TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 12, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Nashvillle: Archive through February 12, 2013 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Question Tntitanfan:
Is the music in places like the "Bluebird" strictly country ? I almost did not give this show a shot due to the CW theme or what I perceived to be CW theme.
I am primarily R & B yet I have 1 Rascal Flatt, 1 Willie Nelson tunes on my ipod.
And to my surprise I like this show due the writing/stroyline. I am shocked at how I do enjoy most of the music and how well these folks sing especially the blonde with the boyfriend who is about to go big with Wyclef.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seems like Mr Rayna and that assistant woman did have an affair after all!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I believe the Bluebird also was featured in "The Thing Called Love" .. one of the most underrated movies in River Phoenix's career (and with an early sandra bullock) but a movie i always have loved watching multiple times.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the great info re "The Bluebird"! I would love to go there!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, the music at the Bluebird is "country." However, as you have discovered, country music has moved away from trucks, hound dogs, and beer lyrics.

I am not a huge country mucis fan, but I am enjoying this show because it does fairly closely reflect the Nashville lifestyle vis a vis the music industry as I have heard about it from friends in it .

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Terrific show tonight; it hit all the right marks for me. Heads up, Spoilers below!

Was SO glad that Deacon only went through an episode as "dry drunk" rather than truly falling off the wagon. Loved that it brought Juliette back to a place of "likable" and realization when Deacon said he and her Mom were alike in their struggle,
and that her Mom right now was further ahead. Very poignant mother/daughter moment with Juliette and Mom. Wonderful music karma when Avery evidently was seeking out Scarlett again, and found his old bandmates and lover in the garage kicking it out happily without him (I actually thought he might have an accident while driving and playing with radio; I am so glad not...this was much better.) And final moment with Deacon running for the plane while Rayna's husband stands there with his mouth hanging open not knowing what's up...priceless! Plus, music good and appropriate throughout. I think it was the best episode yet.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was a very good one tonight.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i didn't get the hostility all the sudden from deacon towards raina.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The guy who plays Deacon is a major BABE.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I SO agree! MAJOR BABE! I've seen him in other shows, but the look and personality on this one. Sigh....

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Not only is he so hot, but what a voice as well. I love the music in this show.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Yes, re Deacon, love the actor, love his singing...I was sorry he didn't have musical numbers in this episode...I think that was my only regret re the episode.

Hostility from Deacon toward Rayna: I think maybe FINALLY it's sinking in that he is not going to get a 2nd chance with her...and I think he's angry that she plays push-pull with him: seeks him out after firing him out of the blue and effectively cutting him out of her life; then comes back towards him, but not with either an offer to take him back musically or romantically. If she doesn't want him, she should leave him alone.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i agree with all the beth, it just seemed like he realized all of that so quickly. there was no build up or what i could see a trigger that made it finally click.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Just when I almost like Juliette - as with Deacon and her mom - she goes and gets on my "bad list" again with gloating over hiring Deacon. Doing it is one thing (business); gloating is another (personal.)

Word around town is that the show WILL be picked up for another season and WILL move to CA.

I don't think I have shared this, but,if I have, put it down to old age and skip it.

David Alcorn (Rayna's agent, Bucky) is a Nashville guy now but comes from a small TN town. When he was accepted at Juliard, he had to sell the cow he had raised from a calf as a 4-H project - and dearly loved - to help with the tuition. Nice guy as well as very multi-talented - would love to get to hear him play piano on the show!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Disappointed that Nashville was a rerun tonight :-(

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, thank you, Beth! I went to the ABC site to watch it, and wondered why there was not a new show available!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
You're welcome Tntitanfan! I am so loving this show, and the one last week was especially good. At least it looks like they are back next week (I did watch the rerun, and saw previews at the end).

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Nashville was good to form tonight: lots of good music and good plot twists. My favorite scene was Rayna evidently texting Deacon to come over, and then when the door opens it's hubbie! I really thought there was going to be an angry confrontation scene husband vs Deacon, and was so relieved there was not.

Kitt said above: "It seems like Mr Rayna and that assistant woman did have an affair after all!" Well, at that point, I still didn't believe it, but I guess I do now!!!

One of my favorite parts was Deacon suggesting that Juliette grow in her music, and do it rather than talk about it, and she does indeed go that direction. I love that this is not a show about constant confrontation scenes between Rayna and Juliette (which I was afraid it would be), but rather about their respective organic changes and growth, together (as in their duet) and separately.

I enjoyed it start to finish tonight.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't of been able to let Deacon walk out after that kiss. I would of been following him right to his room!
I was shocked that neither one seemed to care about getting caught

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chicago! Chicago!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe she couldn't walk or talk...... that's where I'd be....

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have seldom be as ambivalent about a character as I am about Juliette -

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Tnt--Juliette is my least favorite character on the show.

I love Scarlett. And, Deacon.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Juliette is my "love to hate" character. She brings an element of excitement to the show.

I LOVED this week's episode. The only disappointment was Deacon not singing the song with Juliette.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Survivor and Nashville on the same night? I am holding my breath!