TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 06, 2012 users admin

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Loved season one, but this season I am not enjoying at all. The seasons with the crazy doctor and his sexual weirdness with the statue Mary and then the rape scene. Just too much. If there is a season three I'll check back, but until then I'm done.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm the same as Windowbox, last season was excellent but this season is just too much for me. Too much freak and not enough story. I'll watch a bit more to see if it calms down but might give up soon.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I'm really not on board with it this season. The episode I caught this week was over-acted and sensationalistic, with very little plot. They seem to have thrown suspense out the window in favor of shock value with the hyper-sexualized nun storyline. It's too much. Won't bother watching again.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with Window, Kitt and Ny. Watched this week's episode yesterday morning and found it jaw droppingly disturbing, not in a good, scary way. The scene with the Dr. and the Virgin Mary was cringeworthy and I couldn't get it out of my mind all day. I'm not overly religious, but felt that scene just went too far.
Will keep DVR'ing and watching hoping it gets better over the next couple weeks and because Jessica Lange is so good, but not enjoying this season like the first one.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't get all the rejection of this season of AHS....I am loving it! To me, it's really great as a "Horror" genre because for the most part this stuff could happen, or actually did happen decades ago. (Of course, the little robot bug that the evil doctor pulled out of the "abducted" guy's neck might be stretching it in the reality department. :-))

The best parts are the most horrific scenes for me...I find myself cringing and feeling totally creeped out. That's what I like about horror shows - they feel me with horror!....Yay Horror!

I loved stuff like The Exorcist and any movie with insane asylum themes have always totally freaked me out. What I liked best in season one of AHS was the humor (Denis O'Hare especially) and how the ghosts sort of started haunting each other...I had never seen a ghost story where the ghosts were actually going out of their way using mind games to mess with one another! But season two is at a whole other level!

Maybe the fact that I have absolutely no belief in ghosts but I do know that actual people can, and will, do the horrific things we're seeing in season two is why it's so compelling to me.

Alwill

04-08-2006

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwill a private message Print Post    
I like this show alot. Didn't see last season so can't compare but I love all the scenes not matter how gruesome or gory. Top of the line horror stuff. I love the religious stuff. Being an athiest, I have no problem with it. And I do think it shows things the way they were in the 60's with insane asylems.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying the show a lot. It is horrible and disturbing but then again it is a horror show. The horror kind of comes with the territory.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this show as much as one can for a horror show. However the lighting is just a tad too dark for my taste as I want to see all of the action around the scene. On AHS the lighting is so dark I cannot appreciate the actors. I get it that asylums were not light hearted fun places.As an undergrad a class went to the state insane asylum and it was quite depressing.Now closed that facility has been on shows were ghost hunters try to make contact with the dead.The building itself is quite impressive and dark, it is located in a small community and when I had to go thought that town about a year ago I looked in the distance and there it was.I knew that it had to be close by .Even the name I find offensive but it is the original name and one can tour it: The Trans Allegheny Insane Asylum.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
The plots thicken and I think I'll go crazy if at the end of this season I don't get some answers.

I really liked the Anne Frank storyline in tonight's show, very interesting twist in her known history... untrue of course, but how interesting to think of the possibility!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am beginning to think the visiting Dr. Thredson is not good. I think he has ulterior and horrible motives of his own.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes the Ann Frank plot is great, They did something similar in season one of AHS. One of the ghosts in the house was The Black Dahlia and they made a previous dentist tenant in the haunted house her killer.

It's great the way they pepper little grains of truth into this kind of horror...it adds an extra dimension to the story. That worked especially well with the Black Dahlia because her murder was never solved in real life so making the dentist character be the killer told us something (albeit fictional) that we never knew.

With this Ann Frank character, it's a little different because we all know her story and how it turned out....but still, it's a great subplot.

Wow. That final scene of Chloe Sevigney on the floor begging to be killed was chilling! I was so caught up in that episode I didn't realize the show was about to end. I saw the credits start and thought, "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Let me begin by saying I know nothing. Absolutely nothing. But, my guess is that Dr. Thredson is the alien in human form. Why else would he be singling out Kitt? Again, just a guess.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize that part was being played by Chloe Sevigney.

I have to say that it is a very disturbing show. I am enjoying it - sort of. But I'm not about to stop watching.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Just when you think you have all the crazies identified along comes the most recent episode. WOW. !!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I second that WOW with a WOW-WOW!

I got chills when I realized the good doctor's lamp shade had nipples! I knew something was off about him but that was a real surprise...I never would have predicted his "hobby" in a million years.

Great show! It keeps me guessing and glued to the screen but I can never figure out what's coming next.

I'm really happy that Chloe Sevigney is still in the story.....when she wasn't found n the lab, I figured her role for this season was done.

And that orbital lobotomy was extra creepy....it brought to mind Jessica Lange's critically acclaimed performance in the movie Frances...that was a great movie and that woman is still one of the best actors on TV or film!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
OMG I saw spots, not nipples !!!! What a freak a deak

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that they have now established that every supposedly sane person on this show is in fact insane and the only sane people are some of the patients. I have no clue where they are going with this except that they have managed to string together about every horror cliche they have available. I can't wait to see what they come up with next week. It's a roller coaster!

(By the way, the roller coaster reference is made up. I don't want to be accused of spoiling should one appear. )

And kudos to Sanfran for the nipple spotting. LOL - I'm not sure whether to be impressed or worried.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And kudos to Sanfran for the nipple spotting. LOL - I'm not sure whether to be impressed or worried. "

Be worried.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
AHS has been renewed for a 13 episode third season. Like this season, several actors will return in new roles. Only one confirmed so far is Jessica Lange.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
YAY!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I love this show sooo much!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, November 23, 2012 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I had forgotten about this show since giving up on it after episode two. I really liked it last season and was looking forward to seeing the new season. What I saw of it was unbelievably sick. I read here that some of you like it. It is just not my idea of entertainment. I hope I'm not coming off as judgemental but it was making me very uncomfortable.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
It makes me a little uncomfortable at times to so I can totally understand but I still really like this show.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
This is the strangest show ever, unbelievable plots.If one wants weird stuff this is the show to watch. I bailed last year but I am sticking with it in 2012. Woke up early this AM to catch last weeks show since I had been away for Thanksgiving; really glad I don't have to wait a whole week for the next episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think I zoned out for some of the show. Can someone explain how Lana escaped from Dr. serial killer house and made it back into the asylum? I mean I know how she escaped him, but how did she end up back in the asylum?