TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2013 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Wow a great season, it just didn't let up. I saved them all on the PVR and watched them over a few days. Very intense. I can't wait 10 wks! I think I am going to try to talk my husband into watching the marathon of Season 1 and 2 on NY eve/day.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Little preview vids and talking to the cast about next season (obviously a bit spoilery)

http://tvline.com/2012/12/11/the-walking-dead-season-3-spoilers-video-daryl-merle/

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good news: Walking Dead renewed for Season 4 (we're mid-way through S3 now)
Bad news: showrunner Glen Mazzara has left over a "difference of opinion"

“Glen guided the series creatively for Seasons 2 and 3,” AMC said in a statement. “[We're] grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success. Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on Season 3B as showrunner and executive producer.”

http://tvline.com/2012/12/21/walking-dead-season-4-renewed-glen-mazzara-leaving/

I hope that's not a bad sign.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, December 31, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reminder: this season's Walking Dead marathons tonight, starting 6/9pm. I read something about the shows being in black and white, but I can't remember if that is this marathon or another.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Next half season starts NEXT SUNDAY! Yeyy! If you need some zombie action in the meantime, go see Warm Bodies, it was sweet and gives us a little hope for our zombie brothers and sisters...

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ErWNBX9Rc

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yay, yay, yay!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A timeline and summary of the first half of the season... because I can't help it :-).

S3.Day 1, 7-8 months after end of Season 2
S3E1 The gang find a prison, clear part of the compound outside and get some sleep.

S3.Day 2
They kill their way into Prison Block C and set up for the night, meanwhile Michonne gets supplies for a sick Andrea.

S3.Day 3
They try to go further into the prison. Hershell is bitten and Rick cuts off his lower leg to stop the infection spreading. Five living prisoners watch them. S3E2 Prisoners reveal they survived after a riot 294 days ago. Rick agrees to clear a cell block for them in exchange for half the food. Big Tiny gets killed, Tomas and Andrew attack Rick, Rick kills Tomas, and Andrew is shut outside.

S3.Day 4
S3E3 An army helicopter crashes leaving all dead except the pilot. Michonne and Andrea explore and are forcibly taken to Woodbury by The Governor and Merle, along with the pilot. The pilot reveals his group were overrun by walkers and are now on the road. The Woodbury doctor gives Andrea medicine and they stay the night.

S3.Day 5
Governor finds the pilot's group of soldiers and kills them along with the pilot, tells Woodbury the walkers got them. The Governor keeps the pilot's head along with other trophy heads in his home.

S3.Day 6
S3E4 Andrew tempts walkers into the yard and the prison is overrun. T-Dog is bitten, sacrifices himself to try to save Carol. Lori, Carl and Maggie get cut off and Maggie has to remove the baby by cesarean, killing Lori. Carl shoots her in the head to stop her turning walker. Gang reunite and Rick is devastated. S3E5 Rick goes on walker killing spree, finds a walker ate Lori's body. Meanwhile the Governor brushes his walker-daughter's hair. Michonne realises the Governor is trouble and leaves Woodbury. Andrea stays and witnesses Walker Fight Club.

S3.Day 7
Daryl puts a flower on Carol's memorial. Rick answers a ringing phone in the prison and asks for help. S3E6 Merle hunts for Michonne, she outfights him and runs away. Michonne and Merle run into Glenn and Maggie, Merle takes them back to Woodbury. Michonne takes their baby supplies to the prison, while Merle tells The Governor he killed Michonne. Darryl find Carol alive. Rick realises he is imagining things. S3E7 Merle and the Governor torture Glenn and Maggie, and Maggie gives away the prison location. Michonne brings Rick and the gang to Woodbury to rescue them. S3E8 (Earlier in the day: Tyreese and group make their way into the prison and meet Carl and the group left there.) Rick and co break into Woodbury, Michonne finds walker-Penny and kills her, stabbing The Governor in the eye in the process. Rick and gang save Glenn and Maggie, but Oscar is killed and Darryl gets left behind and is captured. The Governor reunites Merle and his brother Darryl for fightclub.

Amazing how many things happen in one day on this show, and it seems like we'll start off the next episode on the same night!

So excited for tomorrow!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For all you zombie lovers -

Just in time for Valentines Day - Zombie Teddy Bears!

http://undeadteds.com/

ETA - NOT for small children but okay for twisted adults!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Darryl!!!!!!
I must've missed it-why do Rick & co. hate Michonne?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They think Michonne brought them to Woodbury for her own reasons (to get back at the Governor) and then abandoned them when they needed her (the period where Oscar was shot and Darryl captured).

Not happy about Darryl at all! I hope that fixes itself very quickly.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, February 10, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I'm watching the encore and missed it again! Third time's a charm...lol

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is Rick losing it again? How else to explain him seeing Lori standing there. I can't imagine what will happen to their little group if Rick cannot go on. They really need to let others join them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Particularly as they haven't got Darryl, Darryl could protect the place day to day without Rick, but I don't know if the others can really even do that if there was any sort of threat.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering if that was actually supposed to be Lori that Rick saw standing there when he started freaking out. The figure he saw did have the same body type and hair but her face was totally hidden in shadow and she never spoke. She was also wearing a long white gown of some sort.

When I first saw that scene, I thought he was seeing an imaginary "angel of death" or something. I never felt sure that it was supposed to be Lori but on Talking Dead, Chris Hardwicke seemed to have assumed it was Lori and never questioned it.

If it was supposed to be Lori why didn't they show her face? Even if the actress was unavailable, they could have easily substituted a cgi face on a different actress, especially considering that the figure of the woman in white never moved or spoke.

Did I miss something? Did Rick say something that indicated it was Lori that he thought he was seeing?
---------

I believe that at some point in the near future when the group is in dire straits, Darryl will appear and save the day. That's his thing.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think it was the same thing when he was imagining talking to Lori in the phone- it's just his mind playing with him

I wish Darryl would have went back too - was kinda hoping that the fight between the bros could have been Merryl demise- LOL

And I do like the black couple of the new people, but can't trust the 2 guys- being they wanted to over power carol and Carl .... Those 2 are trouble!

And I wonder why Andrea stayed and didn't go,back

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Andrea only saw Darryl. She didn't see the others, and only found out that Glenn and ??? were there later.

To leave, she would have had to set off on her own, and she didn't know where the others were either.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think if they'd have shown Lori's face they'd have had to have paid her. I did wonder why they made her look so creepy though.

I don't trust those two new guys either, I don't think Tyreese sufficiently persuaded them not to try something!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know what you guys are talking about? They showed Lori's face, and it was definitely the actress. At one point her eyes darted to her right and I wondered what she was looking at. I am rewatching it right now, and definitely see her face and even blinking as well as expressions. I'm watching on 55 inch screen in HD, and it's really the actress and they are showing her face.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On my 10 year old, no HD tivo, I can make out features, but it's really dark and I can't tell who it is at all!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I know you have an HD tv, so I have to cyber smack you for not watching in HD. It's time to update, my friend :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, on my screen her face was completely dark. Couldn't see it at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do I really have to snap a photo of my tv screen, or is someone else going to say they saw her face, too? LOL

Really, I could see her face. Maybe turn up your brightness?

I can understand how it might not be seen on standard definition, but if you aren't seeing it on HD, then maybe turn up the brightness.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
funny you should say that Naja, we're about to upgrade, probably next month! (finally!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I figured you probably were about to update, Kitt. I'm just being mischievous.

I downloaded the 720p version online and grabbed a couple caps and brightened them a little so you could see her face. The online version wasn't as clear as on tv, but you can at least see it's the actress.