TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 08, 2013 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I backed up my DVR and it may have been "Harold Fin.." - either way it was easy to deduce that Finch was the one that sold the laptop.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, we'll have to deal with the 5-month virus release, but at least no more "chasing the man in the suit storyline," etc. etc. etc. And sooner or later, Root will return but I'm really hoping that Bear takes her out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So why would Finch sell the laptop to the Chinese?

I'm so confused.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm confused too. I thought the guy gave her the name of the person that sat them up to be killed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I'm also a little confused. Wasn't the point of Reese and Stanton's trip to China to recover the laptop for the CIA, but while they were supposed to kill each other (for being compromised), there were already plans to kill both of them but Reese got away. I was under the impression that the older guy in the Chinese hospital manipulated Stanton to believe that whoever set them up in China to be killed was the same person who sold the laptop. While Finch may have sold the laptop to the Chinese, I was under the impression that it was the CIA that bombed that compound hoping to take out both Stanton and Finch.

Which then leads me to believe that it was never really about them recovering the laptop since the laptop may not have survived that bombing. So perhaps the whole purpose of the trip was to kill Stanton and Reese.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, Lexie, you've just made me more confused.

But I agree with you on all those points....

If they were to recover the laptop, how could they recover it if both were dead? Snow said the bomb was "insurance", I suppose that meant if one of them wasn't successful in returning the laptop, they'd rather have them both dead, and the laptop destroyed?

But why have them shoot one another? Neither was really compromised.... (my head hurts).

Maybe the Chinese guy was just hoping she would take out Finch and he had nothing to do with the laptop sale?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I like to go to threads about shows I never watch read the posts. It's so funny, because to an outsider it's like reading the words that come out of the teacher on Peanuts. Makes absolutely no sense...but it's funny to read.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My take: the bomb was meant to destroy the laptop, along with the 2 agents.

The guy in China promised the name of who sold the laptop to the agent, kind of "who" got the ball rolling. I don't really have a theory as to why Finch would sell a laptop to the chinese. What was on it? I don't think he'd give his machine to the chinese? He doesn't seem to be anti-american govt type. So I think there's still a lot of backstory we just don't know.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I agree with Brenda.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda said what I said much more succinctly.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was definitely all over the place in my post. LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Because Snow sent them to China under the pretense of recovering the laptop. Snow didn't plan on them surviving the assassination attempt on each other or the bomb.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
but I still don't understand why Snow wanted them to shoot each other. What was the point of that?

I understand the bomb was in case they didn't succeed in getting the laptop (he said it was 'insurance').

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, the having to kill each other sets up all kinds of plot points so really just a function of story.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It was a good ending of that most suspensful situation for our Reese and Finch. So, now he's back where he started, anonymous and protected by Finch. I think Finch better watch his back, they almost figured him out and when I see him sitting on a bench with his fancy laptop I's surprised no one is pointing a gun at him... oops, I think that happened already, a lady had him for a while...

So, I keep watching.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Another idea: perhaps Snow set it up so that both Reese and Stanton would be gunning for each other with the hope that one would survive. He knew they were both excellent at what they did, and trained to stay quite while they were doing it. Maybe Snow had future plans for the survivor. Problem was, Reese couldn't do it, and let the cat out of the bag, too. Only problem with my theory is the bombing. Blows my theory. I agree with others that with the way the storyline has played out, that whole bombing thing does not make sense.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, February 04, 2013 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I forgot to mention that I agree with others about being glad we can finally get back to regular Person of Interest. The one that cares about the ordinary people.

Oh, and the prior message is actually meant to use the word "quiet", not quite. This is the second time in the last week that my fingers have engaged, while my brain hasn't, and I have messed up the quite/quiet spelling. Sorry about that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just still don't understand why Snow and Alicia wanted them dead. Either or both of them.

And Pam, my fingers often misinterpret my brain instructions too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did Alicia even know Reese and Stanton?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Alicia and Snow were together giving them the order to go to China. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kar... somehow I missed that.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so happy this show is back on track... and that Bear has a girlfriend.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That was a fun show!