TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, if anybody watched, it wasn't so enlightening, and maybe even a little dull if you had watched it unfold in real time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody missed Jimmy Kimmel last night and wants to see it, be sure to watch the replay during primetime on Tuesday. Matt Damon took over the whole show and renamed it "Jimmy Kimmel Sucks"....LOL It was revenge for over a thousand days of being bumped off the show (Jimmy has a running joke where at the end of every show he apologizes to Matt Damon because they ran out of time)

There are some clips here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/..../

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that was the best ep ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
This friday (2/1/2013) Jose Garces from the food network will be at the school I work at. They will be filming The Great American Cook off in the school cafeteria. I will try to get some pictures if I can but I think I am going to stay far away from the camera area. Just thought it was exciting. Not sure of the details but our school won a contest and will compete against another school but not sure where. That school is getting Anne Burrell.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if Vegas is going to be cancelled? I think it has gotten a lot better over time and wondered if maybe the cancellation was reconsidered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I tried to look it up for you, Dipo, and the latest I can find is at www.tvbythenumbers.com from Jan 29. They still say "likely to be canceled", but nothing official yet. But some of the comments were hopeful because the ratings went up a little this week without Parenthood being in the schedule.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thanks naja.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jimmy Kimmel is on demand on Comcast, so I was able to watch the episode there. It was fun to see Matt Damon, but I missed Jimmy. And goodness sakes, Demi more looks less and less like herself every day. Who was that?!?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody else watches HBO's "Girls" and "Enlightened", I just noticed the new eps are on Saturday night this week, with the reruns on Sunday night.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It's shameful how much I love my cable and am on a constant quest to get more out of my plan. With that in mind, I recommend the new CosiTV channel from NBC. Lots of 60s and 70s programming like Bionic Woman and Dragnet, and the occasional cool throwback movie like Jesus Chris Superstar, which I'm watching now.

http://www.cozitv.com/

ETA they also air a true throwback: the George Burns and Gracie Allen show. Hell yeah!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Not being a football fan, I watched this fascinating 2 hour show on the first 5 years of Saturday Night Live last night. Lots of interviews, lots of laughs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found this article from a couple weeks ago so interesting. Mainly because it seems to show the opposite of what most people here at the board say.

"Nielsen released its cross-platform report for Q3 of 2012 and it contained some interesting statistics about DVR vs. live viewing habits. Mainly that most TV is still viewed live and DVR viewing beyond seven days is pretty much non-existent."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/14/nielsen-study-shows/..../

----

Me:
Wow, not only is most TV viewing still done live, but it's done by an extremely large margin compared to recorded.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Not at my house. I can probably count the hours of "live" TV I watch at my house on my fingers.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Interesting. Even if I'm ready to watch something when it starts, I usually delay for 15 minutes so I can skip through the commercials.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they need to widen their sample! I have things on the DVR that are weeks and months old that we'll watch. And I too will delay the start of a show so that I can zip through all the commercials.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I also watched the SNL first 5 years special last night. Enjoyed it and found it interesting, even though I'm sure it's been shown before. I particularly liked the Gilda Radner part. So true.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Other than sports events like the Super Bowl, we haven't watched a show "live" in years. We always delay shows so we can fast forward. LOL - The only other exception to that is the live eviction show for BB which we watch live.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Up All Night? Christina Applegate has quit! Apparently there's a chance they'll replace her, but as it was already unlikely to be renewed I'd guess it will be the end (five episodes left to air). Shame, the characters and actors were likeable even if the plot sometimes was a bit insane.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I liked that show. Why did she quit? They move the show around so much,it seems its never on consistantly from one week to the next.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Something akin to "creative differences." She was producer on the show so I presume the network or whoever controls that stuff was pushing the show in a direction she didn't want to go.

Spear

08-05-2001

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are revamping the show and changing it to a multi-camera format (on a stage with a live audience, like CBS sitcoms):
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061380/

The show's creator already left:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/up-all-night-creator-emily-spivey-exits-408903

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I am not sure where to post this; is there a better place?

I wanted to give a heads up that a popular tv discussion website, tv without pity, has warning labels all over it when you google any part of the website: google says "This site may harm your computer."

This is recent, because I usually visit there at least once a week.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a better place to post this?

Thanks.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes they are working on it...ck out their fb page they are keeping us updated...https://www.facebook.com/twop?fref=ts

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's brutal for them.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, February 11, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Pamy. I always fail to understand why there are people out there who want to make things miserable for other people.