TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 18, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought this latest episode contained classic "Castle" moments. It was humorous, contained a lot of teasing between Castle, Kate and the rest of the team, and was just silly enough to make up for the seriously dramatic episode last week. I like how the writers can switch gears from week-to-week and maintain a really great relationship between Castle and Kate, and also show how his daughter is growing up and how he is coping (or not, as the case may be) with that!

And the ship's captain just cracked me up.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I loved the little mirroring of Firefly it was so funny (ten years later etc) It was a great episode not only was it directed by Jonathan Franks but they closed with a song by William Shatner!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Kellee, yes, and I also loved Castle's reference to "that Joss Whedon show."

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I agree, this was an enjoyable episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I never watched Firefly, though my brother and I watched our share of Star Trek when we were kids. We even went to a Trek Convention once. What a trip!

I'm wondering if there were a lot of Firefly references in this episode I might have missed, since I never watched the show? And that guy at the beginning who asked Castle to sign his book and Castle muttered something about "how they have fallen" as he walked away. I'm thinking maybe he was a real author playing a cameo? They love to do that on this show. Anybody recognize him?

Once again a thoroughly entertaining show. DH and I laughed out loud at several place. There aren't a lot of shows on TV that can do that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, it was Jonathan Frakes (Cmd Riker, I think, from STNG). Here's a great recap listing some of the insider stuff:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/castle/episode-guide/episode-506-the-final-frontier

Even the title of the episode, "The Final Frontier," is a reference to Star Trek. Love it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm wondering if there were a lot of Firefly references in this episode I might have missed, since I never watched the show?"

The alien "Creavers" were a substitute for the "Reavers" on Firefly.

"Reavers are a fictional group of humans in the television series Firefly and the movie Serenity who live on the fringes of civilized space and have become animalistic. Within most of the timeline of the series and movie, the existence of Reavers is officially denied by the Alliance, the ruling government of humanity, but they are a harsh reality around the outer planets."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaver_(Firefly)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Finally got to see the episode. I really enjoyed this one! I love how the Castle/Beckett romance is being played out - low key and lots left to the imagination. This way we won't tire of seeing them together.

Good writing and I just love Richard Castle!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Great line from the episode.
Alexis ask her Dad if she can go to a party with seniors.
Castle, says, aw, with some of your grandmothers friends.

Some great lines in this show. Love all of Castle's facial expressions.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, that was a great show! I love when they have so much fun.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
His expression and "Oh my GOD!" when he saw Alexis was hysterical.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Shiney!! Nathan Fillion said 'shiney' again, life is good!! :-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I liked the murder story of last night's episode, but hated the documentary style of it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But watching all the people mug for the camera - I thouht it was funny (especially the scene with the guy who does sound for the movie...that last bit where Castle starts figuring stuff out and he oes the sound effect..."that's what I do!"...cracked me up for some reason). Kate's expression as she watched them all make fools of themselves was also hilarious.

I also liked the band at the end.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I've decided (just today) that there's a difference between "Stuck in a freezer, nearly dying, and still solving a case" unrealistic, and "Just Plain Funny" unrealistic.

After watching half of last night's episode (the rest will be watched after work), I'm laughing my butt off even though this one is pretty unrealistic as well.

Hated the freezer two-parter, love this one. The banter between all three who are on the run is awesome. I can't wait to finish the episode later.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a good episode and you will enjoy the end. "SIR" had some good moments this episode. Like that they are kind of slowly bringing her more into the mix but not too much as to distract from "our" people.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just love the writing on this show and the interaction of the characters. Loved them all mugging for the cameras. This is one of the only shows where DH and I LOL constantly. Sometimes we have to back it up, cause we were laughing and missed the dialogue. Just an excellent show!

Does anybody else remember when the X-Files were followed for an "episode" of COPS? It was like a show within a show. So funny! X-Files was a lot like this show. They didn't take themselves too seriously and it was a lot of fun because of that.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Did I miss this? Or, was it not on this week? I feel deprived if this show is not on.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Apparently they are running back-to-back episodes of Extreme Home Makeover as a "feel good" show during the holiday season. Personally Beckett and Castle make me feel a lot better than Ty Pennington and his bus.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
It wasn't on. There was a two-hour Extreme Home Makeover on instead. Blah...boring Monday night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I understand that they only make something like 22 episodes during a season, so they have to take breaks. I just hate it when they do!

Ty Pennington yells too much for my taste!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
TNT has reruns tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is so fun watching the beginning again. I was just wondering on Monday why Beckett's hair is so long, that that isn't really normal for many cops.

And now at the beginning I see that her hair is more appropriate for a cop.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Did this episode make anyone else nervous besides me? I am pretty sure they wouldn't kill off his daughter because then how could Castle be the fun-loving guy anymore? But it still made me nervous. In the preview, you hear Castle say "I am your father." I am hoping he is saying that to his daughter when she is amazed he found her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 18, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I sincerely hope not! This was a sad and suspenseful episode. I kind of hope she rescues herself! I love how she is being calm and rational and reasonable!