TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 31, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
and the clown car, lol! It would make a great episode.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Happy Doctor Who Day!

BBC America is marathoning Dr Who all day, right now it's "The Next Doctor."

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt...I taped a bunch of them today!! Looking forward to the new Christmas Episode...

Happy Doctor Who Day to you too!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Clara...perfect name for a new companion on Christmas Day!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Intriguing introduction to her too, I wonder what's going on there!

Good episode, and we have to wait for April for more!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Have to share. I gave my brother a Dr Who towel for his soon to be Dr Who bathroom.

He gave me a Dr Who lunch box....and inside was AN ANGEL. He found a white candlestick holder and spray painted it grey. Looks very statue like. I still have it locked in the lunch box. Taking no chances here.

Good episode, can not wait for more.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Loved the Snowmen episode, really looking forward to new ones with the new companion, who is really uber-cute.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I really want a sonic screwdriver! Yes I do!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd know it wasn't real, but having my own angel would freak me out just a little!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find this thread yesterday but I really enjoyed the marathon, it was great. Those angel statues were really scarey!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
LOl Reenie, my dd is collecting them (each doctor has their own, slightly different, sonic screwdriver.

I read an article (I think it was an interview with Moffatt) who said that the weeping angel episode is the one that Doctor Who fans make their friends watch in order to turn them into Doctor Who fans. Was true for me at least.

I really enjoyed the Christmas special although the one year before last is still my favourite (A Christmas Carol guest starring Katherine Jenkins). Loving the new companion though.. "it's smaller on the outside" haha

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
RISSA - I had no idea there were different sonic screwdrivers for different Doctors!

Those angel statues are very very scarey!!!

I like the new companion...she's sassy and has quite the pretty face. I'm also enjoying the Dr's 3 friends..

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My son was over on Sunday, and he found the weeping angels episode on Netflix for me to watch. Out of all the episodes of Dr. Who, that is obviously a favorite of a lot of fans!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Those angels were something else.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I just put my angel Christmas bells away - and I looked at them a whole lot differently than I did when I got them out!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, there is another marathon going on today, different shows than yesterday!!!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
LOL at Merry.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Too funny, Doctor Who was the gift of the season! We bought Caleb a Dalek and a Dr Who t-shirt and bought my oldest niece a pin (has a weeping angel on it and "Don't Blink,") which she has been proudly wearing. I'd wanted to get her an angel t-shirt, had seen some on a couple websites before I started Christmas shopping, then when I went back to shop they were sold out. Went to Hot Topics, which in Sept., had a big selection of Dr Who shirts, now only has a handful. Checked out a couple places in Hollywood a couple weeks ago that sold Dr Who stuff, and no luck there either. Eventually I'm going to find her that shirt, lol.

Because, yep, the Weeping Angel episodes were what turned her into a huge Dr Who fan. It's a family show here, even Kota gets all into it, and now we've recruited oldest niece, lol. If she doesn't spend the night when the show airs, I have to dvr it so she can watch the next time she's here. And she absolutely loves to sneak up behind me and whisper, "Don't blink, auntie!"

We never turned the tv on today so I didn't realize there was another marathon. We did watch several eps yesterday, including the Snowmen which we thought was great fun. Matt Smith will never be David Tennant (my favorite Dr,) but he sure has grown on me. I'm also very curious to see what's up with Clara, I think she'll be a fun and interesting companion for the Dr.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
War, I got my son's girlfriend a Dr. Who T-shirt with a picture of the Tardis on it and the words "It's what's inside that counts." Have you checked out Think Geek?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, Caleb's is the Tardis with, "Rule #1, the Dr lies." Yeah, Think Geek was the first place I found them, then a couple weeks later were sold out. I'll check them out again in a few weeks to see if they have them yet.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Merrysea...thanks for the Think Geek? site. I just ordered myself a Tardis nightlight! Couldn't resist.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So was there a different Dr. Who in prior seasons? I just found another Dr. Who marathon, I think it is season 4. And it is a different guy and there is no Amy.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Yes, Dipo, there have been three Doctors this go around: Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith

In all there have been 11 Doctors over the course of the last 50 years

William Hartnell (1963-66)
Patrick Troughton (1966-69)
Jon Pertwee (1970-74)
Tom Baker (1974-81)
Peter Davison (1981-84)
Richard Hurndall 1983 (Movie)
Collin Baker (1984-86)
Sylvester McCoy (1989-96)
Paul McGann 1996
Christopher Eccleston 2005 season
David Tennant (2005-10)
Matt Smith (2010- )

I wasn't a fan of the earlier Doctors (except Peter Davison) and didn't watch the show. When they brought it back in 2005 I became a fan and have watched it ever since. (The Christmas episodes have become a part of our family's holiday tradition)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Doctor Who has been on (with a couple interuptions) since 1963. Matt Smith is the 11th doctor and there have been between 30 and 40 companions (depending on whether or not you count characters such as Rory and Mickey as companions or just long term guest stars.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks guys, I could never get into it when I just saw one show, couldn't make any sense of it. Then I caught a marathon, I think at Christmas and this is the 3rd marathon I have seen, but it has David Tennant as Who and that threw me off, I don't like him as much as Matt Smith. But then since I started with Matt Smith that could be why, LOL.