person.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Beth4freedom....it got to me too. When Regina had Johana's heart and heart about her mother's evil bidding I thought she would have a change of heart and turn on her mother.

I wonder what will happen to Gold?

(I went to Storybrooke yesterday! I will post some pics once I get them off my cell phone! They film this show in Steveston Village which is about a 40 minute drive from Vancouver.)

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
How exciting, Miz! Can't wait for the photos!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Omg Miz, lucky you. Yes, pix please!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Monday, March 04, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I don't know about all of you, but I kept referring to her as Mrs. Patmore in my head...it was good to see her and interesting to see her cross the pond...
good episode. The young Snow White was amazing...

Kaili

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
So...are Snow White's mom and Cora sisters?? They look so much alike and kind of odd that Cora placed a kiss on Snow's mom's body if they're not related.

If so...then Regina and Snow are cousins.

Also, is Bae's fiancee Tinkerbelle maybe? So many connections. i think there's no doubt now about him being a lost boy or Peter Pan (he can sail a ship, he was in another land first and would be over 100 years old if he hadn't gone there...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OOOH Kaili, I like the way you think. That would be so COOL if she's Tinkerbell! How the heck does Emma 'compete' with that? LOL. She can't! But Tink would probably be a great 'stepmom' for Henry. Every wish the kid makes would come true. ;) ;) And then if they bring back Sheriff 'hunk'... 'I' can live happily ever after. hehehe

Good thinking on the possibility of the 'cousins'.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
Any chance that the young Snow White and the adult one are related...daughter..sister ??? They look so much alike-it's amazing. And the young one did a fabulous acting job..she's a natural !

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Irish, this was questioned last year, she really is a good actress, nailed Snow's mannerisms soo well.

Bailee Madison is not related to Ginny Goodwin.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1933128/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I looked up the young "Snow" actress: I agree she was great in the part and wonderful casting as a "look alike" match for the older "Snow". Evidently the 2 actresses are not related however. The young actress is Bailee Madison and has an extensive resume. She has an older actress sister, but that person is named Kaitlin Riley.

PS Hi Konamouse, guess we posted at same time!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I agree, mini-snow is great.

Here are my pics. storybrooke 1