TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2013 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
The writers have changed the street...

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Gail is falling into the trap :-) lol

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Nothing on the show feels the least bit real or plausible these days! And now Faye has found her father and I'll bet anything next we'll see Anna left alone because Faye wanted to be with her father and off they go in the sunset. All that Anna sacrificed for that kid will be for naught!! Oh and she will have creepy thug like Owen still around, I guess that's something.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 2:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
CableJ pity CS is not the same. The writers producers get a plot and hang on to for life until it becomes tedious and I notice every character lies. CS has become way too tense. So sad.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Every so often there is a change up in writers directors and producers, so, maybe they will get back on track again--soon! I can only hope. This show has been outstanding for so long. and we can't be the only ones who see it slipping.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I guess I am in the minority for the most part. I find the Ty/Kirsty storyline compelling. While at times I would like them to wind it up I think the acting is very good. It would appear the storyline will go on for several more weeks at least.

Who would you write a storyline for and what would it be?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I would like Jenna to get her job back and a nice positive relationship between Jenna and Sophie.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
HOLEY MOLEY!!! Kevin/Michael Le Vell has been charged with sex offenses and rape of a child.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-15/coronation-streets-michael-le-vell-charged-with-child-rape

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Wow Puzzled. I'm just not sure what to say. How silly that I would want Kevin to be found innocent. However, I don't know Michael and want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law if found guilty. And guilty seems likely due to the extent and duration of the charges listed in the article.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
WARNING: There are a couple of possible spoilers at Puzzled's link if anyone is trying to avoid them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Wow first the other guy who played Carla's fiance (forget his name) now him. I wonder if we are talking one victim here or many. He is going to have a long and difficult road ahead of him.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Didnt they find Michael innocent of those same charges last year? And now they are re-charging him with the same? I am not going to jump to conlusions here and wait and see what happens. Even in England isnt someone innocent until proven guilty? Or is the law different there? I really dont know.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ermmm the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" came from an English lawyer! I think the concept pre-dates the US by centuries, the Romans used it.

Because of the nature of the alleged crimes they're actually cutting Kevin Webster's scenes from already filmed episodes, so he won't be seen on tv while the case is proceeding. I don't know if they're going to reshoot scenes with a different actor doing his part or what, seems like a hard thing to work around seeing as he's a mate of Tyrone, and the Tyrone situation is still ongoing.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
CJ It did say the allegations weren't proceed with prior, but reopened or something like that. I don't know if he is married, kids, but this is going to be hard on everyone involved. FYI I would never presume that he is guilty. Unfortunately stuff like this sticks to you regardless of the outcome. I think we will see Tyrone ending up buying the garage and Kevin and Jack moving away, or he'll die in the upcoming storyline. I hadn't realized just how long he had been on the show.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
how sad.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I did hear that he was being cut from the show immediately after 30 years on Corrie-no support there-and that he and his wife have split up in the past year. Charges like this will affect a person's reputation even if he is proved innocent, so Michael is going to have a rough time ahead regardless.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching last Sunday's omnibus. Boy does Kirsty have the Street snowed. I can't see how Ty is going to work him self out of this.

I had to lol over the scenes with Ken/Deirdre and Traceyluv.

Hating this stupid Fay storyline. But I read that
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Jason hires Tim
as well I read
Spoiler
a few people are going to die in a fire at the Rovers. Didn't they just remodel? I hope they don't use this as a opportunity to modernize it

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Jasper I have read the second spoiler in a few places. I think it has to do with them relocating the whole set to a new place! Here's a link from 2011 when the new Street was being started in Salford. Pretty sure there are no spoilers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14815080

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I had seen the set change somewhere else as well. Fingers crossed though that the essence of it remains the same. I think I had even read about the cobbles being taken up and moved!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well! Gail Gail Gail, I felt an iota of pity for her. But really doing the dirty on your mother? I loved that Audrey took the money, although I imagine she will give it back to her. THe ending scene of Gail when she was gulping wine in the Bistro was a hoot, her facial expression said it all.

I wonder if she will take in boarders if Kylie and David vamoose. That will bring in some new blood to the Street. (oh and can you beleive Bethenny is 13?????)
Spoiler
I here SarahLou and Bethenny are coming back

Had to love the Kirk/RTraceyluv pairing. DId she really think she was going to strut into the office?

I hope Ty does not follow thru and plead guilty. He can not let that woman win!

Who knew Eileen was so incredibly judgemental. I can't beleive how many of the street are so willing to believe Kirsty over Tyrone. Yes it is usually the other way around but they have known Tyrone a long time. One of the long timers has to come out on his side.

Jenna and Sophie on their date, akward with Lloyd and Mandy breathing down their necks. And for Jenna to say what she said about them being a couple isn't very nice to Sophie. Jenna did not want to rush in to that until her mother was so rude.

Watching this weekend and seeing Kevin on screen I wonder how much support his castmates are giving him. Kind of a parallel with charges and the length of time and knowing the character of a person. Will they put everything aside and be there for him?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I wonder too if fellow cast mates will support Michael or feel he is really guilty. I should look and see if there are interviews about from actors on Corrie.
I found it hard to believe that so many of the women blindly take Kirsty's side--even after her meaness to all of them at one time or another. They all have known Tyrone for years and should have an open mind.
And Gail is reaping what she has sown. Incredible that she wants to hike the rent on her son to help pay off that loan. Better she should get a proper job.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
A lot of things to wonder about.

How will Michael's trial end up. I have read that he is claiming innocence and plans to fight to the end.

Why is Kirsty being believed?

What's to become of Tracyluv? Having Kirk for a boss has to be killing her.

I was glad that Audrey took the money and that David is planning to move if Gail raises the rent.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
If David moves--and high time--maybe someone interesting will move in. Knowing how Gail attracts evil troubled men, it should be verrry interesting!
Looks like Tyrone has made a move. You know this won't end well.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I just read on Facebook that the Croppers are scheduled to be in my city in June. That could be a nice evening out.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Go! I think they have been to Canada before and they were great. Tell us all about it.