TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 02, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 02, 2013 users admin

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Just like the blond Dr. donating all the millions to the hospital in Denny's name.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, the only way out is if the people from the plane become the owners of the hospital.

Did the next of kin of Lexie and Mark get some special deal or are they included?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meredith is Lexie's only next of kin. Didn't mom and dad both die at Seattle Grace?

Not so sure about Mark, of course.. but you'd think that Callie's child with Mark would be his next of kin.

LOL.. now I see that you said the same thing.. I was typing before finishing your post.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Didn't Lexie have another sister as well as Meredith?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That does nag at the back of my memory.. not sure, but if two of us thing so, maybe.

I'm guessing there would be other lawsuits and this one is strictly from the doctors who were put on the plane that crashed..

Callie was involved because she represented Mark through their daughter and when Arizona was home bound she represented her as well. Arizona, Cristina, Meredith, Derek, on the plane and surviving. Lexie is the loose end for this suit, I guess.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lexie had another sister. She was married and had a baby. Years ago.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Which was when we were first introduced to Meredith's dad and his other family isn't it?

Or the doctors could refuse their settlement couldn't they?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Can't help but be bothered by the whole lawsuit issue. There is no way this would happen this way. At least in California, they find out who is liable earlier on. There would not be someone named at the same time the amount of the settlement was announced. Friends of mine have been through lawsuits like this. The plaintiffs (the doctors) would have known who was liable and something would have been negotiated before this. I'm cringing, remembering this show is in Shondaland and the resolution will be very unrealistic.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, wouldn't the plane company have insurance and be liable. I'm still not sure why they were suing the hospital.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It's call "deep pockets" Karuuna....you sue everybody and anybody connected with the potential liability and target the ones with the most money be it assets or insurance.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think the writers are taking great, huge advantage of "creative license" in this case. I kinda wish it would go away.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
My guess is that all of our 15 millionaires will buy the hospital. Am I crazy?

Seamonkey - I totally think that's where they are going (even if it is totally unrealistic). And since Meredith will have her and probably Lexie's money (and so be the largest contributor), I can see them renaming the hospital with the very similar, but differently spelled "Settle Grey's".

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Apparently they won't be getting any money from the insurance company and if hospital goes bankrupt they won't get any money so don't see how they would have any money to buy the hospital.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The hospital owes them money.
The hospital can't give them money.
The hospital can either close and no one gets money
Or the group can accept the hospital in lieu of the money.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I bet that's what will happen. Grey's Anatomy . . . forever. It had its lean years, but it is good again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. of course I posted my opinion before I saw the end of the show and the preview about the insurance company not paying, so they couldn't buy the hospital with insurance payout, but since the hospital would own them a settlement (which of course could be re-negotiated I would think) and their attorney stated in the preview they would have to go bankrupt.. seems that there would be a chance of the doctors getting the hospital. And since several of them still have contracts for another season...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well they just kind of totally skipped over the whole process of how they paid the doctors, didn't they? I have a feeling Richard is going to have to fight for his job, and is there going to be a battle between Bailey and Derek?

The paramedic who asked April out - it kept bugging me who he was, until I finally looked it upon IMDB. He was on All My Children but mostly I remember his from Switched at Birth.

They better NOT have Merdith lose that baby.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else sit and think "They're already doing this on The Good Wife." Just when we think the writers are getting their groove back, they come in with another stupid storyline. Can't we just go back to having good medical stories and good interpersonal stories with the docs? Now we're going to have all the drama with budget cuts and departmental cuts and personnel cuts. Been there, done that. Ugh.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
All I could think when snarky lady was talking about how Richard has logged less hours in the OR is uhmmmm his wife just died last month do you think that might be why he wasn't as active?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I wanted him to scream 'my wife just died!!'

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too. And how dare she interrupt a delicate surgery by barging into an O.R.?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Last episode makes me want to scream! Why aren't the docs discussing the hospital situation v. the money they are owed? File some court papers! They must be among the biggest creditors. They should be able to keep the ER open, at least for awhile. This was all Shondaland nonsense this week!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But. .. the eyeopener was when Derek realized she was packaging the place to SELL. So maybe..

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they're setting it up for the Derek et al to buy the hospital? Actually the storyline has been a little choppy and, at least to me, disorganized in the last few weeks. It's like they used all their original ideas and writing talents up in some really outside scripts and shows and are now struggling.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, February 02, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
There were some good parts this episode though...Meredith thinking that something was wrong and not realizing that it was her baby moving (I really understand this - my first pregnancy ended in a 11 week miscarriage and I was terrified throughout my second pregnancy -- I realized at the end that I truly didn't believe that I was going to deliver a healthy baby -- of course almost 16 years later I realize how irrational that was but as a 38-year old pregnant woman it was how I coped). Loved Miranda's face when she told her it was the baby moving...and I loved how all the doctors were so appalled at that one doctor's disregard for the patients...