TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 21, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was a very touching scene and also nice that Meredith, who tries to be aloof and clearly tried to hold back from excitement about the pregnancy for fear that it would again fail.. and so nice when Bailey could reassure her that this was good and normal.

And then after such a horrible day for Derek trying to save the place and then realizing that the goal of whatshername wasn't to save it but to market it.. and then there they were and he got to feel the baby kick.. I know he has several kids so he knows that joy and he let it show on his face.

Mack, I would think Meredith, Derek, Christina, Arizona and Callie (acting for the baby?) would buy and of course fur would fly since they have different ideas at times.

In real life Owen would be toast in that scenario since Derek does blame him for the flight and.. well it seems like Owen has brought in this woman and maybe the "eye in the sky" guy (BOB?) too. Oh and that horrible man who snarled that it wasn't about the patients..

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The intern who wanted to transfuse blood should have been fired.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey - While I'm not sure it would be interesting they certainly could try to make a story line out of the "group" buying at least an interest in the hospital and then build on the internal disagreements, etc., that would inherently develop. Personally I think that would be a stretch and could be boring but I'm not a producer, director, or writer.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
If I were Derek/Meredith I'd take my $30 million settlement, retire, and raise the family.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aw but that would make sense wouldn't it?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I think the thing is they are what they do. They have shown this many times like with Christina walking away after the shooting, Derek trying to take a break from it. They can't figure out their identity if they are not Doctors.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Even more, Seattle Grace is a huge part of who they are as people...they are so entertwined with their relationships that I don't think they can see themselves leaving.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can't quite figure out where they are going with this show. I know this is the last season, but are they all going to quit Seattle Grace now that there's a new buyer streamlining everything? However, I love that they came to Portland and actually showed overhead views of the city. But, that hospital ... their cg was not working too well on that one!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This isn't the last season....this is season 9.

‘Grey’s Anatomy' Cast Sign For Seasons 9 &10

9 months ago by Scott Stoute

For fans worried sick (sorry) over which beloved cast members are going to make it to the next season of Grey’s Anatomy, the prognosis is good. Series originals Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh and Justin Chambers – along with Chandra Wilson and James Pickens Jr. – have all put pen to paper on a deal that will see them return for a ninth and tenth season on the ABC medical drama.

In a radio interview with Carson Daly this week, Dr. McDreamy himself discussed his relief over the end of the long contract negotiations. “It’s just so nice to have a job and it continues on as a wonderful thing, so, very grateful that it’s happening,” says Dempsey. “[I'm] very happy … to move forward and looking forward to another couple of years of the show.”

Despite the official two-year contract, Dempsey seems open to idea of extending his term at Seattle Grace beyond a possible 10th season:

<snip>

http://screenrant.com/greys-anatomy-season-9-10-scott-171084/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Works for me, the more the better. Even when it isn't at its best I still would watch it over SO many other shows.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
If Mark Sloan was still alive, he would have loved having his picture on every wall.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...that is so true. He would have been throwing himself in front of that woman to be the face of Seattle Grace!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I miss Mark so much:-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I will be glad when they get this storyline finished and go back to more patient stories instead.

I miss Mark, too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me too. Just when Owen and Christina seem to be on solid ground, she is pressured to go along with the group. I kind of thought she would not, but then she did. Also, we don't see enough of Bailey and Chief anymore.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Christina knows that Owen is only going through with supporting this sale because he feels such horrible guilt about what happened with the plane crash. He is going against everything he stands for in medicine. He really is in a no-win situation.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Every week I find myself liking Derek and Meredith less and less. They are just too arrogant for me. It's their way or no way and that just irritates me. I think I take this too seriously sometimes.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Didn't Christina say something about them taking the hospital as a way of helping Owen win? After all, he seemed to be selling his soul in a way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just hope we don't get a year of them complaining about investing in the hospital.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It wasn't the group who convinced Christina.. it was hearing the interns and remembering how she would have felt if she wasn't allowed to see real medicine, real procedures. At least that was what I saw. Then Owen said he HAD to do this because HE put them on that plane and felt guilty, so she knew he really wasn't pushing the plan because he believed in it. But her face changed when the interns countered her charge that they were being disloyal to Seattle Grace (or to Owen) with the fact that they wanted a real learning experience and didn't she in their place?

And Derek and Meredith didn't start this, Callie and The Chief did.

But they did assure her that they would want Owen to stay in his position, so I guess they all think Owen really doesn't WANT any of this.. the doc in the sky eyes, this horrible woman, the chain hospital sale but is trying to make up for what happened.

Oh and we also found answers to our previous discussions.. I guess Meredith and Lexie's drunk daddy IS still alive and so he got a chunk of money as her heir. Fat chance getting him on board, I suppose.

AND that Mark's share of the settlement did go to the baby with I imagine Callie in some form of control, being the baby's bio mom.

I would always like to see more of Bailey in any episode! And she really does have less to hold her there, with her husband in So Cal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just watching again.

Arizona was convinced ultimately by Bailey telling the parents of that child with recurrent cancer that his only chance was to go elsewhere because now Seattle Grace couldn't help him.

Christina watched Owen convince the nurses to accept totally changing their lives and schedules and more and then ask him is he really wanted this and finally got the reply NO, but that he HAD to do it because he put them on that plane.

And the interns made her think and GO to Owen. They weren't pushing her into any situation because they didn't even know about it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i watched the same show sea did.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meredith did convince Christina that it was for Owen's own good to not tell him.

And he'll be angry that she took what he said back to the others.

But, in real life his telling her those things would get him fired if it came out.. so he can get mad, at himself.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, February 16, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess there were a myriad of factors...although I didn't enjoy this particular episode I can certainly admire the complexity of the writing that created such a discussion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I wanted the hospital to be saved, but not by Debbie Allen.. oh well..