TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: All My Children: Archive through February 11, 2013 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I will certainly watch--at least once. So glad Susan has found another job.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I will check it out, too! :-) Thanks for sharing the news.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    

HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive All My Children & One Life To Live

Prospect Park has revived its plan to continue cancelled ABC daytime dramas All My Children and One Life To Live online. I hear the company behind USA hit Royal Pains has inked deals with SAG-AFTRA and DGA for the soaps' production, eyed to begin in the first quarter of 2013. UPDATE: Reps for DGA and SAG-AFTRA have confirmed to Deadline that the unions have reached agreements with Prospect Park.

Rich Frank & Jeff Kwatinetz’s Prospect Park made a licensing deal with ABC in July 2011 to keep OLTL and AMC alive for online distribution on their Online Network, which was slated to launch in the first quarter of 2012. But after difficult negotiations with the guilds, the company last November pulled the plug on its plans, despite securing a slew of OLTL and AMC actors to reprise their roles. While the online venture was formally dead, I hear Frank and Kwatinetz never lost hope, and had been quietly working since the summer on putting their plan back together and had been talking with the guilds, resulting in agreements with SAG-AFTRA and DGA. (The status of talks with WGA is unclear.) I hear there are preliminary discussions with actors from All My Children and One Life To Live to rejoin the revived shows. Prospect Park refused to comment.

The news comes at a fortuitous time, as the four remaining daytime soaps on TV are having a strong ratings showing, all posting gains vs. last year.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/all-my-children-returning-soap-operas-one-life-to-live-online-web-series

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh that is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing. How funny...just this week I was thinking that it had now been a year since AMC ended, and how I'm still disappointed the on-line deal didn't work out.

I will keep my this time.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for this wonderful news! It is a Christmas Miracle! I just hope there are some actors left to be on this, considering that many have found work elsewhere.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
YW! Hope Susan can and will return as well.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
OMG Merry Xmas to us AMC fans, eh????

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, December 28, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I want Tad back.......can't wait!!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
This is such wonderful news!

I read on facebook that Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David) has signed on with Prospect Park. I read Walt Willey (Jackson) hasn't negotiated a contract yet. It will be interesting to see who comes back.

I'm also curious to see what they do with OLTL since some of their cast are now on GH. I like them on GH.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I also read "Cara" has signed on. Wasn't she pregnant with David's baby when the show went off the air?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was, Heckagirl. I forgot about that. I still have the last AMC on my DVR. I need to watch it to see what storylines were there when it ended.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have the whole last week's shows on dvd. A dear friend made them for me. I watched AMC faithfully for most of the time it was on. Mostly fro the Greg and Jenny days.

Mush

09-09-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I sure miss the Greg and Jenny days :-(

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I just never filled that hole in my afternoon where I used to watch or the time I took out to watch if I recorded the show! So the chance to see AMC again is very appealing.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I just read an article dated 1/12/2013 on the SoapOperaNetwork that says:

" actors Jordi Vilasuso (Dr. Griffin Castillo), Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward) and Lindsay Hartley (Dr. Cara Castillo) are all confirmed as signing on to return to “AMC” when it moves to the web."

That's some good news... Got to have Jesse, Angie & David. They're "must haves" to me! :-)

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
What I am wondering is where are we going to be viewing this show at? What web site is going to be broadcasting the show over the internet? It's the only way I watch almost all my tv so I am curious.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
The Online Network (created by Prospect Park).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when it will air?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Production begins in Feb.

Also returning: Jill Larson as Opal Cortlandt and Thorsten Kaye as Zach Slater.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Most probably...
The show will be half hour long with minimal commercial interruption, thereby it would be slightly less in running time than during its tenure on ABC.

They will air four times a week with Friday being a recap episode. If things are a success, PP is likely to extend that to five days a week and a little bit longer running time.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Great news for me!! This is what tv guide has to say about where we will be able to watch the shows.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/All-My-Children-One-Life-to-Live-Hulu-itunes-1059594.aspx

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I read we will be able to see new shows starting sometime in April. Happy Birthday to me!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Things I have heard today. Filming starts Feb. 25. It will pick up a year from the last show. There are casting calls for 18-someting caucasians to play AJ, Miranda, and maybe Kathy and Jenny. Lots of SORASing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so curious to see if this online only deal will be a success. My instincts say it won't be, but that doesn't really mean a thing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2013/02/lucci-and-canary-back-to-amc.html